Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

I have a feeling that this is the question of a noob bargain-hunter :) but is there any way on the Argos site to see every Wii U or 3DS game that they're selling? Damned if I can figure it out. Even when you click on what should end up showing you "all titles", there's stuff missing that I know they have for sale!

Do you just have to use the site's search function over and over, for every title you might have some interest in, in the hopes that you'll get a hit? ...Even that technique seems glitchy to me. Say you're interested in Pokemon Art Academy. Search for "Pokemon" and the list of titles returned doesn't include that game. But search for "academy", and there it is, right at the top! (For €26.99, by the way.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Say you're interested in Pokemon Art Academy. Search for "Pokemon" and the list of titles returned doesn't include that game. But search for "academy", and there it is, right at the top! (For €26.99, by the way.)

That is absolutely ridiculous :eek::confused: They badly need to get rid of that dodgy search engine and replace it with Gooogle, or something :pac: Btw, thanks for that bargain alert, a lot of Pokemon fans would miss that discount otherwise. Anyone own it and recommend it? Very tempted to buy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 LuftWaffle

Does anyone know if WowHD is any good. People are saying they were dodgy when they traded as CDwow.
    They've got some good prices (Captain Toad €31.19).

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

LuftWaffle wrote: »
    Does anyone know if WowHD is any good. People are saying they were dodgy when they traded as CDwow.

I've bought a few wii u games from them with no hassle.....delivery takes a while though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They're OK as far as I know, as long as you're not in a hurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Pokémon Y/X 3DS €22.98 - €28.03 Delivered (Each) Amazon Italy
    Pokémon X Link

Nintendo Land €6.98 - €12.15 Delivered Amazon Italy

New Super Mario Bros €9.98 - €15.68 Delivered (Amazon Italy) (Apparently thi link stops shipping internationally at random, and starts again.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

They're very good, I've never had a problem with them. Just be warned, delivery takes 2 weeks. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was in Heatons in Strabane yesterday and saw Donkey Kong Country Returns among their reduced dvds for £1.50. So even though I just got it last week on Wii U VC, I went to buy. But they couldn't find it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

They're not dodgy, they're in Asia, so you have a small chance of being caught for customs charges.
    Also being in Asia means slow shipping.

The customs is really a non-issue for most games, as they've usually got prices at, below, or slightly above the limit, most duty officers will let you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I used them recently and ordered multiple items at the same time. Some took 3 weeks, others 4, and some never arrived(they did refund me). I used that Japanese site for the cheaper pro controller and that was massively quicker. I'd never use wowhd again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

Anyone looking for a Micro SD card for their new3DS might want to check out today's Deal Of The Day over at Amazon UK: Integral Micro SD cards for half-price.

16GB/32BG/64GB for £5.99/£9.49/£17.99. Each comes with a Micro SD to SD adapter.

Deal ends at midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Allyall wrote: »
    Pokémon Y/X 3DS €22.98 - €28.03 Delivered (Each) Amazon Italy
    Pokémon X Link

Nintendo Land €6.98 - €12.15 Delivered Amazon Italy

New Super Mario Bros €9.98 - €15.68 Delivered (Amazon Italy) (Apparently thi link stops shipping internationally at random, and starts again.)

is the pokemon y/x pal uk versions do you no? or anyone no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

johnf26 wrote: »
    is the pokemon y/x pal uk versions do you no? or anyone no?

Any European version would be so yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Quick question about pokemon.

Black and White are €16.99 each in argos at the moment, get the 2 for €29. As someone who never really got into pokemon but willing to dip the toes, which one should I get or even which one should I start with?

Are they worth this price?

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Black and White are €16.99 each in argos at the moment, get the 2 for €29. As someone who never really got into pokemon but willing to dip the toes, which one should I get or even which one should I start with?

Thanks guys

i wouldnt pick these up at that price to be honest argos had them for 7e at one stage might be a change they will go down again at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Thanks guys

First thing, don't get both of them. They are practically the same game, they only have minor differences between them - Pokemon games always release in pairs to encourage trading as you can only get some pokemon in one version.

Personally, I think Pokemon X & Y introduced a lot of things to make the game easier, especially for someone who has never played one before (and it also looks better as it is a 3ds game). But, getting Black or White would probably be fine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They are worth it at that price but aside from the points raised above (about it having been cheaper before, and about X/Y introducing a lot of stuff you'll miss out on) there are more practical concerns

B/W are DS games. The DS Ninty network is dead. You can't trade except locally. You can't use the GTS. No Wondercards. No competitions. If your goal is to play through the story, beat the E4, become the champion and move on, this is pretty much fine. If you want the full pokemon experience - whether that's catching them all, breeding a shiny perfect IV master race or beating every other player in the world with your team of Bidoofs - you are not going to get it and for a little more you can get X/Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

How many Pokemon are there now?

I played a demo of the latest one which didn't grab me at all, particularly when the Pokemon evolved into a psychedelic Beegee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

719 isn't it?

Dunno how much of a bargain this is, but black ops 2 for a tenner in gamestop. Much better than ghosts in my opinion.

That Demo was god-awful. It's almost as bad as Monster Hunter in terms of turning off potential converts. None of the mechanics that make the game interesting - namely the catching/breeding, raising, customisation of your team - are in it. It's like a cheap first RPG Maker project. The only reason people persevere with it is for the rewards.

There are now... 721 Pokémon if you count Hoopa and Volcanion. I don't think either of them are officially available yet but there was a Hoopa teaser mailshot last week.
    That doesn't include the different forms of Unown or Vivillion. There are others like Gastrodon east/west and male/female form differences but there are what, 28ish Unown (pretty sure there's a ? and a !) and theres what, 20 or so Vivillion?

And then there's the different regions and their text....

And Shinies! So double up your numbers...

• Advertisement

Wow I wasn't expecting that much. I haven't played any since Blue though so I'm a little out of touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Wow I wasn't expecting that much. I haven't played any since Blue though so I'm a little out of touch.

When it was 151 Pokemon, was much easier to catch them all :)

abbir wrote: »

Indeed. The rest are just imposters.

You know nothing, John Snow. R/B/Y was missing the sublime beauty of the male Lopunny, the wacky desperation of Vanilluxe, the missed opportunity of Goodra. You can never go back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

abbir wrote: »

I dunno about that... Mew was number 151 and you'd to hack it to get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Events to get pokemon were fierce good craic though. Although wifi distribution is obviously infinitely better and easier :pac:

I remember having to set up our Gameboy Colors on a stack of school books to perfectly line up the infrared, hoping and praying that Scyther would cross over. Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Cheers guys, decided not to get the pokemon games. Prob for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jojololo

good ORAS deals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

jojololo wrote: »
    good ORAS deals

Amazon.de had the steelbox editions for €35.99 each earlier on (May still do, I can't check).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement