Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not a deal on a game/console as such, but for anyone looking for a micro SD card for the New 3DS, this could be a good one:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Integral/Integral-32GB-UltimaPro-Micro-SDHC-Card-40MB_s-Including-Adapter---Class-10-

I've ordered from these guys myself in the past a bunch of times, currently using one of these in my 3DS, so swapping over to the New 3DS should be easy!

Copying from a standard SD to this is as simple as copying the files from one to the other on a PC / laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

HUKD steal
    WiiU Infinity 1.0 set - £9.99 + Delivery, £11.99 total

I know, you're thinking that they should add 14.99 charge for hardware, but that's not what it does at checkout. Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Banjo wrote: »
    HUKD steal
    WiiU Infinity 1.0 set - £9.99 + Delivery, £11.99 total

I know, you're thinking that they should add 14.99 charge for hardware, but that's not what it does at checkout. Huzzah!

Nice one man just ordered thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Cars, Toy Story and some other infinity stuff all reduced to very low prices in Tesco at the moment.
    Skylander stuff too, if thats your bag.

Apparently Lone Ranger is the best set for gameplay. Cars gives you lots of cool pieces for building tracks in Toy Box. And then buy Wreckit Ralph and Vanellope to race on those tracks - sorted. Until Ralph gets made into Mariokart DLC :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Apparently Lone Ranger is the best set for gameplay. Cars gives you lots of cool pieces for building tracks in Toy Box. And then buy Wreckit Ralph and Vanellope to race on those tracks - sorted. Until Ralph gets made into Mariokart DLC :D

The Lone Ranger set is pretty good alright.
    Although it is based on a film only about three of us have seen!
    I loved it by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Turtle beach WiiU headset is going for €9,27 delivered on amazon.co.uk right now. Was going for €34 very recently.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Smyths Sale today. Slim pickings for Nintendo stuff, though.

Wii U Party (with white wiimote!) - €20
    Wii Fit U (with fit meter and balance board) - €20

3DS - Skylanders Trap Team - €45
    3DS - Mario Golf - €20

No Wii U Party in Childers Road in Limerick (might save someone a trip) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Mr E wrote: »

€40 for the two of them is excellent. :)

..Coat and hat grabbed..
    .....Zzzzzzzzooooooooomm!!......

• Advertisement

CEX buy Wii Party U for €12 (no mention in the description of it coming with accessories) - so that's €8 for a wii mote and a horizontal Gamepad stand?

Wrong. They have it listed several times on the site. It's also bought at €6 WITH the WiiMote. Also, they'll only buy an official wiimote for €6, or an M+ wiimote for €1.70!
    Now, I have never actually sold through CEX, so I'll defer to the more experienced members of Boards here, but I would not go marching down to Smyths with a handful of €20 notes and dreams of avarice.

great deal if you actually want the games though. Remember, in independent tests* the Pokémeter (which the WiiFit meter shares it's pedometer tech heritage with) was the most accurate commercial pedometer IN THE WORLD!
    *(ok, one test. And I can't find the link)

Edit : Didn't see either in Carrickmines, but was too time-pressed to ask at the desk. They did have Mario Golf for €20 on the shelves and a couple of DS games (Sonic racing and Cut the Rope) for a tenner each, which doesn't feel like much of a bargain. Some tiny skylander figures with the cardboard backing missing for €1 (whatever his name was, the "enchanted" version was €5. And if you pick him up he falls out the back of the plastic and splits in half). Oh, and not a bargain but someone was looking for Luigi Amiibos in Dublin, well they had a few on the shelf. Smash, not Party. And it's practically in wicklow. But otherwise, job done!

Also, Red Wii for €50. 3 or 4 on the software desk. Because who doesn't want a crippled version of an obsolete console?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Its a terrible version of the Wii as well, poor build quality, only for the completist out there who must have ALL Ninty hardware.
    When standard Wii consoles are so so cheap and you can do so much with them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

What's wrong with the red Wii?

Also, spotted a black Wii for €45 in CEX today, was thinking about buying it. I fiddled around with my original Wii a few years ago to back up the games and I've recently found out that is the reason my Gamecube games no longer run on it. However I would still like to play Gamecube games in 480p so is it sound enough for that?

I'm talking about the Wii Mini, sorry, I assumed that's what he meant .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

C14N wrote: »
    What's wrong with the red Wii?

Also, spotted a black Wii for €45 in CEX today, was thinking about buying it. I fiddled around with my original Wii a few years ago to back up the games and I've recently found out that is the reason my Gamecube games no longer run on it. However I would still like to play Gamecube games in 480p so is it sound enough for that?

If your Gamecube games are PAL versions, they won't work in 480p no matter the version. It's only possible to play these games in 480p using mods.

Is the red Wii not the mini? My mistake if its not... As a man approaching 40 Red Wii is never a good sign. Am I right?

Is the red Wii not the mini? My mistake if its not... As a man approaching 40 Red Wii is never a good sign. Am I right?

Never a good sign at any age!
    Blood in the urine, noooo!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Bayonetta Double Pack is €46.99 in Argos, and you can add either Metroid: Other M, Fifa 13, or Mystery Case Files for 99c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Smyths Sale today. Slim pickings for Nintendo stuff, though.

3DS - Skylanders Trap Team - €45
    3DS - Mario Golf - €20

Thanks!
    Yesterday my brother got Wii U Party and Wii Fit U for me in Limerick as they only had Mario Golf in Carrickmines.

Score!

No Wii U Party in Childers Road in Limerick (might save someone a trip) :)

**** just saw this, my brothr went in around 4 yesterday and got it no prob (he had to ask at the counter as it wasn't on display), same thing for Wii Fit.

• Advertisement

Ah FFS. I asked at the counter too.

kingtut wrote: »
    Thanks!
    Yesterday my brother got Wii U Party and Wii Fit U for me in Limerick as they only had Mario Golf in Carrickmines.

Score!

I don't know about you but what im reading between these lines is that you are the centre of the universe and Mr E and my purposes within that universe are to exist close to Smythses that you have access to. I find this both disturbing and liberating.....

I want Wii fit but don't need it.
    I want it because its a WiiU game I don't have, I don't need it as I already have a balance board and I can see my penis without the aid of a mirror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You really should put some pants on...

I don't know about you but what im reading between these lines is that you are the centre of the universe and Mr E and my purposes within that universe are to exist close to Smythses that you have access to. I find this both disturbing and liberating.....

I checked as many stores as I could, first went to Bray (they had nothing), then went to Carrickmines (they had Mario Golf) also went to tallaght and they had only had mario golf which I already had. Blanch was too far so asked my bro in limerick and he said he got both (wii u fit and party) for me (he better not be pulling my leg)

Is the sale still on today or was it yesterday only?

apparently it's running for 3 weeks or so with possible stock changes/renewals/etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Thanks for the heads-up on those deals - grabbed a Wii Fit U for €20 in Smyths in Bray yesterday afternoon. Wife should be impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

No Wii fit U or Wii U party in Jervis St. Smyth's

Plenty of Mario Golf though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

If anybody spots Wii Party U, could you get it for me please? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement