Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

ionapaul wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads-up on those deals - grabbed a Wii Fit U for €20 in Smyths in Bray yesterday afternoon. Wife should be impressed!

Was there many there at that stage? I was in at 5 and they had none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

kingtut wrote: »
    Was there many there at that stage? I was in at 5 and they had none.
    The guy didn't say, he just went into the back and grabbed one for me, so no idea if there were any left or if I got the last one going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

How much is Mario Golf by the way, and is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

€20, it's very good.......if you like that sort of thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Online is very good, won my first tournament last week, good value for €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I found it a tough game to keep up with on a casual basis as a total hoarder. The amount of online competitions with collectable prizes was overwhelming. Good fun though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Got Splinter Cell Wii U for €1 in Smyths sale yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Shop assistant in swords never heard of Wii party U, said he stocks all of the games.
    Got the 2nd last Wii U fit, and a lady picked up the last one.
    There was nothing else of any value there today. But I'm going to check again tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got an email there from my friends in Amazon. Fr
    Monster hunter 4 price drop to 33.90!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Also now getting adverts for Amazon.fr on my phone as I browse Boards!
    While reading about the latest Ninty news I also know there's some damn fine bargains to be had there in Majorette toy cars!
    Win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

@Corholio - was splinter cell on the shelf and stickered @€;1?

Amazon have Resi REvelations WiiU for £11.99 - it's been that low before but not for a while on there. Also, if you were lucky enough to get the Walking Dead Compendium #1 for £10.94 the other week, it's jumped up to £40 so it's a good time to swing by the page and feel smugly self-satisfied :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

What's the difference between MH4U 2DS for €34 and the MH4U 3DS for €65 on amazon.fr?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

None, other than one is obviously trying to rip someone off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Banjo wrote: »
    @Corholio - was splinter cell on the shelf and stickered @€;1?

Yes it was. I'ts actually missing the front cover and the manual is inside the plastic instead. It has a pre-owned sticker but the disc is definitely brand new.

2e6cxv7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Corholio wrote: »
    Yes it was. I'ts actually missing the front cover and the manual is inside the plastic instead. It has a pre-owned sticker but the disc is definitely brand new.

Nice, but just make sure there's not an Argos book stuffed inside instead of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

splinter cell was an alirght game, co-op is worthless though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Just picked up a premium Wii U with nintendoland in hmv for 99 blips in a valentine sale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Just picked up a premium Wii U with nintendoland in hmv for 99 blips in a valentine sale!

Omg that's amazing! But I thought hmv didn't sell the WiiU anymore? which hmv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Hmv in Galway, they have a very small poster in the window and none on display, they're behind the counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hmv in Galway, they have a very small poster in the window and none on display, they're behind the counter.

I was only in their recently and they had them out in the shelf. Nothing at a good price either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Wow, right place at the right time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus! I'd have bought a second one on principle for that price.

I was in HMV Dundrum today, it was crap. Tiny selection of WiiU games, none of which were among the best games on the system. Didn't have Majora's Mask either, which just made me cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Not the bargain of the century, but possibly the best price around at the minute - (And may take 1 - 2 months to dispatch)
    Official Wii U 2550mAh Gamepad Battery Pack - €16.83 (€24.51 Delivered) from Amazon France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No deal on Wii U in Dublin stores I've been calling still full price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Allyall wrote: »
    Not the bargain of the century, but possibly the best price around at the minute - (And may take 1 - 2 months to dispatch)
    Official Wii U 2550mAh Gamepad Battery Pack - €16.83 (€24.51 Delivered) from Amazon France
    Grabbed one myself yesterday, alas there's a 1-2 month lead time on them currently but still worth ordering now for when they come back in stock.

AmazonWatch reporting in
    Etrian Odyssey IV - Legends of the Titan for £29.99 (down from £34.35)
    Watchdogs down to £16.99 from £18.85
    Also bayonetta 2 has dropped about 50p but that puts it just under £30, on £29.99, and psychologically that might be enough to tip you over the edge.

That wasn't there this morning...
    http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/super-mario-hat-127
    4000 Stars = Super Mario Hat!
    5116-54e1c4f35b29e.png
    5116-54e1c4e8e7070.png

Banjo wrote: »
    AmazonWatch reporting in
    Etrian Odyssey IV - Legends of the Titan for £29.99 (down from £34.35)
    Watchdogs down to £16.99 from £18.85
    Also bayonetta 2 has dropped about 50p but that puts it just under £30, on £29.99, and psychologically that might be enough to tip you over the edge.

Etrian Odyssey is still expensive, isn't it, I paid €44.99 for moved in GS last month.
    I think Argos has the best price on Bayonetta 1/2 right now, don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Just a note on Etrian Odyssey. If anyone is on the fence about it, you can download the demo from the eshop. If you like it and buy the full game, your save file will transfer over from the demo so you won't lose any progress.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement