Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Banjo wrote: »
    That wasn't there this morning...
    http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/super-mario-hat-127
    4000 Stars = Super Mario Hat!
    5116-54e1c4f35b29e.png
    5116-54e1c4e8e7070.png

Meh, just a hat. I'm holding out until something really cool pops up. That won't happen probably until July or August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

By all accounts (there's now a listing on HUKD for this) the hat is crap. It was given out earlier as a bonus with orders from the Nintendo store.

On the plus side, that may mean that the Mario and Luigi wheels make an appearance, as well as any other assorted tat they have that they didn't shift in other offers. Anything to save them having to do something special as a send off for the Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm still hoping for download codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...as well as any other assorted tat they have that they didn't shift in other offers.

Fingers crossed for Skull Kid statues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm still hoping for download codes.

Same here, or the option to convert Stars into eShop credit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have 12,000 points saved up, and theres nothing on there I want. If we don't get anything better, I'll have to take the bloody yoshi backpack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Same here. I have about 13k.... hoping for download codes, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Game&Watch is nice, I have one of those.
    The Yoshi backpack looks ok.
    I suppose you just have to check it everyday.
    I've a feeling if you wait for the word to get out the rarer stuff will already be sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

FIFA 13 Wii U Game €6.99 at Argos.

Don't think it'll ever be cheaper just as we'll never get another one for Wii U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

sligeach wrote: »
    FIFA 13 Wii U Game €6.99 at Argos.

Don't think it'll ever be cheaper just as we'll never get another one for Wii U.
    I could make a joke about it still being the best football game on the system (being the only one really) but it's still a good game that I dip into every odd weekend. There's also still people to play against online.
    After you download the old squad update, you can still make club transfers to make your team current. Brought Lennon into my Toffees side after the last transfer window but there's still no stricker to rival my own self in that team ;)
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAtVHhjLVmV-A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Pokémon Shuffle is free for the 2DS/3DS. Scan the QR code or go to Nintendo eShop.

http://www.pokemonshuffle.com/en-ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Allyall wrote: »
    Pokémon Shuffle is free for the 2DS/3DS. Scan the QR code or go to Nintendo eShop.

http://www.pokemonshuffle.com/en-ie/

The in game purchases make this one look very dangerous!

bkrangle wrote: »
    The in game purchases make this one look very dangerous!

Yep. Sorry about that. Apparently it's not good at all - http://pocketmonster.kotaku.com/pokemon-with-microtransactions-is-just-as-bad-as-it-sou-1686652289

I'll edit the above post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Hi,

anyone any suggestions for the best place to pick up a Wii U? Amazon uk working out around 275 for 32 gig seems to be the best I can find at the moment, although I've seen them cheaper in the past. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Twigster wrote: »
    Hi,

anyone any suggestions for the best place to pick up a Wii U? Amazon uk working out around 275 for 32 gig seems to be the best I can find at the moment, although I've seen them cheaper in the past. Thanks.

try a couple of tesco if you can (the large superstores) they were clearing them for 99 quid recently! Otherwise Hot uk deals will show you the best online deals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That was the UK, few if any ever stocked them Ireland in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That was the UK, few if any ever stocked them Ireland in recent years.

there was at least one user on boards who got one in Ireland. I saw a Wii U console/section in Naas superstore but not had a chance to check since the reduction if it's still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Didn't someone say they got one dead cheap (€100?) in HMV the other day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, in HMV in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There's a traded majora mask xl in parkway GameStop for €229. Mint and not used at all apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Anyone looking for a cheap Wii U I'd start scouring Tesco Extra stores. Picked up a Wii U premium with Nintendoland yesterday in Tullamore for €139 :D

Nothing up about it just asked at the electrical desk if they had one. They said it was their last one. Guy at desk didn't even know what it was :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ryath wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a cheap Wii U I'd start scouring Tesco Extra stores. Picked up a Wii U premium with Nintendoland yesterday in Tullamore for €139 :D

Nothing up about it just asked at the electrical desk if they had one. They said it was their last one. Guy at desk didn't even know what it was :rolleyes:

You got ultra lucky. 99.99% of the stores don't have them and don't have any Wii U products whatsoever. Most stores never did to begin with either. You'd have more luck going down to your local river and panning for gold because that's what that deal is. Gold dust.

AC blag flag for WiiU, 5er 2nd hand in Smyth's blanch. Also have guitar hero greatest hits for Wii for a euro. More than a feeling and freebird are on it if memory serves. Well worth the money :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

AC blag flag for WiiU, 5er 2nd hand in Smyth's blanch. Also have guitar hero greatest hits for Wii for a euro. More than a feeling and freebird are on it if memory serves. Well worth the money :-)

Best Air Guitar song ever.

Best Air Guitar song ever.
    I dunno, I always feel like I look like I'm fingering a giant during the pre-chorus bit... Its pretty good line-up, kiss, queen, qotsa, slayer, all drawn from pre-world tour GHs but with drum and singing support. And Cheaper than a Snickers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I dunno, I always feel like I look like I'm fingering a giant.

Now there's a picture for the wallet
    Also, the source of income for your therapist for years to come!

Giants need luvin too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

sligeach wrote: »
    You got ultra lucky. 99.99% of the stores don't have them and don't have any Wii U products whatsoever. Most stores never did to begin with either. You'd have more luck going down to your local river and panning for gold because that's what that deal is. Gold dust.

I wouldn't say it's that long of a shot there's about 10 Tesco extras around Leinster and one in Cork and Clonmel. Any one I've been in has a few Wii U games. Mario Kart, Mario 3D and Smash brothers were in stock in Tullamore. I'm pretty certain I've seen the odd one in the regular tesco in Athlone they still carry a good few wii games.

Ok know there's none in Naas or Tullamore now but it's worth asking in other Tesco Extras. Tesco never promoted the wii u properly and I'd say there's a good chance others still have one or two stashed in the store room. Certainly worth asking about anyway. As I said the guy I asked didn't even know what a Wii U was.

• Advertisement

Seen Mario 3D and Smash Bros for Wii U in Tesco Clearwater last week, can't imagine them stocking such games without the console to boot, must pop over in the morning to check.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement