Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone else here order the Wii U battery from Amazon France with it now being stuck in the UK due to being flagged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Danonino. wrote: »
    I want to see a receipt for this magical Wii U for €100 from HMV because it seems to be nonsense.

0_L5h_c0i_Og8ok_Iwg1_YGi_Yp_Xv_RB53_Bt_Fj_O9d_H92_DBe1_A.jpg

Neither magical nor nonsense. I don't think this offer is still running, it was just a one day offer.

I also picked up Bayonetta 1 and 2 for €46.99 in Argos which seems a bargain to me, other places have Bayonetta 2 alone for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

pasta-solo wrote: »
    I also picked up Bayonetta 1 and 2 for €46.99 in Argos which seems a bargain to me, other places have Bayonetta 2 alone for that price.

Argos have Bayonetta 2 alone for that price. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's a bit silly!

screenshot_wwwargosie_2015_02_25_09_18_24.png

For anyone that wants it:
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=325%2F7702

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's been that price since before Christmas. Most of their other Wii U games seem to have gone up in price though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's been that price since before Christmas. Most of their other Wii U games seem to have gone up in price though.

May be because of the falling value of the Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

HMV sale was a once off exclusive to Galway due to lack of customers or so pretty much every HMV and Xtra-vision I have asked in the past week had to say. :(

sligeach wrote: »
    May be because of the falling value of the Euro.

Odd thing is they have been selling PS4 bundles here for €350 yet the same bundle was £299.99 in UK which is over €400 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Well shut me right up. No way :D so the €100 Wii u WAS real. Dang.

(Picked up the last double bayonetta in Argos last week, third game I've bought for a console I don't own ha ha)

• Advertisement

Can't decide between the basic White for €220 with New Super Mario Bros U Or €235 with Smash Bros :o
    Or the Premium Black for €300 with Mario Kart 8 or NSB+Luigi U??

Can you get the vertical stand and cradle in white?

Is there a better offer available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Danonino. wrote:
    Can't decide between the basic White for €220 with New Super Mario Bros U Or €235 with Smash Bros  Or the Premium Black for €300 with Mario Kart 8 or NSB+Luigi U??

the premium bundle with Mario Kart is working out at around two sixty from Amazon UK using parcel motel,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They are selling the poverty model of the WiiU for 199.99 in Argos and with NSMB U for another 15.
    Alternatively you could get the console for that price with Mass Effect 3 for 204.98, great value tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Amazon UK are selling the red and white 2DS for £50

Thing is I rather the white model I just would use the stand etc that comes with the black.
    I'm thinking white pro controllers ect might be harder to grab.

Decisions decisions.235 with smash is pretty sweet. But I'll need a GameCube adaptor asap for the wavebirds :o

Wonder if there's any windwaker LEs lying around locally :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Danonino. wrote: »
    (Picked up the last double bayonetta in Argos last week, third game I've bought for a console I don't own ha ha)

is that fifa bayonetta 1 and 2 ?

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGames9zj5zyqzfv/
    £27 for xenoblade 3d seems alright.

Not sure if I've ordered from them before, worst case use parcel motel.

Fifa... Urrgghh.
    Resident evil revelations, zombi u and bayonetta 1+2 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Batman: Arkham Origins £3.96
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CBURUMS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A4SM3YQF189R5

Couldn't help myself at that price..works out at 11 euro delivered

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

smokingman wrote: »
    Batman: Arkham Origins £3.96
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CBURUMS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A4SM3YQF189R5

Couldn't help myself at that price..works out at 11 euro delivered

Thanks for that, ordered just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks for that, ordered just now.

Picked up WatchDogs and Lego Marvel as well in a bit of an impulse buy...£19.32 and £20.34 respectively.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEOUMZS
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CHHKJGY

I really shouldn't have done that though; I've enough of a backlog...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I don't want to make matters worse but
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LEW3GAO/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    Monster Hunter 4 for £27.85 (Amazon)
    There's a rakuten deal on HUKD for around £24ish with a code, but delivery may push it up and you need SOMETHING to push you into Supersaver on that Batman deal :D
    (Edit : There is no supersaver on that Batman deal. But still...)

Ooooh - Sonic racing transformed back down to £9.99 too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Any decrease in a Nintendo game is cause for a national day of celebration.

Raging I missed out on Kirby Triple Deluxe for €20 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Only recently started buying downloaded games and have quickly run out of space. Have made an external hdd from an old laptop hdd. My question is without hacking the wiiu can i play games saved on it? Or even use saved games on it or do i have to move things onn and off before use?

magnumbud wrote: »
    Only recently started buying downloaded games and have quickly run out of space. Have made an external hdd from an old laptop hdd. My question is without hacking the wiiu can i play games saved on it? Or even use saved games on it or do i have to move things onn and off before use?

If the hard drive has its own power source then yes it's no problem. If you're using a portable hard drive that gets its power from the console then you'll need a Y cable because one USB port doesn't supply enough power. I've a Seagate USB 3.0 500GB Expansion hard drive. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-500GB-portable-external/dp/B0084LZIB8) used with a Y cable and it works perfectly.

Unboxed copy of Kirby Superstar Ultra for the DS here in GS Santry for a tenner. That's a great game for feck all tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I got yoshi touch and go unboxed for 49 cent in gamestop :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just reserved Bayo 1&2 in Argos Liffey Valley for €47, plus FIFA 13 for €1.

Wahey

cloud493 wrote: »
    I got yoshi touch and go unboxed for 49 cent in gamestop :)

Creepiest name for a game ever. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Watch Dogs: Special Edition - €27.50 Delivered from Game.co.uk

You could add a Gamepad Carry Case for £2 - Which brings the total to €30.25 Delivered.

• Advertisement

That's not a good deal for Watch Dogs. I'll wait until it's €10 or €15.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement