Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Anyone know where I can get Zelda Ocarina of time for 3DS for a reasonable price? (By reasonable I'm thinking 30 euro or less).

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

kingtut wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get Zelda Ocarina of time for 3DS for a reasonable price? (By reasonable I'm thinking 30 euro or less).

I think CEX have it for 30

Failing that you might pick a copy up on adverts.......I got one for 30 earlier in the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yup, as bkrangle said, should be able to get it in CEX (assuming they have it in stock!) for €30.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94553846#post94553846

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496520793#.VPh4ivmsXnE

bkrangle wrote: »
    I think CEX have it for 30

Failing that you might pick a copy up on adverts.......I got one for 30 earlier in the week
    Star Lord wrote: »
    Yup, as bkrangle said, should be able to get it in CEX (assuming they have it in stock!) for €30.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94553846#post94553846

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496520793#.VPh4ivmsXnE

Thanks guys,

Ye I saw a few on adverts but they were gone when I saw them :(
    CEX looks to be out of stock but I'll keep my fingers on F5 ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thanks guys,

Ye I saw a few on adverts but they were gone when I saw them :(
    CEX looks to be out of stock but I'll keep my fingers on F5 ;)

Yeah sorry I nabbed the only copy they had yesterday.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry I nabbed the only copy they had yesterday.

The one in tralee? Ye I was going to grab it but decided with postage it wasn't worth it (would rather collect in person).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The one in tralee? Ye I was going to grab it but decided with postage it wasn't worth it (would rather collect in person).

That was the one yeah. I should have got it weeks ago when I was in one of their shops in Dublin but didn't. Be fecked if I was driving to Tralee for it though and still a tenner cheaper than the nearest Gamestop (no surprise there!). :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That was the one yeah. I should have got it weeks ago when I was in one of their shops in Dublin but didn't. Be fecked if I was driving to Tralee for it though and still a tenner cheaper than the nearest Gamestop (no surprise there!). :pac:

I'm going to head into Dublin later as the shops are open late, maybe I'll be lucky and find a copy somewhere (or even in CEX assuming they don't update their site immediately).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Was 1 fantasy life in Argos Liffey Valley, just grabbed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Star Lord wrote:
    Was 1 fantasy life in Argos Liffey Valley, just grabbed it!

goodbye march!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Was in HMV Grafton Street at lunch and managed to fill a few gaps in my Wii collection. They have a tonne of games that are missing boxes in a big bargain bin thing. Got Zack & Wiki, Madworld and Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles for €4 each.

The biggest bargain I saw was Donkey Kong Country Returns for €4 but have it already so decided to leave it. Also had Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 for €10 each.

There are also loads of PS3, XBox 360 and DS games similarly priced.

Was in HMV Henry St. today and there was a Wii U 2nd hand section with about 9 or 10 different titles. Was so tempted to get Pikmin 3 for €40 but a bit strapped til next month. Shouldn't torture myself like that! I thought HMV had stopped stocking Wii U stuff or is it just new stuff they stopped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

For the lark, I dropped into Tesco Portlaoise today to see if any of the clearance WiiUs might still be lurking around.

Indeed they do still have an 8GB (no game) pack sitting out back, which scans at an eye-watering €325. Erm, no thanks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

For the lark, I dropped into Tesco Portlaoise today to see if any of the clearance WiiUs might still be lurking around.

Indeed they do still have an 8GB (no game) pack sitting out back, which scans at an eye-watering €325. Erm, no thanks.

Was in a dunnes in Cork a week or so ago who had a Wii behind the counter for either 249 or 299, not a Wii U folks, a Wii.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

That's the hilarious thing about the supermarket console bargain alerts, you will either be richly rewarded for going to the checkout to do a price check, or you will have the embarrassment of shuffling off with a console that probably costs more than than its launch price.

Mario Kart 7 3DS Download code available for ~€18 (see details in description/comments for discount code)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mario-kart-7-3ds-12-99-with-fb-discount-cdkeys-2159049

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Was in HMV Henry St. today and there was a Wii U 2nd hand section with about 9 or 10 different titles. Was so tempted to get Pikmin 3 for €40 but a bit strapped til next month. Shouldn't torture myself like that! I thought HMV had stopped stocking Wii U stuff or is it just new stuff they stopped?

The Grafton Street one had a tiny section of Wii U games and none of them were new releases. They did have Call of Duty BLOPS 2 for a tenner though.

Looked all over Dublin city yesterday, found a copy of Ocarina of time 3DS in CEX liffey street, went up to counter and was told "oh sorry we don't have this, the box should have been taken off the shelf".

FML !! :mad:

No fantasy life in Stephen's Green Argos.........ah well

Did pick up pokémon art academy for €23 though.....looks like it could be fun/different

Looked all over Dublin city yesterday, found a copy of Ocarina of time 3DS in CEX liffey street, went up to counter and was told "oh sorry we don't have this, the box should have been taken off the shelf".

Did you try Gamestop on Liffey St.? Saw a few cases on the shelf, doesn't mean it was in stock of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

No Fantasy Life in Dundrum :( But the SKU is definitely live on their in-store systems.
    HMV Dundrum did have a bunch of Wii and 3DS pre-owned stuff for €4/5 quid, didn't have time to go through it as I had more important errands to run and f-all time, but there were no great deals at the front of any of the piles. Rock Band Beatles, Band Hero, EA Sports titles that kind of thing.

Well... LEgo City Undercover for €25 (looked new, too) isn't bad at all. But that's not at the front any more, it's at the back of the 3rd WiiU stack from the left on the top row. I stuck Mass Effect for €54 euro at the front to ward off casual browsers (they have ME for 54, 19.99 or 9.99 depending on how hard you look.)

Oh yeah. Zombi U was also there for 9.99. Batman AC for 14.99. BLOPs at various prices between 9.99 and 59.99.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pandoras Tower for the Wii is only €9.99 in Gamestop Swords, and they have a few copies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

In other words "the cart isn't where it should be and I can't be arsed bothering to look around for it." How can you just end up with a spare box and no game. It's happened me a few times in CeX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Pandoras Tower for the Wii is only €9.99 in Gamestop Swords, and they have a few copies.

Would anybody like to buy me a copy of Pandora's Tower and I'll pay for postage?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Would anybody like to buy me a copy of Pandora's Tower and I'll pay for postage?

Feck, I'm back in work and won't be there for the rest of the weekend.
    Sorry!
    They have three copies of the game BTW.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Did you try Gamestop on Liffey St.? Saw a few cases on the shelf, doesn't mean it was in stock of course!

Unfortunately it was closed when I walked past :(

Just saw one on CEX but by the time I went to purchase it was gone argh!! (at this point I'll happily pay €30 plus €5 postage to get it)

I have played it on my PC but with a controller is best :D

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

got the last Pandora on henry St, tried the Liffey St for a second for sligeach and they had two copies but no covers!? so left it be. sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Anyone know where to get a wiimote+ cheap at the moment? Also nunchucks?

SK1979 wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get a wiimote+ cheap at the moment? Also nunchucks?

€20 in cex
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496890629#.VPos5Lz46rU

They have nunchucks for a fiver aswell.
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SWIIWIIE004#.VPot5E346rU

• Advertisement

Wow, CEX are offering 16 credit for Pandoras Tower....
    So is it worth breaking the heart of three Wii fans for the sake of making 18 euro ;)

Actually, the staff in GS in the Pavilion's Swords are pretty decent, I'd ring and ask them to hold you a copy in the morning, they'll do that I'd say.
    Well worth it for the game, part of the triumvirate of Last Story, Pandoras Tower and Xenoblade Chronicles (I have them all!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement