Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

If someone could buy Pandora's Tower for me I'll pay them plus postage. I'd really appreciate it.

I rang Gamestop in Blanchardstown first thing this morning and asked if they had any new copies and he said that he'd doubt that there'd be new copies as the Wii was old but he checked and sure enough there was 2 copies. I asked him to keep it aside for me and I'd be in in a few hours.

I travelled over an hour and when I got there he said he had the games but no boxes. I didn't leave my number so he couldn't ring me back. I said that they must be there somewhere, he had searched earlier but couldn't find it. He was fairly knowledgeable about games and I was mentioning Xenoblade and The Last Story to him. He was saying the game's expensive enough still and anyway him and another member of staff spent another 5 minutes at least searching everywhere for it. But it wasn't to be found. He says people steal cases fairly regularly and he knew it was a black case so it should have stood out like a sore thumb. Really annoying I bought a copy and he put it in a blank case. Seeing as I travelled all that way I wasn't going to leave empty handed. Why do people do this? I think it was sweetie who said the same thing happened in town in the Liffey Street branch. I couldn't fault the staff they were very nice and helpful.

Again, if someone has a spare copy I'd be very grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd appreciate also if someone is passing & might grab a copy for me...and will happily reimburse + postage (Edit - I'd have no interest in a disc only copy, so if that's what they are then I can do without. If it's a boxed copy though, count me in)

I also meant to say there's 1 copy left of Pandora's Tower in Blanch as long as you don't mind the missing box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

kingtut wrote: »
    Looked all over Dublin city yesterday, found a copy of Ocarina of time 3DS in CEX liffey street, went up to counter and was told "oh sorry we don't have this, the box should have been taken off the shelf".

FML !! :mad:

That's happened to me before. I wanted to get Kung Fu Panda on Blu Ray one time and at the front they said they didn't have it. Went back to the same one a week later and I saw it again so I assumed they had a new copy since then that someone traded in. Nope, apparently they just put the empty box back on the shelf.
    Myrddin wrote: »
    In other words "the cart isn't where it should be and I can't be arsed bothering to look around for it." How can you just end up with a spare box and no game. It's happened me a few times in CeX.

I doubt that. I mean, it's still a sale for them, I'd assume they just lose discs sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

C14N wrote: »
    I doubt that. I mean, it's still a sale for them, I'd assume they just lose discs sometimes.

I've seen it happen, the chap behind the counter would go away & look for a game disc only to return empty handed with the "must have been sold" approach. I then asked to maybe check in the PS3 section (it was a 360 game), & low and behold it turned up. If they look in the obvious places like DS section for 3DS game, PS2 section for PS3 game etc, and it still can't be found, then fair enough. But not even bothering to look in the obvious places is nothing else but lack of initiative or simply laziness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry I nabbed the only copy they had yesterday.

Just got one online from the Stillorgan store :D
    Can't wait to get it in the post!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If I'm in GS swords and they are still there I'll pick the two copies up for you.
    No problem

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If I'm in GS swords and they are still there I'll pick the two copies up for you.
    No problem

Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Thank you.

No worries, you an Myrddin, assuming they are still in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'll going to try in limerick tomorrow or Monday. If I find any I can get them too and post them on if anyone wants them.

• Advertisement

Limerick doesn't have any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

No Pandoras Tower in Cork either. Guy at the desk never heard of it and was surprised when he checked the stock and saw it was a real game :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Limerick doesn't have any.

Did you try all 3?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Did you try all 3?

Sorry. The Parkway shopping centre might have a copy but the other 2 shops don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Link between worlds on 3DS is going for £19.00 (€26.00) on amazon at the moment. Out of stock, but you can still order and the price will be locked in when they get more stock. Delivery to Parcel motel for €4.00 or you can combine with order to get free delivery.

Link (click on 29 new from £19.00 and then select amazon as a seller)

Really a fantastic game. I bought the special edition 3DS especially for it even :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

N64 wrote: »
    Link between worlds on 3DS is going for £19.00 (€26.00) on amazon at the moment. Out of stock, but you can still order and the price will be locked in when they get more stock. Delivery to Parcel motel for €4.00 or you can combine with order to get free delivery.

Link (click on 29 new from £19.00 and then select amazon as a seller)

Really a fantastic game. I bought the special edition 3DS especially for it even :D

It's also 26 euro in argos, for those impulse buyers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

imitation wrote: »
    It's also 26 euro in argos, for those impulse buyers out there.

Can't find it on the website. You have a LINK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can't find it on the Irish or UK sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Hmm looks like its in in store only, I have definitely seen it in the catalog at Cork Mahon and Cork Blackpool but I did not check stock. Worth a punt if your near an argos though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's on their ebay outlet - Link Between Worlds for £19.99 but requires Parcel Motel (Or a UK address).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fantasy life code is 309/4642

Kirbys td is 281/3570

Anyone near sligo theres 1 of each in stock in the extra store.

Was passing the local Argos store and decided to see if they had Kirby, 1 left in store. Nice one! :)

OlBYpoc.jpg

Wish they made them visible on the online store though.

Right, I gave the two copies of Pandora's Tower here for you guys.
    There's another in the GS in swords for the travelling gamer.

I'm going to try and grab that, If I get the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Right, I gave the two copies of Pandora's Tower here for you guys. There's another in the GS in swords for the travelling gamer.

what a star!!

Got it.. Timing couldn't have been better. I wouldn't have even been able to get to/go to Swords any other day, or later today.. :D
    Perfect.. :)

I saw a few Wii U titles for less than €20, but didn't have time to check them all to see if any were worth it.

Message received and money sent. As I said you're a legend.

I was thinking about the boxes for this game being missing(more like stolen) in the shops and that as far as I'm aware this is the only game released in Europe with a black box. So it's rather collectible. I never really payed much attention to them but they've the Wii stamped on the inside. Also you could funk up some of your other Wii games by changing the box.

There's a boxed copy of Pandor's Tower in GS Arklow, €30 though so no thanks!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    There's a boxed copy of Pandor's Tower in GS Arklow, €30 though so no thanks!

That may be a mistake. You should tell them it's €9.99 on their website and all other Gamestop stores are selling it for that price.

That may be a mistake. You should tell them it's €9.99 on their website and all other Gamestop stores are selling it for that price.

Cheers. Not sure the game is my cup of tea but if it's still there next time I'm there I'll do that.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    Got it.. Timing couldn't have been better. I wouldn't have even been able to get to/go to Swords any other day, or later today.. :D
    Perfect.. :)

I saw a few Wii U titles for less than €20, but didn't have time to check them all to see if any were worth it.

I just remembered Watch Dogs for the Wii U was €75 in Gamestop. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement