Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    I just remembered Watch Dogs for the Wii U was €75 in Gamestop. :eek:

Its not worth the low price Argos are shiftng it for, never mind full price.
    If Argos drop it below 30 I'll buy it, if only because I sold on my PS4 copy.
    It feels like a murky GTA clone tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cheers. Not sure the game is my cup of tea but if it's still there next time I'm there I'll do that.

If you do pick it up and don't fancy it I'll definitely take it off your hands for price paid + postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Pokemon Y is currently £18.70 on Amazon

Even accounting for the currently atrocious exchange rate that's a pretty good price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B7JT5H2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1ZRT6V6EXXG6KHSXVH7M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

X is still full price but Yveltal is much better than Xerneas anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

bkrangle wrote: »
    Pokemon Y is currently £18.70 on Amazon

Even accounting for the currently atrocious exchange rate that's a pretty good price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B7JT5H2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1ZRT6V6EXXG6KHSXVH7M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

X is still full price but Yveltal is much better than Xerneas anyway!

I think they're price-matching tesco-direct, saw it there yesterday while looking for OOT for the same price.

If they run out and you have parcel motel, it's an alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Added Pokemon to my basket there and realized the GBP is now worth 1.47 Euro.

Worrying stuff. How high will it go? These bargains are looking less and less each week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Not sure if it's every HMV but the one in the Crescent Limerick have alot of decent 3DS games for 20 euro. NSMB2, Pokemon Y, Mario Party, MK7 among others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Not sure if it's every HMV but the one in the Crescent Limerick have alot of decent 3DS games for 20 euro. NSMB2, Pokemon Y, Mario Party, MK7 among others.

new or used?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

I was in 2 stores in Dublin yesterday and those games were all 35/37 so it might be store specific

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Added Pokemon to my basket there and realized the GBP is now worth 1.47 Euro.

Worrying stuff. How high will it go? These bargains are looking less and less each week.

I think we need to hire a James Bond villain type, to collapse the UK economy by blowing up the Bovril factory or something, plunging the country into an economic disaster and making imports from Amazon and Game cheap once again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think we need to hire a James Bond villain type, to collapse the UK economy by blowing up the Bovril factory or something, plunging the country into an economic disaster and making imports from Amazon and Game cheap once again!

*Insert picture of David Cameron or Boris Johnson* ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Being last on the rota for quantative easing sucks :( especially just as in getting hooked on buying stuff from ebay.co.uk . Time to start buying stuff from mainland eu methinks ! I hope I can learn french while playing bravely default.

Bring back the punt!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Bring back the punt!

UKIP scum!

http://www.eachmall.com/goods-19989-19989.html?sup_sn=G005

Wii U Pro Controller for $10 for the next 15 hours or so.

Eachmall are a Chinese wholesaler type deal, it could take a month to arrive, could be a knock off, etc.
    I've bought from them twice at least, no issues yet.

They take paypal, and if you use any of the other payment methods your credit card company might call you asking if you meant to buy something from China. :p

So's ya know, Outrun 3D is live and awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://www.eachmall.com/goods-19989-19989.html?sup_sn=G005

Wii U Pro Controller for $10 for the next 15 hours or so.

Eachmall are a Chinese wholesaler type deal, it could take a month to arrive, could be a knock off, etc.
    I've bought from them twice at least, no issues yet.

They take paypal, and if you use any of the other payment methods your credit card company might call you asking if you meant to buy something from China. :p

not seeing it there?

sweetie wrote: »
    not seeing it there?

Hm, I just tried my link in incognito, it asks to log in, so you might need an account.
    It's from the page here
    http://www.eachmall.com/scare-buying.html
    but I don't see it now in incognito.

Maybe they ran out, but on my profile it still shows they've got 15 left. Strange.

They're sold out now, but these have them. Seem as legit as the dotcom version.

http://www.eachmall.me/goods-19989-19989.html ?

https://authentic.reviews/eachmall.me
    http://www.scamvoid.com/check/eachmall.me

But they seem to be limiting me to one. Not sure whether or not to use them anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I went in for a look and you're just scratching the surface. They were good deals, but there were even better deals to be had with some digging.

There is a large container near the cash registers with a few hundred unboxed games (360, PS3, Wii, WiiU, a couple of PSP UMDs and some Vita carts) - all between €4 and €10. In the main games section, there is a FULL CABINET (about 7 shelves) filled with boxed titles that were priced from €4 to €20 (all last gen, + Wii U games)

All the games I got were €4 (3DS games were unboxed).

€32 well spent!

For the record, Cooking Mama 4 is for my niece and WWE All Stars is for my nephew :o

uWVHlgq.jpg
    k9Ww0Za.jpg

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I went in for a look and you're just scratching the surface. They were good deals, but there were even better deals to be had with some digging.

There is a large container near the cash registers with a few hundred unboxed games (360, PS3, Wii, WiiU, a couple of PSP UMDs and some Vita carts) - all between €4 and €10. In the main games section, there is a FULL CABINET (about 7 shelves) filled with boxed titles that were priced from €4 to €20 (all last gen, + Wii U games)

Nice!
    I was in Artane HMV/Xtravision this evening. Nothing like that, that I saw. :(

Mr E wrote: »

All the games I got were €4 (3DS games were unboxed).

€32 well spent!

]

Dang,,I didn't see darksiders or Mass Effect. I only picked up Call of Duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nothing left there really when I got there. They had Mario Tennis on the 3DS for a tenner which wasn't bad, not great though.

On a related note, is there anywhere to buy eShop prepaid vouchers via paypal? I can only seem to find US ones, not EU.

chrislad wrote: »
    Nothing left there really when I got there. They had Mario Tennis on the 3DS for a tenner which wasn't bad, not great though.

On a related note, is there anywhere to buy eShop prepaid vouchers via paypal? I can only seem to find US ones, not EU.

http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/eshop-topup-cards

Allyall wrote: »

Thanks, but a nearly 40% mark up? Sheesh!

chrislad wrote: »
    Thanks, but a nearly 40% mark up? Sheesh!

It's sterling Cards, priced in Euro. £15 should be €21.07 according to todays exchange rate :pac:

I think it's because Nintendo seem to think Ireland is in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Need to be careful with changing currency, as changing to sterling you will lose any remaining euro balance, and likewise should you change back.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Need to be careful with changing currency, as changing to sterling you will lose any remaining euro balance, and likewise should you change back.

But with the eshop vouchers *online* - as an Irish person, it's very hard to avoid that...
    Most sites that sell them, that I have visited, seem to regionalise me as UK GBP.

- EDIT

https://www.paypal-gifts.com/de/marken/nintendo-eshop-cards.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Not a massive bargain but Gamestop in Blanch had a couple of copies of Pikimin 3 for €39.99, cheaper than what I saw on Amazon lately, and not exactly the easiest game to get these days.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    It's sterling Cards, priced in Euro. £15 should be €21.07 according to todays exchange rate :pac:

I think it's because Nintendo seem to think Ireland is in the UK.

That cd keys site actually sold game codes too, so it worked out cheaper to buy it that way, as I wanted to pick up Smash Bros. 45 on the eShop, 42 on that site, so all worked out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement