Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Wii U 8GB with Super Smash Bros - €180 with Free Shipping

Alza Shop are based in the Czech Republic, so no fear of any extra charges. They seem to be pretty reliable, have a decent reputation, and this offer is selling quite well throughout Europe.
    Also, they allow payments via Paypal for anybody that is a bit sceptical about purchasing from a site they might not have heard of before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Allyall wrote: »
    Wii U 8GB with Super Smash Bros - €180 with Free Shipping

Alza Shop are based in the Czech Republic, so no fear of any extra charges. They seem to be pretty reliable, have a decent reputation, and this offer is selling quite well throughout Europe.
    Also, they allow payments via Paypal for anybody that is a bit sceptical about purchasing from a site they might not have heard of before.

That site also calls the 2DS, the 2d's :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

gubbie wrote: »

Might be a local thing, keeping in mind English isn't their first language, it's Czech, might have typed it phonetically in error.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

What's the cheapest place to get Tropical Freeze? Can't find it aynwhere for less than 50 euro. Damn Nintendo games always holding their value. Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    What's the cheapest place to get Tropical Freeze? Can't find it aynwhere for less than 50 euro. Damn Nintendo games always holding their value. Thanks.

Cheapest is probably ie.webuy.com (CEX) at €38 but they're out of stock. Argos have it in stock in most places for €45.99, link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Argos have a Wii U starter kit for €5

The part of this that's useful for me is the case for the gamepad which will hopefully stop it from getting damaged........always handy to have a spare stylus too I guess

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=1946149&authToken=

Pre-Order Splatoon from Gameseek for ~€34.47

(I was more excited that the release date is in 56 days...:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Wii U Premium Bundle With Mario + Luigi Bros. Plus 2 free games - Mass Effect 3 & FIFA 13. €275 at Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1433418/Trail/searchtext>WII+U+MARIO.htm

Nintendo Wii U Premium Bundle With Mario Kart 8. Plus 2 free games - Mass Effect 3 & FIFA 13. €275 at Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2452687/Trail/searchtext>WII+U+MARIO.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Wii U Premium Bundle With Mario + Luigi Bros. Plus 2 free games - Mass Effect 3 & FIFA 13. €275 at Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1433418/Trail/searchtext>WII+U+MARIO.htm

Nintendo Wii U Premium Bundle With Mario Kart 8. Plus 2 free games - Mass Effect 3 & FIFA 13. €275 at Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2452687/Trail/searchtext>WII+U+MARIO.htm

Only until the 26th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Not a bad price, Mario Party 10 on Wii U and a amiibo for €46.99 in Argos. It's €60 in Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Argos also have Mario Party 10 on its own for €38.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

SanDisk Cruzer Fit 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive for 25.99 in Argos (reduced from 44.99)

Perfect size for the Wii U, and very discrete (you can just leave it plugged in). Not massive amounts of stock - lots of single units around the country

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3589573

71-3589573SPA83UC17666944M.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the best deal on the New 3DS XL? I'm trying, but failing to convince myself not to buy one.

What's the best deal on the New 3DS XL? I'm trying, but failing to convince myself not to buy one.

€229 for the Majora's mask edition from Amazon.de Vat and shipping (shipping €8.46) bring it up to €246.18

or €234 for the metallic black version from Amazon UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€235 in Argos with two free games, games are all crappy though, best option is get two free Prof Layton 3D and trade them into CeX for €12 cash for both making the New 3DS XL €223 in total. If you buy tomorrow you also get a free €10 voucher for spending over €100, use it to buy an official charger for your New 3DS XL. :)

Amongst all of the others:

I'd like to get this
    Paper Monsters Recut (Mobot Studios) Wii U (Download) Nintendo eShop from 26/03/2015 €3.29 / £2.79 until 09.04.2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €6.49 / £5.49.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZK3CxgzFpI

Mr E wrote: »
    SanDisk Cruzer Fit 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive for 25.99 in Argos (reduced from 44.99)

Perfect size for the Wii U, and very discrete (you can just leave it plugged in). Not massive amounts of stock - lots of single units around the country

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3589573

71-3589573SPA83UC17666944M.jpg

Now they are also available on mymemory.ie for anyone that is/was unable to get one in Argos.

64GB version - €27.65
    32GB version - €13.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Are the ports on the Wii U USB 3.0?

Are the ports on the Wii U USB 3.0?

No all 4 ports are USB 2.0.

That's why you need a Y cable when using a self powered USB external hard drive. You can still use USB 3.0 devices, they'll just be limited by the Wii U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Think its been posted before but Mariokart 7 code for 18 quid with the Facebook discount. Also NSMB2 for 21ish

http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/3ds-games?dir=asc&order=price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

http://www.shopto.net/3ds-2ds-ds/3ds/3DSKI02-kingdom-hearts-3ds-dream-drop-distance

Kingdom hearts for the 3ds. Seems to be going for £20+ on ebay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Few good deals in Gamestop of all places. Several titles - including Luigi's Mansion and Captain Toad - down to 30 euro. Beat the Beat is going for a mere two quid. All Stephen's Green branch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Few good deals in Gamestop of all places. Several titles - including Luigi's Mansion and Captain Toad - down to 30 euro. Beat the Beat is going for a mere two quid. All Stephen's Green branch.

I got Pikmin 3 for 30 in Ennis gamestop today and Tank!Tank!Tank! for a tenner.

Not a bad price for the two of those.

I came across this by accident and robbed it from unscatter, it wasn't very clear to me what was meant by the final statement "Mario VS Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars is available on other media"... :confused: - Is there a physical vesion available now?
    Starting next Thursday, and every week, some games will be discounted up to 60% on online store of Nintendo consoles!

Wii U:
    99 Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - € 1.49 (until April 16, instead of € 2.49)
    Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - € 1.49 (until April 16, instead of € 1.99)
    Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games) - € 4.99 (until April 16, instead of € 5.99)
    Fit Music for Wii U (O2 Games) - € 14.90 (until April 16, instead of € 29.90)
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 Games) - € 14.90 (until April 16, instead of € 29.90)
    Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games) - € 1.99 (until April 2, instead of € 2.99)
    Cocoto Magic Circus 2 (Bigben Interactive) - € 19.99 (Permanent instead of € 29.99)

3DS:
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 Games) - € 14.90 (until April 16, instead of € 29.90)
    Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games) - € 1.99 (until April 2, instead of € 2.99)
    AeternoBlade (Corecell) - € 5.99 (until April 9, instead of € 14.99)
    Glory of Generals (CIRCLE Ent.) - € 6.99 (until April 9, instead of € 9.99)
    Quell Reflect (CIRCLE Ent.) - € 2.99 (until April 9, instead of € 3.99)
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - € 4.99 (until April 9, instead of € 7.00)
    Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid) - € 4.49 (until April 2, instead of € 8.99)
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland (Akaoni Studio) - € 4.99 (until April 9, instead of € 7.00)
    Mindfeud (Engine Software) - € 1.99 (Permanent instead of € 4.99)

Also note the "promotion" of the new game Mario VS Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars who once bought the Wii U or 3DS (€ 19.99), is available on other media! Practical for families

It seems to be a different list than this one - http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/nintendo_download_26th_march_europe
    I still don't have my Wii U yet, so I can't check. But some say they expire on the 2nd... Which is when I understood it to start..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think they mean if you buy it for the 3DS, you get the Wii U version for free (and vice versa).

It's not really a physical copy. It's a box that contains download codes for both versions as opposed to just buying it on the eShop.
    500px-Mario-dk-tipping-stars-boxart-eu-wii-u.jpg

Mr E wrote: »
    I think they mean if you buy it for the 3DS, you get the Wii U version for free (and vice versa).

Aaahhh...

I should've copped that. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Gamestop seemed to have a few Wii-U and 3DS titles at reduced prices, €28.99. Can't remember which ones now except for that Etrian Odyssey IV, normally €45. Not sure it that constitutes a bargain though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Gamestop seemed to have a few Wii-U and 3DS titles at reduced prices, €28.99. Can't remember which ones now except for that Etrian Odyssey IV, normally €45. Not sure it that constitutes a bargain though.

The two Etrian Odyssey 3DS games never dropped in price so that's pretty good considering how expensive the exchange rate is making buying games off UK sites right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement