Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Running Gear 7th of March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Nice one, more shorts and socks it is. And an early start. Each passing offer gets more and more popular. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

deadly more socks for me. :)

Might get the heart rate monitor too - are they any good or would I be better splashing out to get a recognised brand??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Tom Joad wrote: »
    deadly more socks for me. :)

Might get the heart rate monitor too - are they any good or would I be better splashing out to get a recognised brand??

You can't download the data to a computer or anything but its pretty reliable and accurate enough for HR zone training....have had crivit one for bout 2 years

Gringo78 wrote: »
    You can't download the data to a computer or anything but its pretty reliable and accurate enough for HR zone training....have had crivit one for bout 2 years

Excellent - will purchase so!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

great value.

has anyone got the armband before ? is it iphone size or ipod size ??? looks iphone size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

scriba wrote: »
    Nice one, more shorts and socks it is. And an early start. Each passing offer gets more and more popular. :eek:

Oh dear. How quickly does the stuff tend to go? Theoretically, I could get to a LIDL before work on Thursday, but if it'll still be there at lunchtime or after work, that'd suit me better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

vitani wrote: »
    Oh dear. How quickly does the stuff tend to go? Theoretically, I could get to a LIDL before work on Thursday, but if it'll still be there at lunchtime or after work, that'd suit me better.

Hard to know. Someone here described the first 15 minutes in his local LIDL as being like a pack of rabid dogs descending on prey.

A lot of the popular sizes will be gone by evening in a lot of branches.

huskerdu wrote: »
    Hard to know. Someone here described the first 15 minutes in his local LIDL as being like a pack of rabid dogs descending on prey.

A lot of the popular sizes will be gone by evening in a lot of branches.

Feckity feck. Early start it is, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

The compression stuff usually seems to sell out first, you'll get some of the other stuff later in the day at quieter branches. Get there early if you're a size Medium.

• Advertisement

hardCopy wrote: »
    Get there early if you're a size Medium.

And be prepared to use your 'racing elbows' for position. :D

It depends on the store, but over the last year or so, these have gotten more popular, probably because they're better advertised than they used to be. Definitely get there in the morning though. Last time I went to LIDL for gear (it was in Cork), I was there just about 10 mins before the shop opened, and a queue formed behind me. All for running gear. :eek:

This is one of those 'rites of passage', isn't it...?

:D

Cycling gear on Monday too folks!

This is one of those 'rites of passage', isn't it...?

:D

Yup, crowds, getting up early... running Stockholm Syndrome, level two.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Excellent - will purchase so!!

I had a lidl one about 5 years ago (still works) and it was compatible with anything that uses polar HRM's - in the gym/turbos etc which was fairly handy.

I had a lidl one about 5 years ago (still works) and it was compatible with anything that uses polar HRM's - in the gym/turbos etc which was fairly handy.

That's good to know - thanks, will definitely get down to Lidl early Thursday..

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

Has anybody ever bought their running shoes and if so how did they find them? I'll stick to Asics, but I'm just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

PippaChic wrote: »
    Has anybody ever bought their running shoes and if so how did they find them? I'll stick to Asics, but I'm just curious!

I bought a pair once, though that was a few years ago. Felt like running on a piece of cardboard, really uncomfortable. I chucked them out after 150 miles, but because they were so cheap that was still one of the cheapest pairs per mile I've ever had.

As I said that was quite some time ago and they might have changed, but I'll stick to proper shoes, especially since I can get my favourite shoes for no more than €40 online these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Can I ask which of the Lidl socks people are raving about? The regular ones or the compression ones? There's only so many 1000 mils socks I can afford to buy so cheap, but good, ones would be welcome!

I bought a pair once, though that was a few years ago. Felt like running on a piece of cardboard, really uncomfortable. I chucked them out after 150 miles, but because they were so cheap that was still one of the cheapest pairs per mile I've ever had.

As I said that was quite some time ago and they might have changed, but I'll stick to proper shoes, especially since I can get my favourite shoes for no more than €40 online these days.

Where are you getting the runners for €40? Even online I can't seem to find mine for under €100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

hardCopy wrote: »
    Where are you getting the runners for €40? Even online I can't seem to find mine for under €100

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/BRO551/brooks-green-silence-racing-running-shoes/

Aha, it appears I just have expensive tastes, even on there the Ravennas are €121.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

How long are you waiting for your runners to be delivered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

cosmic wrote: »
    Can I ask which of the Lidl socks people are raving about? The regular ones or the compression ones? There's only so many 1000 mils socks I can afford to buy so cheap, but good, ones would be welcome!

The only ones I've ever bought in lidl ate the regular ones, i've never seen compression socks in there before.

Finnt wrote: »
    The only ones I've ever bought in lidl ate the regular ones, i've never seen compression socks in there before.

Yep its the regular ones I've got too and found great - never got compression socks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Just out of lidl loads of stock there medium stuff was getting scarce tho,
    Loads of L and XL stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

went in at 8 for a supply of socks. apart from the snotty cow who decided to ignore the fact that there was a queue and jsut walk right past it, it was very civil. very surprised at the small number of socks at lidl castletroy limerick though, there were only about 10 pairs of each size for the normal socks, seemed to be more of the compression type

got what i needed anyway, everyone seemed to go straight for the clothes, i have a couple of aldi/lidl tops and shorts and not uber impressed so bypassed those and was first to the socks, so had my pick.

it's possible given the low numbers they had more in the back and were putting more out during the day to feed demand, can;t imagine that was all they had

Picked up a few pairs of socks and shorts, so that I can go back to one gear wash per week, and a heart monitor to see if I'll actually use one. Still using some of the crivit stuff I bought last year, so it's lasting well. It can be hit and miss though.

In and out by 8.15 this morning. Wasn't quite at the level of rabid dogs, but there were quite a few people waiting outside before the store opened. Good selection of sizes, but didn't seem to be too much in each size, so I'm glad I was there early.

Picked up 2 hoodys, one tshirt, a pair each of the capris and shorts and two pairs of socks. Oh, and an armband. All for under €50 so I'm happy.

I'm hoping the sizes printed on the packets are accurate, or else I'll have to do a bit more running before wearing them.

• Advertisement

Didn't get in till 9:15 and most of the tops and shorts were gone- socks had limited size availability but got two pairs - also picked up a heart rate monitor (might even start using it :))

Advertisement