Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Running Gear 7th of March

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Managed to get one pair of shorts and a few pairs of socks, all I was looking for really. Got run trousers and socks for herself as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Got in to Rathmines at 8.45 and there was a bit of a scuffle alright. Couldn't find any medium shorts. Bought the compression socks, the leggings, and sunglasses as back ups to my normal gear. The stuff looks like garbage though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

statss wrote: »
    Got in to Rathmines at 8.45 and there was a bit of a scuffle alright. Couldn't find any medium shorts. Bought the compression socks, the leggings, and sunglasses as back ups to my normal gear. The stuff looks like garbage though.

Have to say that (apart from the shorts I got last year which were terrible) I find that the lidl esp crivit gear lasts as long if not longer than some of the more expensive brands - socks especially are very good. Still not sure I would risk buying the runners though.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Have to say that (apart from the shorts I got last year which were terrible) I find that the lidl esp crivit gear lasts as long if not longer than some of the more expensive brands - socks especially are very good. Still not sure I would risk buying the runners though.

yea, can never have enough running socks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

4 tills open in the Kanturk store at lunchtime :eek::eek::eek:
    There seemed to be a lot of the socks left, both the compression type and the colourful ones. didn't see any ankle type ones (don't think they had them this time) and not a fan of longer socks so only grabbed a pair of sunnies.
    Lots or tops and trousers/shorts left but even that late there was still a bit of a feeding frenzy, I didn't actually need anything so I didn't hang about.
    From past experiences it looks like they did a restock, as normally the stuff is gone early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

Was down at the local Lidl for 8am sharp. Noticed the car park full but no one in the shop and thought it was people using the parking to go up the town. Walked in and it was like a ghost town. Then I got to near the running gear and it was like a royal rumble! Was Gas!

Something about seeing people grabbing at stuff that makes you just grab at things you dont need just incase it is gone! Ended up putting half the stuff back!

Stocked up on socks (slightly disapointed they didnt have the ankle socks but the colour ones look funky!) A compression top, Shorts and a HRM! Not bad for under 50 bills!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I'm not a fan of the socks. I only bought one pair and they are nearly like football socks (and I didn't buy the compression ones). Bought a pair of shorts and a top also.

Why don't they simply get more stock in?

Maybe they did get more in this time and it still sold out??

BenMicheal wrote: »
    Maybe they did get more in this time and it still sold out??

Ha. Maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Apart from that get more of the Small & Medium sized and less XL.

Was in town today, Moore St at lunchtime and I could see there had been a frenzy.

Was in Bray store this evening (Two Lidl's in one day....sad!) and they had more stock but lots of XL sizes.

Either way I got 2 t-shirts, one compression shirt, 1 running trousers, 1 compression shorts, socks,sunglasses (for our great summers!)and phone holder for around €40. Bargain.

Think the Crivit stuff is great, especially the t-shirts, got plenty last year and they are great.
    Socks are brilliant too

Only thing I won't buy are the runners as I think it's important to get a good pair hat suit your gait as that affects not only your feet but impact on whole body.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Didn't get in till 9:15 and most of the tops and shorts were gone- socks had limited size availability but got two pairs - also picked up a heart rate monitor (might even start using it :))

Have you tried the heart rate monitor? Struggling to get it to sync with the watch??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

BenMicheal wrote: »
    Have you tried the heart rate monitor? Struggling to get it to sync with the watch??

Haven't taken it out of the box yet - am due to run tomorrow so will probably try to set it up tonight - will report back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

There was a load of sh1t stuff left in the Wicklow Town store last night

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Didn't get into Lidl in Moore st. till late last night. Only large sizes left but don't think I missed anything . Quality was very poor compared to stuff I've got there previously. Quality of Aldi gear few month's back was far superior. Will hold out for their next offering.
    I wouldn't consider those great running socks - am I missing something? Seemed closer to general sports socks and far too much cotton content....

I've tried out the socks last night, they were pretty heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

I got a pair of compression shorts there a couple of years ago and they were/still are brilliant. Have never found a pair as comfortable since. So I have wear them sparringly, i.e races and long runs.
    The quality of the mens shorts and trousers yesterday was poor.

I bought a pair of the womens shorts for my wife, who doesnt now want them. It put them on and they are perfect, just the same as my old pair.

So that might be an option for cross dressing males out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

Not impressed with the socks at all, like old football socks, terrible, I'm sure they weren't always like that or maybe all my previous ones were got in aldi.

Are lidl socks always like this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Socks are fairly thick, I think I'll use them for walking/hiking instead. I've bought ankle running socks in Lidl and Aldi before that I'm still using, they're great.

Took the HRM out for a test yesterday, I was fairly pleased with it. Picked up some gel in boots to use on the monitor itself, and did 8 miles or so at easy/recovery pace. Worked fine, not a waste of €20 thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

This was my first LIDL running gear shop since 2009 (before I moved to Canada), and I'm still using the shorts, tights, socks and jacket I got from LIDL and ALDI back then. Theyve been through some amount of abuse in hot and cold weather, ultras and marathons and stack up well against the major brands.

There was a frenzy at my local LIDL too - unbelievable. The people in there looked like they had never gone running though, which is quite amusing!

I was disappointed to see the mens shorts didnt have the inbuilt banana hammock, which will no doubt make for a bouncy run. I discovered this when I got home and had purchased 2 pairs, but I also got compression shorts which will fulfil this hammock function, also got some socks, compression socks and compression top too. Meant to get gloves but forgot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Killerz wrote: »
    There was a frenzy at my local LIDL too - unbelievable. The people in there looked like they had never gone running though, which is quite amusing!

Was the same when I went in! I wonder how much of this gear never makes it out of the packaging?

Was chatting with a mate about the running gear in lidl. Surely there's a eBay seller or some other online shop selling decent unbranded gear like the lidl/aldi stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Finnt wrote: »
    Was the same when I went in! I wonder how much of this gear never makes it out of the packaging?

Was chatting with a mate about the running gear in lidl. Surely there's a eBay seller or some other online shop selling decent unbranded gear like the lidl/aldi stuff?

Interesting point....do the likes of 'crivit' or whatever theyre called sell directly online....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

How long are you waiting for your runners to be delivered?

If it helps I discovered http://www.sportsshoes.com recently. Decent prices, ordered on a sunday and delivered on the wednesday. No complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

as well as the shirts and the shorts i got the insoles.... and found them very confortable so far, did a 14 mile mountain run with them on sunday.

gave the leggings a whirl this evening, great yokes all together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Haven't tried my capris yet - damn snow - but the hoodys and socks were a good buy. Wish I'd bought more of the socks now, actually. The only thing I don't like is my bright orange 'performance top'. Material feels very staticky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I found the hrm inaccurate - for a 25 min cycle to work it said 250kcal, the readings where high. Would a gel make it more accurate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

They still have a good bit of running gear left in Cork St, both mens and ladies. They also have the insoles.

I found the socks heavy enough, but I'll use them for shorter runs. I'll stick to the 1000 mile for bigger runs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement