Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Mornings comes to Dublin

• 01-03-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Some of you may be interested in knowing that Creative Mornings is officially getting a Dublin Chapter :) The application has been approved.

Has anyone attended one of the other chapters?

Any suggestions on who you'd like to see give a talk?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭jmcc

Mornings? Isn't that like the middle of the night/sleep cycle for any self-respecting techie? :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

jmcc wrote: »
    Mornings? Isn't that like the middle of the night/sleep cycle for any self-respecting techie? :)

Regards...jmcc

Funnily enough, there was talk of eventually moving it to the evening :pac:

It's aimed at non techies too though.

FYI: If anyone knows anyone interested in sponsoring, be they a small coffee house or large franchise etc, please do let me know.

Even if you think they wouldn't be interested in sponsoring, please share the contact anyway, I can be pretty persuasive :) (in a friendly way)

Broadsheet piece: http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/05/28/is-8-30am-too-early/

And there's 12 tickets left if any are interested ;)

It's this Friday: http://creativemorningsdublin.eventbrite.ie/#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Don't think I can make it but hope it goes well. Glad to see something like this happening - OpenCoffee seemed to die off on us.

• Advertisement

Trojan wrote: »
    Don't think I can make it but hope it goes well. Glad to see something like this happening - OpenCoffee seemed to die off on us.

Really?

I was only discussing OpenCoffee with a friend (Ruairi, if it rings a bell) and saying I must get down to it.

I'm an awful man for getting up on time for stuff on in the mornings though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭_ciaran_

Will there be free coffee? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Sounds like it will.

Unlike some of the "Open Coffee's" I've attended, which weren't open, and didn't have coffee*!

* Apparently there was a small window of opportunity for coffees before the kick off of formal proceedings, which I missed, but I'm right narky if I don't get my morning pint of coffee in.

_ciaran_ wrote: »
    Will there be free coffee? :P

Ha yes!

Free coffee, tea and muffins (or scones...or something else along those lines).

Edit: It's also now sold out. 90 tickets in less than 24 hours. Not bad!

First event was a fantastic success! Excellent turnout, everything went smoothly. Cakes were delicious. Speaker was great. It's going to be hard to top next month.

Thanks to all who came, and for those that couldn't make it I hope to see you next time :)

Was up at half 5 which is about 5 hours earlier than I'm normally up, so I'm absolutely wired on coffee :pac:

Pics & speaker vid on the way!

• Advertisement

More shameless plugging.

This Friday's theme is food.

Andrew Rudd is going to talk us through how Dublin has pulled its creative culinary socks up in the last 20 years.

Register here: http://creativemorningsdublin2.eventbrite.ie/#

Also, check out the cool poster our intern Grace did for us:

BNne430CQAUfemn.jpg

Advertisement