Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manliness, Sometime BC - 2013, RIP

• 01-03-2013 5:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭

I'm amazed how manliness has disintegrated over the past few decades.

Since when has the likes of Timothy Dalton etc. become less attractive than the pre-pubescent pube-less One Erection?

Now im not blaming women but...... :D

I'm glad Nikola Tesla is dead and doesn't have to witness the ******ry of 20 something males fannying around in A+F gear.

RIP Manliness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sean Connery is a bit a cunt to be fair. not sure advocating slapping your wife is what passes for manliness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm amazed how manliness has disintegrated over the past few decades.

Since when has the likes of Timothy Dalton, Sean Connery etc. become less attractive than the pre-pubescent pube-less One Erection?

Now im not blaming women but...... :D

I'm glad Nikola Tesla is dead and doesn't have to witness the ******ry of 20 something males fannying around in A+F gear.

RIP Manliness

Since when was James Bond manly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

eviltwin wrote: »
    Since when was James Bond manly?

He can ride rings around him

Your argument is invalid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

....just as a matter of interest.... what the fuck has tesla to do with it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Sean Connery the actor was around in A.D not B.C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Donnie Osmond coexisted with Sean Connery.

One Direction coexist with Daniel Craig.

Nodin wrote: »

A real man

Donnie Osmond coexisted with Sean Connery.

One Direction coexist with Daniel Craig.

At least Osmonds balls had dropped at the stage he was entertaining

A real man

That stuff will kill ye if ye over do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

You're referring to the same guy who let Edison steal his creations and successfully and falsly mock his alternating current while doing nothing about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

At least Osmonds balls had dropped at the stage he was entertaining

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Was going to show off being super manly but I left my bootleg jeans and timberland boots behind me. Damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fear not. Nick Offerman exists. We'll be fine.

You dont get teeth like that without having performed oral sex on dozens of milfs

Drakares wrote: »
    You're referring to the same guy who let Edison steal his creations and successfully and falsly mock his alternating current while doing nothing about it?

He is still a hero

Edison would probably be wearing A+F gear if he were around today, and refer to rugby players by colloquial name BOD and other D4 arsholed-ness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The way alot of young guys dress these days is a joke :pac:

Hair straightened, skinny jeans, a tshirt that looks like its made for a girl (lol) and you actually get some who do be throwing 'shapes' whilst walking. Trying to look hard.

You feel like saying to them "It took you two hours to get ready this morning!! and your gonna kick someone ass?" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

It's cos of metrosexuality. It's everywhere. Just walk into House of Fraser and see the men's cosmetic counters downstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

In fairness, nobody likes a hairy arse!

Hair straightened, skinny jeans, a tshirt that looks like its made for a girl (lol) and you actually get some who do be throwing 'shapes' whilst walking. Trying to look hard.

You feel like saying to them "It took you two hours to get ready this morning!! and your gonna kick someone ass?" :pac:

You pity the fools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

smash wrote: »

Speak for yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I have a penis

....theres nothin wrong with a good hairy backside, a pair of y-fronts and a good belly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

OP I agree. We should start some sort of "Man-a-thon" in order to return manliness to it's once prolific former glory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Timmyctc wrote: »
    OP I agree. We should start some sort of "Man-a-thon" in order to return manliness to it's once prolific former glory.

For some reason the1st thing that popped into my head was the King of the Town in Hardy Bucks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You know that 'in look' with girls at the moment where they wear super short shorts and tights?

I heard someone mention recent that they saw a guy dressed like that in town.

I have no words.

We should start some sort of "Man-a-thon"

Yep... totally doesn't sound homoerotic at all! :D

....theres nothin wrong with a good hairy backside, a pair of y-fronts and a good belly.

Muscles are manly, not beer bellies :P

I prefer having hair to being hairless. It's a turn off riding a completely hairless guy. Hair is masculine and hot.

I despise the metrosexual look and it makes shopping hard when 80% of things in topman make you look like a hipster or impossible to get passed your thighs.

Manliness isn't dressing in worn bootcut jeans while balding in a pub building up a gut tho -As much as I love the pub

Lads seem to go the total opposite of the metrosexual look thinking they're better for it but somewhere in the middle where it's normal is where it's at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tesla was awesome, that is all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

1ZRed wrote: »
    Muscles are manly, not beer bellies :P

I prefer having hair to being hairless and despise the metrosexual look. Makes shopping hard when 80% of things in topman make you look like a hipster or impossible to get passed your thighs.

Manliness isn't dressing in worn bootcut jeans while balding in a pub building up a gut -As much as I love the pub

Real men don't go shopping.

• Advertisement

Yep... totally doesn't sound homoerotic at all! :D

Well let me put this to you. What is manlier than a group of big strong men. In other men's company, Manning it up man style? If that's gay then heck. Maybe I'm gay too.

Well let me put this to you. What is manlier than a group of big strong men. In other men's company, Manning it up man style? If that's gay then heck. Maybe I'm gay too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

#SkinnyJeans4Lyf

#SkinnyJeans4Lyf

Banned

Slim fit only :p

Banned

Slim fit only :p

Slim fit are great. They accentuate the manliness. Skinny jeans cut off circulation to the junk and then eventually it shrivels up and falls off.

#SkinnyJeans4Lyf
    Do you wear those shirts with the tiny collars buttoned all the way to the top?

I really hate those!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, because it's never been fashionable for men to dress flamboyantly and meticulously groom themselves.

It's funny that the word "gallant" which is used in a modern context to refer to someone who is the epitome of manliness, but originally described men who had more in common with One Direction rather than Bruce Willis.

Do you wear those shirts with the tiny collars buttoned all the way to the top?

I really hate those!

No, have you seen the deep scoop neck ones that some lads wear?

You'd nearly want to tell them to put them away. It's too much cleavage!

Go onto the topman site and look at all the shíte on it. I find it hilarious that some people think some of that stuff looks good

Go onto the topman site

God no. I'm not 15, so I don't shop in Topman. Or Jack and Jones for that matter.

God no. I'm not 15, so I don't shop in Topman. Or Jack and Jones for that matter.

I go to Jack and Jones. But only to look at the fine women who work there. I like my women objectified and attempting to sell me metrosexual clothes. - Manliness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭The Barefoot Pizza Thief

Hey! Sure Tesla had long hair and wore skinny jeans!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

seamus wrote: »
    Yes, because it's never been fashionable for men to dress flamboyantly and meticulously groom themselves.

It's funny that the word "gallant" which is used in a modern context to refer to someone who is the epitome of manliness, but originally described men who had more in common with One Direction rather than Bruce Willis.

These modern guys with their skinny jeans and cleavage showing tops make classic dandies look like manly men :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Drink of choice: WD40

Drink of choice: WD40
    Can I interest you in some sex panther cologne?

Yes Please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

No I prefer the sweet must of Blackbeard's Delight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Ever see those guys with skinny or slim jeans and how fúcking skinny their legs are? Its like, a childs legs. Its pretty disgusting seeing those little twigs or just even imagining how they can comfortably fit their balls in there.

Master of the Universe

Ever see those guys with skinny or slim jeans and how fúcking skinny their legs are? Its like, a childs legs. Its pretty disgusting seeing those little twigs or just even imagining how they can comfortably fit their balls in there.

The issue may sort itself out in a couple of generations.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/247826.php

Slim jeans don't do that. They're just straight down with no extra material that bootcut jeans have.

Skinny and "spray on skinny" (fuk me if that's the new thing) makes you look like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Men's skinny jeans are loose around the crotch. Punks were wearing skinny jeans 35 years ago. I remember reading an interview with someone from one of the '77 punk bands going on about peoples attitudes to them wearing ear rings and skinny jeans. It was along the lines of " *dumb bloke voice* is it a fella or a girl? I can't tell these days haw haw haw". Nice to see the spirit of that dumb bloke lives on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Slim jeans don't do that. They're just straight down with no extra material that bootcut jeans have.

Skinny and "spray on skinny" (fuk me if that's the new thing) makes you look like that.

flare>bootcut>straight>slim>skinny

I think stretch skinny is even tighter than skinny but I'm not sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement