Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London - Gatwick Airport and running

Options
  • 01-03-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if there are any interesting running routes around Gatwick? Staying in Holiday Inn. Expect to be somewhat bored

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

If you can find the old railway lines that have been converted to green roads / bridle paths they are a lovely run.

I've sent you a link of a route I made up as I went along. I asked in the gym for recommendations and the guy there gave me a few pointers.

Think you're in the same place I stayed last year, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

if have used Garmin connect, and in the explorer tab, enter the place I am staying, and if available list any routes folk have ran\cycled in the past, helped me pick a run or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

If you have the time it's a short taxi ride to Mickleham just outside Dorking - endless running on Box Hill and the downs over there. Box Hill is also where the Olympic Road Race climbs took place. You can start / finish at the Burford Bridge hotel.

Advertisement