Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To anyone ordering UPC

• 01-03-2013 8:17pm
    Site Banned Posts: 253 ✭✭

So was placing an order with UPC today for phone and broadband for there 50MB service and were charging me

set up fee 90 euro,
    cabling 65 euro
    50 MB broadband + phone 45 euro

Decided to go on chat and haggle a bit and got this:

set up fee 45 euro
    cabling free
    First six months of broadband + phone 25 euro

Verry happy :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't you set it up yourself for free? Remember when I got it in, that's what happened.

• Site Banned Posts: 253 ✭✭theidiots

I have no box on the wall or anything, they have to wire the hole thing up from the street

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Peadar_85

Can't you set it up yourself for free? Remember when I got it in, that's what happened.

I queried the once off fee with one of the reps and it covers the network set up as well as cover for the equipment should it become faulty or require a service call. AFAIK you still set it up yourself if the ports etc are already installed in your property

Advertisement