Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro: Last Light

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

think I just realised my problem.
    I got the ranger hardcore pack free so that includes the ak74 su and I downloaded the rpk.

When I did my Gunslinger run through I did it in normal mode so I didn't have access to the SU, which means I have to start a new game and play through it again... for a 4th time :-/

wish you didnt lose progress everytime you start a new game...

You might have to play to the very end. I thought it had counted for me with the minigun at the end of the game, but it turns out that it isn't any kill that counts. I started the game again, and made sure to use them all as I played, but it unlocked at the very end... From the thing I linked last time.
    Minigun: Don't think it is ever named. Very last gun, found at the very last mission . Hard to miss it. You need to kill a regular enemy with this, so pick it up immediately. The shield using enemies and heavies will not count. (Thanks, Marine1Ten @ Brutopian)

yeah I was expecting it to pop when I killed the wave before the shields but didn't,
    even found the four barreled shotgun, so I'm guessing my problem was the AK74 Su annoyingly, yeah I'll have to play right through again... thanks though!

So, the first DLC, the faction pack is out today. I already got the season pass, but the DLC is showing up as 400 points. Anyone else having this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oh forgot the DLC, was literally just putting together an ad for adverts to move it on but sure I might as well hang on to it, the dlc is very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I finally got it the other day. Playing in short burst.

One thing first, it looks fantastic. It is first game that made go to Graphic settings and fiddle around a bit since I got 680. I got used to put everything on max and pew pew pew. Not anymore :(.
    I am playing with russian voice overs. thing is I can speak fluent russian myself so I got a luxury of playing it in original voice. I have to say English translation is very choped down to basics ( I can read it in subtitles ) and a lot of the "sayings" are very unique to russian language and culture.
    I really like almost everything about this game so far, but I got a huge Issue with Stealth. Its way damn too easy. Looks like enemies react only at Light/Dark. I was just passing by few centimetres from enemies and they could not care less as long as there were no bright light. So as long as you stand at least in remote shadow - you invisible. The other issue is that they dont react in to shot bulbs at all. As long as I got bullets, I can just go pew pew pew walky walky walky... I play on hard and I am just swiming in bullets already due to abusing stealth.

Okay, I am not far in at all, so it might be harder later.

anyone play any of the dlc yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭Glebee

Any of the DLC worth pick up for this while in on steam sale???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

The DLC is pretty cheap on Gamefly at the moment so I might get it. Apparently there numerous single player missions that are good but short and one longer free roaming Stalker type mission.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed it until about 80% through and they whole thing got sort of messed up story wise. Neary finished now and not sure if I can be arsed to actually complete. Visually its a beatuiful game at times but Im not sure about this ending??? Defo not interested in any DLC after the last hour of gameplay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Glebee wrote: »
    Enjoyed it until about 80% through and they whole thing got sort of messed up story wise. Neary finished now and not sure if I can be arsed to actually complete. Visually its a beatuiful game at times but Im not sure about this ending??? Defo not interested in any DLC after the last hour of gameplay.

Is it a tough game? I wish I'd gotten it off steam when It was a tenner,Although I haven't finished 2033 yet.

Is it a tough game? I wish I'd gotten it off steam when It was a tenner,Although I haven't finished 2033 yet.

Not tough as such, its just the story line goes all crazy I feel.

Reminds me of Crysis. All going lovely and then the aliens arrive into the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i was kinda bored by last light. i forget why exactly i didnt like it, it was very similar to 2033 but.. dunno.. lacking a little bit of magic maybe. bit too by the numbers... maybe I was just in a bad mood and rushed through it without taking the time to enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

its about £8.15 on gamefly with the code GFDJAN20UK

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Not really, I found 2033 much tougher - in a good way. In particular the ammo/currency gimmick was much better in 2033. You really feel like you're wasting hard earned cash everything you fire one of those shiny rounds into the wall past the head of an enemy, it hurts. I didn't give a toss about it in LL, I wasn't even sure I could tell the difference.

As a game it feels more focused on scripted set pieces than 2033, dare I say CODesque. There were a lot more moments in 2033 where it seemed like I was literally crawling through the tunnels inch by inch because of the many pits and booby traps.

It's a fun game, but it's been watered down somewhat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sweetie wrote: »
    its about £8.15 on gamefly with the code GFDJAN20UK

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just finished this. Damn this is great game. Such a shame its over :(.

Goty of 2013 thats for sure. Best looking and most atmospheric game I played in ages. I am lucky to fully understand russian language too, so it was even better experience over all.

Everyone who loves Post apocalyptic theme HAS to play this game. No buts about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Yeah, its a brilliant game. Huge fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. etc. so I loved both Metros. Last time I played last light through, I spent the week swearing in Russian. Blyat! лядь!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Just finished this. Damn this is great game. Such a shame its over :(.

Goty of 2013 thats for sure. Best looking and most atmospheric game I played in ages. I am lucky to fully understand russian language too, so it was even better experience over all.

Everyone who loves Post apocalyptic theme HAS to play this game. No buts about it.

Now go play the DLC :D

The DLC is amazing. The Khan DLC is fantastic for story and atmosphere, and the factions pack has some good but short scenarios, but is worth it for the great library DLC, which is like a mix between S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Dark Souls. You have to loot the great library, but if you die, you lose everything, unless you successfully make it back to the base to save. Each time you push a little bit further into the library, you open up a shortcut you can use later on, but theres always a risk/reward that you might find more loot if you press on, but you run the risk of dying and losing it all. Its brilliant

• Advertisement
Advertisement