Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buzzards

Options
  • 01-03-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

i have noticed two buzzards in the tintern area the last couple of weeks . any one else have sightings of buzzards in wexford

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

i have noticed two buzzards in the tintern area the last couple of weeks . any one else have sightings of buzzards in wexford

http://www.irishbirding.com/birds/web/Display/sighting/53152/Buzzard.html

There's quite a few sightings on Irishbirding.com , sure they are as common as muck out Scarawalsh direction. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A few around the old Davis Mill site & even out the Milehouse too.Beautiful birds.A few pairs near Clonroche & in Kennedy Park.

Closest I got to one in the wild was near Scarawalsh,it was standing at the roadside and only took off when I was within a few metres of it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Seen them around the Moangeer Ballymotey areas in the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Who would have thought that there were so many closet ornithologists twitchers lurking on the Wexford Forum? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

twitchers lurking on the Wexford Forum

Did I mention I follow the birdies too?

I've spotted a few birds of prey in the Monageer area... wasn't sure whether they were Sparrowhawks or Buzzards at the time. I'm more of a garden birds person, some of my photos ->

Robin
    2433491541_aebbd35411_m.jpg

Yellowhammer
    4677896857_52c5c9b138_m.jpg

Goldfinch
    5496637816_cd61e6101e_m.jpg

Siskin
    4335276232_77af7cf08d_m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Was having my lunch & spotted one circling near the house earlier.The missus was talking to me & thought I was staring into space & ignoring her:pac:

Advertisement