Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frizzy hair , on child help

• 01-03-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

My daughter takes medication that has left her with really frizzy hair .she hates me doing anything with it so straightening daily is out.shes ten.would a graduated bob look ok with frizzy hair.its down to her shoulders now .and is very very very thick.any advice is welcomed .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

I really wouldn't have considered straightening hair on a daily basis as appropriate..especially for a child giving how damaging it can be. If you use a very good conditioner, this will help. You could try a serum also. A lot if people swear by john Frieda. I have curly hair and have not found this much use but I think that is because my hair is thin. There are many ways to style hair too... plait/bun...but really...embrace the frizz I say! When she's old enough to start worrying about appearance/style/fashion/, she will style the way she wants to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

cathy01 wrote: »
    My daughter takes medication that has left her with really frizzy hair .she hates me doing anything with it so straightening daily is out.shes ten.would a graduated bob look ok with frizzy hair.its down to her shoulders now .and is very very very thick.any advice is welcomed .

You should try something like this
    http://www.millies.ie/products/uniq-one-all-in-one-hair-treatment__8210.aspx

Or this
    http://www.millies.ie/Products/Revlon-Professional-Equave-Kids-Daily-Leave-in-Conditioner-200ml__54811.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Is it just the ends which have become frizzy? I have curls which are prone to frizz, and having weight/length with hair helps to combat frizz. If the hair is short and/or lightweight, she'd be more prone to frizz and flyaways because there's not much stopping the hair from doing it's own thing. The bob would be much easier to deal with, time wise, but it would need to be blowdried/straightened after every wash until her hair isn't as frizzy anymore.

Also, conditioner is the best thing for frizz. Treatments, leave-in sprays, hair masks. The Aussie range is very good (Miracle Hair Insurance Spray is very light and brilliant for detangling, 3 Minute Miracle conditioning treatment will help to reduce frizz), they are normally on special in Boots or Tesco. Normally "3 for 12 euro" or "2 for 9 euro" deals, but the products are worth it. They have a somewhat strong smell (fruity/sweet, one smells like tutti-fruitti bubblegum), so they might appeal to your daughter :)

Advertisement