Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post wrong address - return to sender!

Options
  • 01-03-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    I'm in C'land and quite often I receive post addressed to my house but for someone else, i.e someone I have never heard of. Maybe this happens to you guys also.

Anyways, if there's a return address I do send the letter/card back.

This time I have a letter, sent from Alicante Espana and I can't for the life of me make out the return address. So do I

1: Wander round all houses with the same number as I have in Wood, Court, etc etc hoping to find the right person.
    2: Fire the name up here of the intended recipient and hope someone will know the person and PM the proper address.
    3: Make a stab at the return address and hope it makes it way back, with a note enclosed saying please phone the recipient and get the right address.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

So you are opening other people's post? The correct action is mark it unknown at this address and post it. It is the post office's job to return it if possible, and they are legally allowed open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

To be clear I don't open it. When I say a note enclosed , I refer to a note in the envelope I send back.

Thanks for the advice, I'll fire it back to the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Put a note on it

"not at this address" and stick it in the postbox

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Just mark it as "unknown at this address" and pop it back in the post. No stamp or anything. That's all you're expected to do.

Advertisement