Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom shut off my broadband 1 week before move to Sky, only sales can turn it back o

Options
  • 01-03-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I am due to be switched over to sky next Thursday the 6th of March. Our Internet went off at 5 pm. I called Eircom at 7pm from my still working phone line and was told by their tech support that Sky had made the request that I be switched over right away. I called sky and they said that as they had written to me the switch would occur on the 6th of March and legally they had to wait until then.
    I called Eircom back and was told that I was still a customer and it must be a technical issue. Tech support said I had been cut off then transferred me to customer service. At this point I was told that only sales can open and close accounts and they wouldn't be back until Saturday.
    It's amazing they get away with such shoddy business practices. I left for a better deal but I'll be warning everyone I know away from them for years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

budro wrote: »
    I am due to be switched over to sky next Thursday the 6th of March. Our Internet went off at 5 pm. I called Eircom at 7pm from my still working phone line and was told by their tech support that Sky had made the request that I be switched over right away. I called sky and they said that as they had written to me the switch would occur on the 6th of March and legally they had to wait until then.
    I called Eircom back and was told that I was still a customer and it must be a technical issue. Tech support said I had been cut off then transferred me to customer service. At this point I was told that only sales can open and close accounts and they wouldn't be back until Saturday.
    It's amazing they get away with such shoddy business practices. I left for a better deal but I'll be warning everyone I know away from them for years.

Hi budro,

Can you PM me with your tel no: or eircom account number so I can look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement