Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving notice

Options
  • 01-03-2013 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I wrote to my rental agent who handle all landlord contact. Reminded them that the advert specified bins included, two Weeks in despite asking them in person also, this promise has been fobbed off. The letter went into detail about the other quite serious issue of terrible noise pollution and lack of security in the building. 5 days later the agency has not responded to my letter and I requested a response. Long story short, 2 Weeks into 6 month tenancy, I have to get out. How do I do this properly regarding notices?. If I send them one, can they ignore it like my letter?. Don't they have to sign it?. If I give that notice now, it will run into a second month of tenancy, but I want out now, should I still pay the next month then get out or have they failed to fulfill their obligations with the bin services?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

What does your lease say about breaking it. Chances are you are tied into the lease and the only way around it would be to find an alternative tenant yourself. You need to check your own paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If the bins are specified in your lease then you have a case, otherwise I dont think there is a lot you can do. Noise pollution is not grounds to break a lease, nor is building security (the latter should have been noted by you on viewing the property).

If you dont have a break clause specified in your lease then the only option you have is to seek a lease reassignment (have a search of this forum as it has been covered numerous times). There is no notice period that will allow you to break a fixed term lease (unless your lease specifies to the contrary).

Advertisement