Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this February: March Edition

• 01-03-2013 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭

The previous thread was a bit of fun so why not another!

So most if not all of us have a backlog of games. Why not try and get through a few of them. This month pick a game and beat it. Tell us what game you've chosen and a reason if you like. Then report back with any progress. At least feel a sense of accomplishment from your downtime.

I just bought Dark Souls so that's my goal. I hear nothing but good things.

Come the 12th Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm will be released so I'll be flying through that single player without a problem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm jamming on a bit of GTA: Chinatown Wars, so hoping to beat that. Also, Red Dead Redemption is staring at me from the collection at the moment. If that happens to find it's way into my Xbox, that'll be on my Beat It list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The first game from my backlog that I have started this month is Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Final Fantasy IX from the PSN. Currently on the third disc, level grinding by killing dragons with level 5 death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Dark Souls (PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Dead Space 2. its about time I finally play through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

my goal is skyrim only got it lately so im going to do it hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

tyrion1234 wrote: »
    Dead Space 2. its about time I finally play through it.

That is my game for March Also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'm planning on finishing borderlands for march, dont have a huge amount of time due or other commitments but loving it and can't wait to crack in borderlands 2. Iv just finished the part with kromm, anyone any idea how far I am into it or how much is left in terms of main quest, have all the dlc too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Didn't finish Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Not sure if I should continue or just give up & switch to Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might as well say Chrono Trigger since I'm near the end although I do want to finish off Riviera and Final Fantasy so I can change my Vita account to US.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Might as well say Chrono Trigger since I'm near the end although I do want to finish off Riviera and Final Fantasy so I can change my Vita account to US.

You've never finished Chrono Trigger :eek: For shame

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grimebox wrote: »
    You've never finished Chrono Trigger :eek: For shame

Oh I have, just thought the DS version the perfect excuse to play it again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

So many games to play, I'm gonna try finish The Walking Dead and Spec Ops The Line but I might just end up playing Tomb Raider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

As I mentioned in the other thread I finished RDR only today so while it was meant for Feb, it now belong to March.
    Next on my list is to finish Catherine (another failed Feb attempt) and start on Uncharted 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Finished Fallout 3 ..after getting it for Christmas in 2008 ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Playing through Super Mario 3 for the first time in about 15 years on the Xperia Play, on World 4 so hoping to get that done before to long. Also playing Chrono Trigger where I've just landed in 600 AD after finishing up in the apocalyptic future, such a massive game so doubt I'll get the whole thing finished but I'm trying to get stuck into it

Far Cry 3 still going on the xbox since Christmas, slowly grinding my way through it so might make an effort to finally get it finished so I can get on to Mass Effect 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Awww do i have toooooo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Think I might try finish Demon Souls, well that was kinda easy, just stood behind Old King Allant and poisoned him repeatedly for 15 minutes. I would feel cheap for doing it that way....but I am a cheap, petty individual :p .

Also almost finished the 3rd chapter of The Walking Dead so may polish that off sometime too. Doesnt help I just bought Far Cry 3 and even after 30 minutes can see its good, crafting/exploration/side quests....oh yes :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm gonna do Spec Ops: The Line this month. Will be difficult because I'll still be playing a good bit of Civ and FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Zelda twilight princess has been sitting idle for 4 years with 1 dungeon to go. I'm going to try and polish it off before my wiiu and Darksiders 2 arrive

How many chronotrigger endings constitute finishing it?

• Advertisement

I don't know if I can do Dark Souls. Spent half the morning playing at I'm still near the very start and its driving me absolutely insane. Its so damn hard

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Grimebox wrote: »
    I don't know if I can do Dark Souls. Spent half the morning playing at I'm still near the very start and its driving me absolutely insane. Its so damn hard

I'm exactly the same, started last night and have been getting my ass handed to me with very little progress. There definitely no hand holding, like a baptism of fire from the start

I'm exactly the same, started last night and have been getting my ass handed to me with very little progress. There definitely no hand holding, like a baptism of fire from the start

I've died around 30 times in the same stretch. I think I might just pack it in to be honest. I'm not enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Gonna try for the following:

Bioshock 1 (I know, I know... :P)
    The Cave
    Bastion
    Sniper Elite V2
    L.A. Noire

and if I have some time left over; Company of Heroes expansion packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It will be hard to beat any game from backlog for me this month. SC2 expansion is coming and Bioshock.

Though i am still trying to beat Batman. It says i am 37% in so far.

Problem is i am dipping my toe in to so many free to play games and diablo 3, i dont get a chance to finish anything lately!

Well, I am trying to join you lads. Playing dead space 2 for the last hour. I know it is not dead space 1, but it still damn good game. It has the sence of horror survival in its core. I am playing in survivalist, so few hits and I am dead meat, so far I had to be very carefull with my supplies and credits. Happy days!

Just finished Dead space 2. Freaking Loved it.

dead space 1+2 are A must play for anyone who is in to horror survival.

Such a shame dead space 3 had to be like this :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Metro 2033 or Titan Quest it'll be this month.

Metro 2033 or Titan Quest it'll be this month.

Metro!!! Titan quest going to be a huge time sink for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Far Cry 3 although I'm not too confident. Been playing it in spurts since it came out and people keep mentioning "a second island" which I haven't seen yet so I'm probably less than halfway through. However I've unlocked most of the perks so I dunno. At the moment I'm helping Buck with a load of missions. Have like 5 pieces of compass now.

The Walking Dead which I definitely will finish. On to Episode 4 now.

Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm. coming out in a week or so but I'm sure i'll play it do death so it won't stay on the backlog list for long. :p

Advertisement