Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this February: March Edition

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's the best looking game of that generation. Some of the effects where way ahead of it's time and the art direction really makes the best of a limited piece of hardware.

It's a brilliant game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I love Super Metroid (played it through again recently) but had never played any of the other games after it so it was nice to see that Prime still had that Metroid challenge and audio cues + effects which I'm loving.

Will move onto Prime 2 after this guy whenever I get the chance anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, people didn't have high hopes for Metroid Prime. There was no way it would work in 3D. Think this was a time everyone was happiy to be proven wrong. It's one of my faves. Have the 2 Cube ones, Corruption on Wii, then bought the Trilogy on Wii. And if they were to announce Metroid Prime Trilogy HD on Wii U, I would happily buy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think I was pretty much the only person at the time excited for Prime :) People were right to be worried, it had a severe identity crisis during development and the footage that was shown was really ropey. They really managed to nail it in the final release.

Since it was way back over 10 years ago, I wasn't reading too much about it. I just know I wanted it when it came out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm gonna do Spec Ops: The Line this month. Will be difficult because I'll still be playing a good bit of Civ and FM.

Just finished this, hell of a story. Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Just finished far cry 3 finally ... Now im moving back to Lego Star Wars the complete saga and saints row 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

GTA IV had been giving me a sullen look all month so I decided to try my best and complete it. Had gotten through a good chunk of it ages ago but never popped it back into my Xbox after that.

Forgot how boring the characters were.

Oh well... I've started so I'll finish.

New Super Mario U done (Well Bowser beat)

On Anarchy Reigns now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finished Crimson Shroud. Think I'll play New Game + because the ending was such a downer and it's pretty short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Finished Crimson Shroud. Think I'll play New Game + because the ending was such a downer and it's pretty short.
    Is it any good? Heard theres not a lot to it.

penev10 wrote: »
    Is it any good? Heard theres not a lot to it.

I beat it in a little over 6 hours. However don't let that put you off, it's fantastic. Since it's so short it's actually excellently paced, there's no slow moments (other than a badly thought out section where you have to battle for a random drop). The writing, story and music are also fantastic as always with a Matsuno and Sakimoto partnership. Also I really love the battle system. There's no real leveling up other than melding the same weapons together so it's all down to how well you play the game. It's very tactical.

Once you finish it there's the new game+ mode which has about 50% extra content and a new ending and is a bit more challenging. I'm playing new game+ now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Falthyron wrote: »
    Gonna try for the following:

Bioshock 1 (I know, I know... :P)
    The Cave
    Bastion
    Sniper Elite V2
    L.A. Noire

and if I have some time left over; Company of Heroes expansion packs.

Won't be gaming this weekend, but I completed four on my list this month and I am halfway through the Company of Heroes expansion packs. Not bad, but with the COH2 Beta starting next week, I am not sure if I will get a chance to finish them now... :P

Anarchy Reigns finished this morning. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Started and finished Telltale's The Walking Dead game. I know it was released last year, but wow....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got to the very last boss of the HD remake of Ratchet and Clank but unfortunately I couldn't beat him. I got enough entertainment out of it to consider it crossed off my backlog list.

I'll be working on the Tomb Raider reboot for April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'd be surprised if it lasts you a week

sweetie wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if it lasts you a week

Short game I guess. But being a father cuts my game time to an hour or so every other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Trying to finish the campaign in Tropico 4. On level 15 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone else have borderlands on there list? if anyone wants to do co-op let me know I also never got around to playing this game..

• Advertisement

Nolars wrote: »
    Anyone else have borderlands on there list? if anyone wants to do co-op let me know I also never got around to playing this game..

What platform?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

He posted on another thread that it's the steam edition so PC :)

I'm slowly getting through GoW IV at moment. Had intended to dedicate a bit of time into this weekend but that didn't happen.
    On the plus side I finally finished Catherine. Great game but those puzzles do get fairly hard. Had to turn it down to easy as was only way I could complete it and even then its still rock hard.

With the release of Bioshock Infinite I decided that it was time I finally got around to completing the first Bioshock. I was about halfway through when I stopped playing last time so may as well just restart it this time around. Once that's completed I'll probably move onto the third game as there's no connecting story (I think?). Depending on how much I enjoy them I may play the second at a later month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

What platform?

PC sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Short game I guess. But being a father cuts my game time to an hour or so every other night.

You seem to do ok! ;)

sweetie wrote: »
    You seem to do ok! ;)

Yep, and I tend to like shorter games too.

Just finished Unfinished Swan

I liked the wee
    Journey Easter Egg
    in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Revengeance done.

Absolutely awesome game, loved every second of it. Torn now between doing another Normal playthrough and improving my ranks in the areas I dropped while also testing out the additional weapons or just going straight into a Hard playthrough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TSW2014

I'm going at Just Cause 2, finished the main missions but want 100%

The game is huge though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I didn't get through any backlog games in the end. Started playing Sleeping Dogs (which really isn't a backlog game) and really enjoying it. I did complete Quantum Conundrum, however it wasn't a backlog game either. For April I plan on Tackling Deus Ex HR, which is a backlog game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement