Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop for €600

Options
  • 02-03-2013 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Any suggestion on a good desktop pc for a budget limit of €600

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Can you tell us something about your requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Torqay wrote: »
    Can you tell us something about your requirements?

No requirements just the best specs I can get for that money

Saw an acer desktop which had 3ghz core I5, 12gb ram DDR 3, 2tb HDD, 1gb nvidea gpu built in WLAN and bt, all for just under 600 on amazon, seems pretty good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

if your budget doesn't include a screen, you could get a very handy i5 3750k based machine with a 7850 for €600 - and have a bit of fun building. talk to lads in building and upgrading, they'll set you right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

No requirements just the best specs I can get for that money

Saw an acer desktop which had 3ghz core I5, 12gb ram DDR 3, 2tb HDD, 1gb nvidea gpu built in WLAN and bt, all for just under 600 on amazon, seems pretty good to me

That Acer is probably avertised as a "multimedia machine". As it is often the case with such computers, some components are OK, others crap or even superfluous. Personally, I wouldn't buy it for 600 yoyos because for that kinda money, I'll get a Core i7.

1 GB Nvidia GPU is relative, this can be anything from a GT 610 to a GT 650. Question is, do you want to play games? If so, then none of these will really cut it. If you're not into gaming at all then you wouldn't need a dedicated GPU and better spend the money elsewhere (on a faster processor or a solid state disk, for example).

Advertisement