Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Mark on Tongue Piercing (not lymph)

• 02-03-2013 2:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

I noticed yesterday that there's a patch of white behind my tongue bar. I thought first it was a build up of lymph but when I tried to clean it off I realised that the tissue itself has turned white. It about a millimetre long and is directly behind my tongue bar. When the ball is sitting on my tongue it covers it. Does anyone know what this is? Is it some sign of infection? I had a terrible flu recently and have been taken a lot of medicines, could something have affected it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Can't offer medical advice on this forum. Sounds like it could be thrush, which is a common side effect of many drugs but best to get checked out OP. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

It's not a white substance on the tongue though, part of my tongue itself has actually turned white. I know medical advice can't be given but I've seen people ask if tattoos/piercings are infected before so I thought that was okay? Thanks anyway. Since no one here seems to know and I can't find anything similar online I'll probably just pop into my piercer when I'm in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've seen it on people before myself, I don't think it's anything too unusual. What material is your tongue bar made of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Might be worth popping into a piercing studio and asking them if it's normal or if you need a doctor or whatever?

I was told the material of my bar but I've managed to forget if I'm honest. I'm in town either tomorrow or Wednesday so I'll pop in a ask them if it's normal. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement

Just updating this in case anyone else stumbles across this looking for an answer in the future. I sent a message on facebook to my piercer the last day and got this response.
    hi no its fine, the white skin is build up of dead tissue from the bar making a home for its self. very common in new piercings and can happen from time to time with old ones. usually goes away by itself

Advertisement