Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value iPhone 4S/5

Options
  • 02-03-2013 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anyone got any advice on which network is best value/cheapest for either the 4S or the iPhone 5 on billpay?? :)

I've been with Vodafone Rtg for 11/12 years, and was keen to stay with them, as I've never had a problem with them before. But after looking at their price plans on their website (which are not great all at all imo), I think I'll be definitely be changing to possibly O2/Meteor/!!!

Apparently the coverage for Three in my area isn't great, so has anybody ANY feedback on Meteor and O2 for iphone 5/4S on billpay??
    (I'd prob need 1GB or 2GB of data, 300/350 texts and less than 100 mins of calls per month, and ideally wouldn't want to spend more than €40/45 per month)

Any help would be great, as I want to get the phone in the next few days, and haven't a clue who to go with!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I'm with VF billpay 'cause I'm abroad more than I'm in Ireland and they seems best for roaming (have "free" data roaming on my €75 plan, only up to 50mb/day but still...).
    Also VF lately have pretty impressive 3G speeds (at least around Dublin) highest I've had was 27Mbps download with around 3Mbps upload, don't think other networks come close (it's actually faster than my UPC wifi at times). Don't think a 4s will be able to get these speeds though (I have a 5) but might be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Pity your coverage is bad. I moved from VF and never looked back when I moved to three.

PS, you say "apparently", is it hearsay? Why not try out a 3 sim and see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HoneyHula

Thanks for your responses!
    I'm in Co. Limerick. I know that my neighbours have v bad Three coverage, so unfortunately I don't think its an option for me.
    Meteor's current offer of €45.74 on their Smart Plus Plan seems pretty good (includes free phone!!). Their coverage I know is quite good where I am....any feedback on Meteor Billpay...??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Look at eMobile. It's the same as meteor and sometimes plans are better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

goz83 wrote: »
    Look at eMobile. It's the same as meteor and sometimes plans are better
    Ya agreed
    Moved to eMobile 5 months ago
    Very happy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

With eMobile 12 months. No issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

HoneyHula wrote: »
    Thanks for your responses!
    I'm in Co. Limerick. I know that my neighbours have v bad Three coverage, so unfortunately I don't think its an option for me.
    Meteor's current offer of €45.74 on their Smart Plus Plan seems pretty good (includes free phone!!). Their coverage I know is quite good where I am....any feedback on Meteor Billpay...??

Went on billpay with Meteor just over a year ago with a free 4S never had any problems either with coverage, bills or contact with customer service. Btw in east co limerick

Advertisement