Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360 profile transfer??

Options
  • 02-03-2013 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

hey guys just wondering how easy or difficult a transfer of my profile from my brothers 360 (fat) to a halo 4 edt 360 slim I will be buying in a week or so bearing in mind I only want to move my profile and not his?

I mainly play ps3 but I am a massive fan of halo and gears of war so I've decided to get my own 360 and stop using my bros partly because his is 20gb and I can only put 2 games on the hdd at a time and it sounds like a jet engine + I really like the look of the halo 4 edt console @ €320 isn't bad.

Can I do this with a ethernet cable like the ps3 or what do I have to do? thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

very aesy to transfer profiles but you will need to have gold membership, just go to the dash board on your new system and download your profile from xboxlive, its very straight forward, i only done it myself after upgrading to a slim!
    hope this helps,
    good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You can just use a usb memory stick, make sure there is nothing on it go into the system settings over on the far right of the dashboard, select memory and your usb stick and format it for xbox, then back up to memory and select hard drive, find your profile and move it, then head into games and apps and do the same for your saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

Cheers for the replies , what is this I've been hearing about a data transfer kit though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

trev179 wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies , what is this I've been hearing about a data transfer kit though?

It's a cable you connect the older hard drive to on one end and usb on the other end to connect to new console, it will copy saves and profiles. They go for about 15-20 so hardly worth it as you will likely only use it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

only putting extra cost on yourself you dont need it, just dowload your profile or as calex says!

• Advertisement

Cheers lads will take calex's option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Forget about the transfer kit if the HDD is only 20gb.All you need is a memory stick.The max you can format is 16gb even if you have a 32gb one.

Also €320 for an xbox?Whats included in the bundle because that seems really steep.

Google the halo 4 edition xbox 360 and you'll see :)

Google the halo 4 edition xbox 360 and you'll see :)
    Mmm, nice console but do you really need 320gb? and with the new xbox console coming later in the year.Personally id go with a 4gb and buy a 16gb memory stick.if i was stuck for space just get a 250gb on amazon or ebay but every man to his own i spose.

You'd also find a good deal on Gumtree or Donedeal. Might save you some money
    Spotted this on Donedeal, Halo Edition too
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/4656394

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

The 4GB is a waste of time, you need a hard drive

• Advertisement

Meesared wrote: »
    The 4GB is a waste of time, you need a hard drive
    cheaper option and just buy a 32gb usb from sandisk and you sorted.

He installs games by the sound of it, which needs a hard drive, plays Halo, Spartan Ops needs a hard drive, its the far more sensible option

I think ill just get the new halo 4 console because a) I'm a massive halo fanboy b) yes I do install all games I play as the xbox's noise really irritates me.

Though I did stick in a 32gb sandisk usb into my bros xbox that I'm using now and said there might be performance issues but I installed alan wake and no problems so far , do you think that warning is just to make some go out and buy the official xbox/sandisk usb?

No its basically warning you that the flash drive isn't fast enough, a lot of flash drives are VERY slow, slow enough to cause performance issues on something such as an Xbox.

Ah right cool ill have to go buy a hi-speed one at some stage so then.

Advertisement