Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered item from website, got email confirming delivery 4 hours after delivery

Options
  • 02-03-2013 6:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭

I recently purchased a large item from an Irish online shop, it has a bricks and mortar store also. I'm working nights and when I woke up this afternoon I'd a missed delivery notice from AnPost, at 10:30. I didn't get an email from the retailer till 15:10 to say my order had been dispatched.

The reason why I went online was because I'd driven around a few different show rooms and they all where roughly the same price, also I didn't know if the item would fit in my car if I bought it in the store and I got free delivery.

My question is if I can't get AnPost to redeliver can I get the retailer to pay for delivery again? If I'd know it was on the way I could have arranged for someone to receive it. But by getting the mail too late I'll either have to borrow a car or get a mate with a van to pick it up, which I didn't want to do in the 1st place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Doubtful, you paid the retailer for 1 delivery. The email time is irrelevant: mails get delayed /sent in batches etc all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Surly An Post don't just make one delivery attempt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Jarren wrote: »
    01902 wrote: »
    Surly An Post don't just make one delivery attempt?

I'd never read that far down on a missed delivery notice before. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Doubtful, you paid the retailer for 1 delivery. The email time is irrelevant: mails get delayed /sent in batches etc all the time.

I paid for delivery, if I'd wanted to collect it I could have. Good customer service would mean that they send the mail before they dispatch the item or at the time. AnPost had it at 16:30 on the 28th, so they should have sent a mail then. They didn't delay in mailing me to confirm my CC for the order, yet it took 24hrs to let me know it was on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The email is not part of the contract so unlikely they will do anything for you unless thru goodwill. My advice is to be nice to them when you call in.
    Good customer service or not, the contract of sale rules.

Advertisement