Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW28 Match Day Thread.....

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

BP for Zab not beyond the realms of possibility, would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

kolo toure 3
    clichy & tevez 2

wtf?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Fannyhead

They are trolling us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Woot, go clichy! He's, at the moment anyway, a decent differential to have.
    Aguero has been a disaster for me all season, took suarez out for him last week and it sure as hell didn't pay off....
    Switch back made now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Surprised Clichy and Toure got ahead of Zab, also assumed Tevez would get the 3. Never mind though, 6 points was all I was looking for from that game. 80 for the week.

Still surprised at how slow I'm moving. Seems like it's very crowded up top and you need a really strong week to make a proper jump. 8 points off top 10k, hopefully getting the captain right this week will do that. Easier said than done though...

Also just realised my back three all got clean sheets this week. Amazing.

79 for me and a jump of around 200 places to 874. Happy to be in the top 1K at the end of the GW. Now 50 points clear at the top of my main money league but these last few weeks have brought me up just behind carlop in the Irish Poker Boards league too which would be a nice bonus although looking at our teams its going to be tough to make up even 15 points.

How are you for GW29? Barring any injuries in the midweek games I'll be looking at a 4 point hit to field 10. Not willing to do anything else as I want to keep Mata, Walcott, Evra and Zab - top players that will have DGW's coming up.

roryc wrote: »
    How are you for GW29? Barring any injuries in the midweek games I'll be looking at a 4 point hit to field 10. Not willing to do anything else as I want to keep Mata, Walcott, Evra and Zab - top players that will have DGW's coming up.

Assume Fed is fit I have ten playing plus a FT to make. I'll be selling Sagna probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Normally I'd be happy with 48 points when three of your first team players don't start (and their replacements amass 6 points combined) but after the Suarez show it just leaves a bitter taste. After the DGW I couldn't decide who to drop between himself and Sturridge - obviously I opted to keep the latter and 'upgrade' to Aguero. Them's the breaks of this game I guess.

• Advertisement

If chelsea were to progress in both the fa cup and europa lge id be tempted to ship mata, they have played an awful amount of games and with hazard ramires oscar moses occasionally bertrand sharing those 3 advanced midfield positions and the fear of rotation im not sure hes worth 10 million. These dgws depending on when there held may also see a fair bit of rotation if teams are still in cup comps and lge positions are secure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If chelsea were to progress in both the fa cup and europa lge id be tempted to ship mata, they have played an awful amount of games and with hazard ramires oscar moses occasionally bertrand sharing those 3 advanced midfield positions and the fear of rotation im not sure hes worth 10 million. These dgws depending on when there held may also see a fair bit of rotation if teams are still in cup comps and lge positions are secure.

52. Relatively speaking, my poorest gameweek of the season. Lots of 70's and 80's.

United and City really need to sort out the GW29 fixtures asap. It looks like they will be moved out of GW29 now. With City, United and Everton still in the cup, we might have a bumber gameweek around gw36.

So have to shift one of Mata, Walcott, Zabaleta or RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looks like i am going to be called into the Chairmans office later after a poor showing this week.....

Rumour has it 'Arry was seen outside the training ground earlier....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

80 for the week up to 270 overall and second in both the boards league and the fsa league, still in the main cup and won the FSA cup its been a great past 12 weeks after a bad start. Best ive ever done despite playing and studying this game indepthly for the past few years. Despite all this still second in my money league so need to continue but my lucks gotta run out soon all my 50/50s keep paying off.

This week will be a tough test no idea what im going to do.

POKERKING wrote: »
    lucks gotta run out soon all my 50/50s keep paying off.

So you've been the one stealing my luck then...

Great season though, should be guaranteed a top 1k finish barring some monumental end of season blow up (I did exactly that last year).

I think United will beat Chelsea on Sunday, but I agree with your point on Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

keane2097 wrote: »
    79 for me and a jump of around 200 places to 874. Happy to be in the top 1K at the end of the GW. Now 50 points clear at the top of my main money league but these last few weeks have brought me up just behind carlop in the Irish Poker Boards league too which would be a nice bonus although looking at our teams its going to be tough to make up even 15 points.

It's some run you've been on in the last few weeks!

My team is in pieces for GW 29 so you could well make up a good bit on me. Conservatism has served me very well but I might need to take a points hit and mix things up a bit this week.

Fabio being dropped is a massive pain in the balls. I want to bring in Samba, but I just don't think I can justify transferring out a player who has a chance of playing when I have six players who definitely aren't playing, while at the same time I don't want to be stuck with two QPR defenders post-GW 29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

70pts and all red arrows. Hate this game.

8-10 wrote: »
    70pts and all red arrows. Hate this game.

You must be in the top 5k if you got that.

You must be in the top 5k if you got that.

Nope, I wish! Teetering just inside 10K, I dropped to:

down.png 1,214 Ireland down.png 9,361 Gameweek 1 down.png 9,369 Overall

Edit: sorry to be clear I also had -4 on a transfer. So 66!

Did you take points hits? I finished on 80, but realistically 76 and finished on all green arrows, and I'm only slightly behind you in 12,000th.

You were the one who captained RVP weren't you! It ended up being a worthwhile gamble as he did start, but he was unlikely to score high imo. Fergie said he was guaranteed to get gametime, but he was never going to get 90 minutes. For that reason alone I would have never considered him as captain.

Who was your VC?

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    52. Relatively speaking, my poorest gameweek of the season. Lots of 70's and 80's.

United and City really need to sort out the GW29 fixtures asap. It looks like they will be moved out of GW29 now. With City, United and Everton still in the cup, we might have a bumber gameweek around gw36.

Like yourself my poorest gw in a long time 55 pts. Dropped 2k places to just outside the top 5k.Prob mata is ur best bet to shift out there id defo keep walcott and zab.If you dont have suarez maybe get rid of rvp he will be 13.7 to buy back and youll get a .2 rise on suarez.you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »

I'm down to the same 4 lads. I think Zabaleta will go and bring him in again after the Everton away game they have next in GW30.

Did you take points hits? I finished on 80, but realistically 76 and finished on all green arrows, and I'm only slightly behind you in 12,000th.

You were the one who captained RVP weren't you! It ended up being a worthwhile gamble as he did start, but he was unlikely to score high imo. Fergie said he was guaranteed to get gametime, but he was never going to get 90 minutes. For that reason alone I would have never considered him as captain.

Who was your VC?

Suarez.

I think he played long enough to score big, Norwich were there for the taking. He just didn't.

Obviously with hindsight Suarez was the man this week but I was certain RVP would start and if you know RVP is starting at home v Norwich, you captain him. I don't see any way I could have gotten away from that decision.

And yes sorry I edited my above post, I had a 4pt transfer I didn't factor in. Makes more sense now. :)

carlop wrote: »
    It's some run you've been on in the last few weeks!

My team is in pieces for GW 29 so you could well make up a good bit on me. Conservatism has served me very well but I might need to take a points hit and mix things up a bit this week.

Fabio being dropped is a massive pain in the balls. I want to bring in Samba, but I just don't think I can justify transferring out a player who has a chance of playing when I have six players who definitely aren't playing, while at the same time I don't want to be stuck with two QPR defenders post-GW 29.

Yeah my problem was I didn't really put enough time in till around November and I've been playing catch up since. Nice buzz being in the mix though!

I was looking at your team for next week and I didn't think you were in too bad shape but I didn't take any notice of Fabio and Pog on your bench so if all my guys are fit I probably have a shot at making up some ground alright.

It should be a fun couple of weeks anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

keane2097 wrote: »
    Yeah my problem was I didn't really put enough time in till around November and I've been playing catch up since. Nice buzz being in the mix though!

I was looking at your team for next week and I didn't think you were in too bad shape but I didn't take any notice of Fabio and Pog on your bench so if all my guys are fit I probably have a shot at making up some ground alright.

It should be a fun couple of weeks anyway :D

I'd forgotten about that dickhead Pog getting himself sent-off.

It'll be fun, especially when the deliberate leaking of misinformation re:transfers and captain choices on the BBV gets going!

carlop wrote: »
    I'd forgotten about that dickhead Pog getting himself sent-off.

It'll be fun, especially when the deliberate leaking of misinformation re:transfers and captain choices on the BBV gets going!

I wasn't involved last year so I missed all that, layers upon layers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

my 63 points this week gave me red arrows, but seen as I had no Fellaini or Suarez, i did pretty fúcking awesome to get that score :p

down about 40 places to 422 overall, 3rd in the Boards League.

if i stay around there I'll be perfectly happy. i aimed at top 10k at the start of the season, so if i get around the top 1k i'll be delighted.

Sturridge needs to take some of Suarez's points for the rest of the season for me to stay there though I feel. his injuries in 2 of the last 3 games have been more than a little irritating.

also i think i'm dumping Aguero for Benteke this week.

it'll give me a guaranteed 90 minute guy for 2 games he should really score in, and it also gives me 3 or 4m to play around with later. i just need confirmation that the City game is definitely off for this GW.

it is isn't it?

8-10 wrote: »
    if you know RVP is starting at home v Norwich, you captain him. I don't see any way I could have gotten away from that decision.

The issue was we didn't know he was starting. If he was a confirmed guaranteed starter then things would have been massively different. The fact that he wasn't a confirmed starter and was almost certainly not going to play 90 minutes made a lot of people transfer him out, and a lot more take the armband off him. I think it was a risk, but once you saw that he was starting you were in a much better position.
    SlickRic wrote: »

also i think i'm dumping Aguero for Benteke this week.

it'll give me a guaranteed 90 minute guy for 2 games he should really score in, and it also gives me 3 or 4m to play around with later. i just need confirmation that the City game is definitely off for this GW.

it is isn't it?

I'm torn between Sturridge and Benteke. Leaning towards the big man.

Advertisement