Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW28 Match Day Thread.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

67 points and up to 18k in the world.

Considering the poor season I'm having and some of the shocking decisions I've made I'm delighted with that.

Still have Zabaleta to go tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

53 so far, with Demel's 6 to come off the bench and Aguero playing tonight.

back in the top 500.

welcome unforeseen bps for Ashley Cole and Davies.

i'll be waiting to see how the Champions League matches go before making my second transfer.

my first is definitely Cole out, and Samba in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

70 for the week with another 1 to come off the bench from Anichebe!

Love green arrows on a Monday morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah I really think this is Samba's time to shine. Carragher's the same price but I fancy Samba to outscore him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah I really think this is Samba's time to shine. Carragher's the same price but I fancy Samba to outscore him.

I have him 3 weeks now and I have to say he has been unlucky not to score at least 1 goal. 2 cleared off the line V United, more at the weekend.

Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Make or break time for QPR, I fancy them to get a result this weekend and kick on from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

54 points, Zabs left, hopefully finish around 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lemlin wrote: »

Still have Zabaleta to go tonight.

Benteke to tear him a new one tonight:P

Some of my close rivals have City defenders to play & I have Benteke so I'm expecting a revenge mission from Villa for that 5-0 hammering earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any major reasoning behind the Samba love?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

He was outstanding at the weekend, QPR have conceded very few goals at home recently and he has been terribly unlucky(can I say that?) not to score at least a couple of goals so far in his 4 games, he's 4.9m and a guaranteed starter every week.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Any major reasoning behind the Samba love?

I have £5m to spend on a defender. IMO he's the best option:
    • He's playing in GW 29, and has a good fixture at home to Sunderland. If they hold them scoreless he will have a chance of picking up BP's.
    • QPR are in a survival dogfight and will be relishing it after their victory last week. They have been tightening up at the back and it was only a keepers error last week that cost them a clean sheet.
    • He'll play every game barring injury.
    • Massive goal threat - I would put him in the top 10 defenders in this category. Definitely the best at this price. He was very unlucky not to have scored yet, has had at least two cleared of the line iirc.

He could easily return a lot of 1's and 2's but I think he has the ability to get both clean sheets and bonus points, not to mention the goal threat. He gets up for corners, like Vidic, Vermaelen etc. Eventually you expect them to goals.

There still conceding though and 2 points every week from him aint great! In his last three games, he has a total of only 2 points!

Raf32 wrote: »
    There still conceding though and 2 points every week from him aint great! In his last three games, he has a total of only 2 points!

Selective stats, he had a clean sheet in the game before that.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Selective stats, he had a clean sheet in the game before that.

8 points in 4 games averaging two at game, no reason to be getting excited about.

8 points in 4 games averaging two at game, no reason to be getting excited about.

You're looking for a row, fair enough, who do you suggest as an alternative? You'd want to have a word with your English teacher by the way.:o

Misuse of stats is a terrible affliction :)

3 of last 4 home games QPR have kept clean sheets. Their last 4 home games by the way were United, City, Spurs and Norwich. And this is directly after beating Chelsea 1-0, away.

They've had one bad game recently, against Swansea. Their home record has been incredible for a team at the bottom of the table. Had Cesar not made a balls of it against Sunderland, Samba would have picked up another clean sheet and his value would have risen the other night, not dropped.

He's good value for his clean sheet potential alone. The goal threat is a valuable added bonus.

You're looking for a row, fair enough, who do you suggest as an alternative? You'd want to have a word with your English teacher by the way.:o

Your very petty. Any of the Swansea defenders, Dawson, Santon.

Jamie Carragher too, clean sheets in his last two games and a very favourable run in.

Well we're only offering advice, you can take it or leave it but you can't just view potential future returns on selective stats from the last few weeks, Samba is a better bet than any of the ones you mentioned in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I was going to get Samba in for O'Brien but now that I see that you're doing that transfer I might do otherwise ;)

Ah no, your luck seems to be improving. I'll be firmly joining the Samba bandwagon

• Advertisement

I'm definately not going to waste my time trying to convice people to get Samba. You either see his potential as a FPL player or not.

The 4-1 vs Swansea was put firmly on Cesars shoulders. He was struggling with a groin injury and should never have started the game.

Raf, it's interesting that you are highlighting Santon as an alternative to Samba...have you looked at Newcastle's defense recently? They are atrocious. They are also missing their goalkeeper for the next 4 weeks.

The less people hat get Samba the better it is for me. I have him for 3 weeks in anticipation for this run. I was hoping he might get a cheeky goal to get him up to 5.2ish by now but it didn't happen.

Sunderland at home is a good potential for a clean sheet, providing they can handle Sessegnon on the wing.

Jamie Carragher too, clean sheets in his last two games and a very favourable run in.

Gareth Bale is going to tear him a new arsehole next gameweek if he plays centrally. If Carragher doesn't get at least booked, I'd be stunned.

You've picked a side and seem unwilling to budge, it would seem you are the one being petty. Also you just used Carragher and Santon to back up your argument.

As FG said, either you see Samba's potential or don't.

I suppose we will see after next game week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Cheers folks, he wasn't someone I had been looking at before but ye've pretty much convinced me to go that way with Stoke (Wilson) underperforming over a decent sample and Spurs (Dawson) with poor fixtures to come.

I still think it would be better to ship Mata if there was any decent alternative but as there isn't it's a moot point.

I suppose we will see after next game week.

Yes lets base all our analysis on the result of one game.

Yes lets base all our analysis on the result of one game.

We are talking about GW29?

You've picked a side and seem unwilling to budge, it would seem you are the one being petty. Also you just used Carragher and Santon to back up your argument.

As FG said, either you see Samba's potential or don't.

Im saying it was petty to correct my grammar, not petty for having his opinion on Samba. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, some are high on Samba and with the fixtures remaining looks an ok option, I just feel there are better options out there, you rate Samba as a good signing, I rate Carragher.

Im saying it was petty to correct my grammar, not petty for having his opinion on Samba. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, some are high on Samba and with the fixtures remaining looks an ok option, I just feel there are better options out there, you rate Samba as a good signing, I rate Carragher.

Fair point, apologies for the grammar comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Samba, IMO, especially at 4.9, is a complete no-brainer for the next 3 weeks at least.

QPR are desperate for points, the fixtures are nice, and Samba's a beast in the opposition box.

if having him doesn't work out, i'd actually put that more down to luck than good judgment tbh.

i expect at least one clean sheet, and he's due a goal really.

Advertisement