Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW28 Match Day Thread.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Suarez captaincy has somewhat saved a disastrous gameweek. Nothing of note from any of my other players. Both players i transferred out outscored their replacements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

unkymo wrote: »
    37 with Saurez(c), Bale and Walcott to play, I might get over 50 for the week which I'll be happy with.

That went well!!

I presume that Saurez and Fellaini will get 3 BP's each so that'll bring me up to 74 for the week with Bale and Walcott to play so i might get past 80 for the week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FutureGuy wrote: »
    What I love a mbiut Liverpool is they kill teams off even if they are winning 2-0. Rogers could be resting Suarez after 60 but refuses to

The replacements aren't good enough so he has to play him.Happy with today,I expected Wigan to put up some kind of fight & didn't captain Suarez but the hat trick will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

my defence of Cole, Davies and Demel is somewhat saving me so far.

need big games from Bale and Aguero.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Melion wrote: »
    Suarez will not run riot today, Wigan will win that game.

I'm good at this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

52 points + another 6 BP's coming for Captain Suarez. Had a feeling Liverpool would do well, nice to finally get a result.

Could have been so much more though. Would be sitting on 76 had I kept Fellaini/RVP and benched other players, although the latter was never going to happen. I do seem to be falling on the wrong side of these decisions a lot and the cost of them is pretty harsh (10 this week for Fellaini), luckily Suarez has spared my blushes this time around.

It was close between him and Bale for the armband. Would love a 1 pointer from chimp boy tomorrow! Still have Zabaleta vs Aston Villa which could pull me in some points too, he's a bit of a dark horse. Wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't play either I've a bunch of points sitting on my bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

It's all on JugEars for me 2mo, at least I had both RVP & Suarez in my starting 11 but very little from my midfield this week....sitting on 36 with Bale & Walcott to play!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So van Persie gets 5 and Suarez would have cost me 4. Would've captained him for 34 so that woul be 25 points needed from captain bale. A goal would be a great start (14).

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

roryc wrote: »
    52 points + another 6 BP's coming for Captain Suarez. Had a feeling Liverpool would do well, nice to finally get a result.

Could have been so much more though. Would be sitting on 76 had I kept Fellaini/RVP and benched other players, although the latter was never going to happen. I do seem to be falling on the wrong side of these decisions a lot and the cost of them is pretty harsh (10 this week for Fellaini), luckily Suarez has spared my blushes this time around.

It was close between him and Bale for the armband. Would love a 1 pointer from chimp boy tomorrow! Still have Zabaleta vs Aston Villa which could pull me in some points too, he's a bit of a dark horse. Wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't play either I've a bunch of points sitting on my bench.

Rory that captain choice was just pure LUCK

:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

62 before BP and clichy to play.
    not a bad week after all.
    hoping for 3bp for captain suarez and fellaini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Captaining Suarez has saved what otherwise has been an altogether terrible gw for my team, hopefully Cazorla delivers tomorrow and I should be above average

moreau wrote: »
    Rory that captain choice was just pure LUCK

:D:P

Bale scoring less than 6 points tomorrow would go down as luck based on his current form. I can see myself jumping up a few places, might even get back inside the top 10k. Whether I stay there depends totally on the chimp.

Surely he's due an off day!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Double whammy for me really with sturridge missing out on that potential goalfest and it also allowing suarez to play up top. Will have to reassess my sturridge over suarez choice as sturridge seems to be fairly injury prone. Great day for those that capt suarez after some of the silly things said about rvp earlier.On the plus said carragher at 5 has been a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Double whammy for me really with sturridge missing out on that potential goalfest and it also allowing suarez to play up top. Will have to reassess my sturridge over suarez choice as sturridge seems to be fairly injury prone. Great day for those that capt suarez after some of the silly things said about rvp earlier.On the plus said carragher at 5 has been a success.
    Feel EXACTLY same re Sturridge and Suarez. Will have to persist with Sturridge next week tho. Only have 7 starters as it is

I wouldn't base the RVP decision on this result, you need to look at each on its own merits.

Personally I got rid of RVP for Lambert based heavily on the fact that I thought RVP wouldn't start. He did, so it turns out it was a bad decision. It actually cost me three points anyway but this doesn't matter. If RVP was guaranteed to start then it would have been a -EV move. People that got rid of RVP for Suarez because they thought he wouldn't start or was injured have hit the jackpot.

Wonder if RVP will actually drop tonight or his price is protected? I've a bit of a dilemma now as I'd planned on getting him back for GW30 for Suarez. That's probably gone out the window based on current form, and the fact that Sturridge keeps missing games. Need United to stay in the CL so there's more chance of Fergie resting him!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

I wouldn't base the RVP decision on this result, you need to look at each on its own merits.

Personally I got rid of RVP for Lambert based heavily on the fact that I thought RVP wouldn't start. He did, so it turns out it was a bad decision. It actually cost me three points anyway but this doesn't matter. If RVP was guaranteed to start then it would have been a -EV move. People that got rid of RVP for Suarez because they thought he wouldn't start or was injured have hit the jackpot.

Wonder if RVP will actually drop tonight or his price is protected? I've a bit of a dilemma now as I'd planned on getting him back for GW30 for Suarez. That's probably gone out the window based on current form, and the fact that Sturridge keeps missing games. Need United to stay in the CL so there's more chance of Fergie resting him!

Could you upgrade Sturridge to Rooney?

Could be a possible solution...

I don't have Sturridge but I was planning on getting him in for next weekend for Pog. Then the following week if RVP was starting against Norwich I was going to swap out Suarez to get him in. So I'm using the RVP OUT/IN transfer to also downgrade Suarez to Sturridge.

Todays game has messed that up a bit though. Surely Suarez is the MVP now with Liverpool's upcoming fixtures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Melion wrote: »
    Suarez will not run riot today, Wigan will win that game.

Can you work the same magic on Benteke for Monday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

54 with bale and aguero to play. A goal for either of them.should see me hit about 70, should be just above par

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What the fcuk are you talking about?
    You were certainly not guilty but at the beginning of this thread there was a lot of lads patting themselves on the back about Van Persie starting and all the points he was going to get, as if they really had their fingers on the pulse, I know that I'm easily annoyed but this was before the games even kicked off. Considering the tone of that particular debate you can't blame fella's for gloating a bit about Suarez big haul, personally I don't care, I've got Sturridge and Aguero was my RVP replacement so that is yet to be seen.

This. Obviously. Why would you get offended by me calling people dopes for doing something you didn't do?

Got Suarez in last night. Ended up on 48 points with 6 points from Davies to come in and Zabs and Bale to play tomorrow. Hopefully I will push up from 19th in the boards league.

That's annoying, only up to 12,000th. Assumed I would be higher than this. That Fellaini transfer has made a big difference.

I am only up to 2436, I reckon all the transfers I have made is killing me(46)

I am only up to 2436, I reckon all the transfers I have made is killing me(46)
    Massive drip for me from 800 to 1900

Balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

You were certainly not guilty but at the beginning of this thread there was a lot of lads patting themselves on the back about Van Persie starting and all the points he was going to get, as if they really had their fingers on the pulse, I know that I'm easily annoyed but this was before the games even kicked off. Considering the tone of that particular debate you can't blame fella's for gloating a bit about Suarez big haul, personally I don't care, I've got Sturridge and Aguero was my RVP replacement so that is yet to be seen.

Just adding that while the back patting earlier was embarrassing for all involved most Utd fans would have had an 80-90% certainty of Van Persie starting. He's been training all week and Ferguson has publicly stated that it was a must-win game against Norwich. He doesn't rest Van Persie for those games.

Gloat away I say, I would be too if I had Suarez captained (c'mon Bale)!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I'm another one who's going to have to rethink Sturridge over Suarez. I took out Rvp this week and decided against Suarez as I had Sturridge so got Benteke instead.

Can't complain to much as I captained Fellaini, 44 with Zab, Walcott, Bale and Benteke left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Finally break into the top 1000, hopefully Bale doesn't go too crazy and I can stay there when the week finishes up. I have Bale but a lot of rivals have him captained so some sort of 0 pointer would be grand! 49 so far.

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Just adding that while the back patting earlier was embarrassing for all involved most Utd fans would have had an 80-90% certainty of Van Persie starting. He's been training all week and Ferguson has publicly stated that it was a must-win game against Norwich. He doesn't rest Van Persie for those games.

The point was it wasn't a certainty or anything close to it. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, when I asked the traders in my work whether they thought RVP would start, the answer I got back was they thought he wouldn't. They compile the odds and I would trust their opinion more than anyone else other than someone actually linked to the club that has inside information. Granted they aren't right every time but they get paid to be right more often than not.

Next time you think something is 80-90% certainty and the bookies think otherwise I would advise you to lump on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

38 points and dropped 2k places. Made the wrong call on Suarez. Was expecting more from Wigan.

Bale (captain), Walcott and Zabaleta to go.

To be honest, there are days I don't give a fook about FF and this is one.

Cavan beat Meath :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

dropped from 318 to 578.

thought it'd be worse seen as I've no Suarez or Fellaini.

if Bale gets at least a goal, I should hold steady enough, even with bonus to come, seen as I also have Demel to come on, and Aguero and Walcott to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

47 (-4) with Bale (C) and Walcott to play tomorrow. So goal fest in the north London derby required !

Regret a tad to have taken Fellaini out for Sissoko at the expense of a 4 pts hit but needed to cash on and couldn't ignor a 0.2 swing...

By the way does anyone know why Federici wasn't involved today? Hopefully he'll play next week...

Is anyone else having problems with the FF site?

There's something up with my screen, all the red arrows have turned a funny shade of green...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

There's something up with my screen, all the red arrows have turned a funny shade of green...

There is definitely something wrong with your screen so. Maybe it's the laptop?

Or else maybe they made the mistake of thinking you actually climbed in the leaderboards.... ha they'd hardly make that mistake. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

You must have gotten very lucky so.

qwabercd wrote: »
    You must have gotten very lucky so.

I sold RVP and Fellaini and left Demel and Harte on the bench. You tell me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dropped from 28k overall to 45k overall....what a drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    47 (-4) with Bale (C) and Walcott to play tomorrow. So goal fest in the north London derby required !

Regret a tad to have taken Fellaini out for Sissoko at the expense of a 4 pts hit but needed to cash on and couldn't ignor a 0.2 swing...

By the way does anyone know why Federici wasn't involved today? Hopefully he'll play next week...

twisted his ankle in training on friday . I need him next week myself.

Just going to put this week down to one of those weeks. Lost tons of ground in my leagues. Pretty much everyone scored 40-50 points except me and many of them have Bale C to play.

Perfectly set up for GW29 and still have a wildcard so have to be patient. I need all 4 games cancelled next week.

need all 4 games cancelled next week.

I assumed this was already confirmed? How late can they leave it! It would be great if the City or Chelsea games ended up being played.

As for this week I wouldn't worry, Bale could save your week yet. He's one of the few players that I'm scared of. I get the feeling he's going to have an off day today and get <5 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Slightly annoyed that I switched captaincy from Suarez to Bale, but otherwise this has been a beautiful gameweek. Obviously we all love the huge points haul from a captain, but personally I almost prefer the flukey Joey O'Brien-esque clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I assumed this was already confirmed? How late can they leave it! It would be great if the City or Chelsea games ended up being played.

As for this week I wouldn't worry, Bale could save your week yet. He's one of the few players that I'm scared of. I get the feeling he's going to have an off day today and get <5 points.

I've seen Tuesday mentioned. But realistically I'd imagine they'd need more time to organize it. Police, tickets, extra transport etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm on 69 points so far. I was outside the top 1,000 in the world prior to this G.W. but I'm in the top 450 at this moment. Delighted.

I haven't got Bale though which is a slight concern tbh. :pac:

Just going to put this week down to one of those weeks. Lost tons of ground in my leagues. Pretty much everyone scored 40-50 points except me and many of them have Bale C to play.

Perfectly set up for GW29 and still have a wildcard so have to be patient. I need all 4 games cancelled next week.

Who did you go with as captain? Bale?

I'm delighted all 4 are cancelled. Just Zabaleta out to get me 11 players. Will be playing 5-3-2 but at least will have 11.

Lemlin wrote: »

Who did you go with as captain? Bale?

I'm delighted all 4 are cancelled. Just Zabaleta out to get me 11 players. Will be playing 5-3-2 but at least will have 11.

Yeah Bale captain. I reckon the city game will go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

lambert as captain didnt pay off, 31 points with Walcott, Zab, Weimann and Bale left.

Yeah Bale captain. I reckon the city game will go ahead.

If it does, I can keep Zabaleta and save a transfer to have 2 for stocking up on future DGW players.

Lemlin wrote: »

If it does, I can keep Zabaleta and save a transfer to have 2 for stocking up on future DGW players.

I'm in the exact same boat. Bring it the fcuk on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I refuse to log in after the Liverpool game yesterday. Waiting to see if my players today and tomorrow can salvage something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I refuse to log in after the Liverpool game yesterday. Waiting to see if my players today and tomorrow can salvage something!

I was in the same boat for hours yesterday evening but in the end the urge for pain got the better of me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lineups as expected really. Ade up front for Spurs

Advertisement