Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 29 Transfers.

• 02-03-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭

Anyone considering using their wildcard for next weeks depleted fixtures?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I'm more tempted to save the WC for a DGW fixture I think. Using the WC for next week could end result in filling your team up with players you don't want to keep for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Selling Fellani but for who is the problem........

Michu,Gerrard or a squad filler.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

dahat wrote: »
    Selling Fellani but for who is the problem........

Michu,Gerrard or a squad filler.......

Dumping Fellaini aswell. I'm leaning towards Sissoko off Newcastle or possibly Michu.

Also as an aside, does anybody think it's worth getting rid of Demel for Turner off Norwich or some other cheapo defender with a game on in GW29? I'm likely to only have 10 players for next week and have been looking to offload Demel for a while now. Thinking it might be worth taking a 4 point hit and having some if not all of it subsidised by 2-6 points from Turner.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Invincible wrote: »
    Anyone considering using their wildcard for next weeks depleted fixtures?

No ill be missing 4 at worst so will hold off to see if the doubles get played on same gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Pog to either benteke or lukaku to give me 11 starters (hopefully). Currently have 7.1m in the bank!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

qwabercd wrote: »
    Pog to either benteke or lukaku to give me 11 starters (hopefully). Currently have 7.1m in the bank!

Pffff. I've £8.2m

Peasant

Dumping Fellaini aswell. I'm leaning towards Sissoko off Newcastle or possibly Michu.

Also as an aside, does anybody think it's worth getting rid of Demel for Turner off Norwich or some other cheapo defender with a game on in GW29? I'm likely to only have 10 players for next week and have been looking to offload Demel for a while now. Thinking it might be worth taking a 4 point hit and having some if not all of it subsidised by 2-6 points from Turner.

If you can afford it I'd go for Bassong over Turner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'll be transferring Zabaleta out for someone to give me 11. Benching Mata, Walcott and RVP as the only players I'll have missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

thunderdog wrote: »
    If you can afford it I'd go for Bassong over Turner.

Id go for turner its a waste of 1.1 getting in bassong just because he scored 3 goals in 4 games 3 months ago. Turners as much of a threat as bassong from set pieces. Also if your going to pay 5.3 defender you would want to be playing him every week and you wont with bassong. Turner is a good shout norwich have great home fixtures.

The idea was Pog -> Sturridge and Demel -> Samba. 4 point hit to field 10 players.

Need to reassess the Sturridge one although I think he'll be fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bringing Boruc in and happy enough to go with 10 rather than take a points hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

so glad I've 2 transfers.

will probably do Cashley to Samba and Townsend to Sissoko.

Looking at O'Brien to Samba and might do Mata to Gerrard for a 4 point hit if the Chelsea game is definitely off

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im sure there will be a fair few looking at coutinho now. Fellani to coutinho will be one of my moves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Im sure there will be a fair few looking at coutinho now. Fellani to coutinho will be one of my moves

he's unlikely to be a nailed on starter yet, but yes, potentially an interesting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

2 ft's and not sure what to do.

players not playing in gw29

RVP
    Walcott
    Mata
    Zabaleta
    Fellaini
    Evra
    Pog

want to keep RVP, Walcott, Mata, evra and fellaini in my team so any of them would need to be transferred back in the week after.

I'd lose too much on RVP and walcott so they're out of the equation.
    I don't plan to use pog again this season and have 7 good attacking players so don't want to waste a transfer on him as there's no one else in his price bracket guaranteed to play.

so that leaves

Fellaini, Mata, evra or zab, 2 from them, i'm thinking sissoko for fellaini or else gerrard for mata
    and then not sure what defender to bring in for zab? i could bring in both sissoko and gerrard but then it requires 2 transfers to get fellaini and mata back in, whereas i'm not too fussed about keeping zab.

oh and mata is due to drop .1 tonight so might need to move on that one today or else just take the loss if i do transfer him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I honestly could get less than 10 points during this Gameweek 29 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

First transfer done. Azpil out. Enrique in. 7.5m left in theh bank.
    If all players keep fit, and Sturridge plays, I'll have 10 players as it stands.

I currently have 8 players for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I have:

da Silva
    Sagna
    Mata
    Fellaini
    Walcott
    RVP
    Pog

...all not playing.

I am thinking of taking a 8pt hit to replace da Silva, Sagna and either Mata or Pog.

Will Yanga-Mbia start next week?? I want him in my team for the rest of the season if so. But not sure if I should gamble on it with the gw that's in it. Samba or Olsson are my other potentials.

Then it's either Sissoko for Mata or Remy for Pog.

Thoughts? Mata looks like he'll go down tonight although he's 0.3 higher than what I bought him at so even if he goes down 0.1 I still get the same selling price for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pulled the trigger on Mata to Sissoko,Mata's not been pulling in the points lately & due a drop.Currently have 10 playing & one more FT but who to get is a dillema.

I remember I subbed Mata out before Gameweek 15, after he scored 1,3,1 in his previous three matches.

He then went on to score 7,8,6,11,7,1,14. I subbed him back in for Gameweek 22 and he got me 34 points as captain.

I don't think I'll be selling him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

roryc wrote: »
    I remember I subbed Mata out before Gameweek 15, after he scored 1,3,1 in his previous three matches.

He then went on to score 7,8,6,11,7,1,14. I subbed him back in for Gameweek 22 and he got me 34 points as captain.

I don't think I'll be selling him again.

The way Chelsea are playing these days,I can't see a repeat of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Chelsea got Villa, west ham, southampton and sunderland next few matches.

Mata should play a big role in these games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

If you could transfer in any midfielder just for this gameweek who would you get? I already have Bale and Michu. For some reason I'm very tempted by Taarabt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I know this stat is totally meaningless in Fantasy Football terms but Chelsea had 25 shots today, 19 on target. I didn't see the game so I'm not sure how it finished 1-0, but I like those numbers. Mata stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

irish son wrote: »
    If you could transfer in any midfielder just for this gameweek who would you get? I already have Bale and Michu. For some reason I'm very tempted by Taarabt.

I would be tempted by Taraabt too but he was dropped today. I currently have 10 players for next week; may get rid of Lampard for a 2 week punt on Nzogbia to field 11.

Skippy44 wrote: »
    I would be tempted by Taraabt too but he was dropped today. I currently have 10 players for next week; may get rid of Lampard for a 2 week punt on Nzogbia to field 11.

Yeah just seen he didn't play today, well that's him ruled out, I really need a guaranteed starter this week, probably end up getting Sissoko, I'd say he will be a popular transfer this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

irish son wrote: »
    Yeah just seen he didn't play today, well that's him ruled out, I really need a guaranteed starter this week, probably end up getting Sissoko, I'd say he will be a popular transfer this week.

Sissoko is a decent call, Newcastle's fixtures are fairly good apart from a trip to Eastlands in gw 31. I've already got him so I'm going to punt on Nzog for the next two weeks, Reading (a) and QPR (h), he's been performing ok and they're make or break fixtures for Villa.

• Advertisement

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Sissoko is a decent call, Newcastle's fixtures are fairly good apart from a trip to Eastlands in gw 31. I've already got him so I'm going to punt on Nzog for the next two weeks, Reading (a) and QPR (h), he's been performing ok and they're make or break fixtures for Villa.

Yeah Villa have a nice run in, I got Benteke this week and there is a good chance Ill keep him for the rest of the season. I expect them to do well and stay up.

Advertisement