Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 29 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's getting to the stage in the season where you have to start thinking about bringing in players from the relegation teams, as they will be scrapping for every point.

it's one of the reasons Benteke might be an inspired move, especially with a couple of winnable games coming.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    I'm unsure whether this is good news, probably would have preferred if he had been out. Torn between Sturridge and Benteke, I'm thinking long term though. Whoever I pick I'll likely have until the end of the season.

Benteke, Lambert, Remy. Blow the rest on cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Man23

Daniel sturridge and Luis Suarez have a great chance of scoring against spurs ,I would keep both.

Man23 wrote: »
    Daniel sturridge and Luis Suarez have a great chance of scoring against spurs ,I would keep both.

Welcome to the forum. I would agree although I dont think either will score particularly high. Could be a tight game. Both teams aren't conceding alot of goals.

i'd like some people's thoughts...

Aguero
    > Benteke is done.

but for my other transfer...do i do....

Demel
    > Samba? or
    Townsend
    > Sissoko?

or do i take the 4 point hit and bring all 3 in?

i'm definitely bringing in de Gea the following week to cover Utd's defence for the rest of the season.

i'm slightly stumped :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

SlickRic wrote: »

Aguero
    > Benteke is done.

Demel
    > Samba? or
    Townsend
    > Sissoko?

the other transfer will be in the following week.

Well it would depend on whether or not you can field 11 without transferring Demel out i suppose as Townsend has a game this weekend? If you can then i would say Sissoko is the best bet as he has a better chance for returns!

sorry, i edited my post.

:p

i'm bringing in Utd cover the following week, not the transfer i don't go for if i choose not to take a hit.

it's just a question of whether i should take the hit.

i would see Sissoko and Samba as long term, so maybe I should consider the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

This is one of my hardest weeks of decision making in fpl for a while. Perhaps a bit of advice might help. I've never done this before but would appreciate the feedback. My team is low value due to my late start and my initial cluelessness.

Here is my team.

Bego, Turnbull

Harte, Evans, Dawson, Samba, Davies

Mata, Bale, Puncheon, Walcott, Michu

Aguero, Sturridge, Berbatov.

I have two free transfers and .9m in the bank. Nine likely starters for this week.
    With more than just this week in mind could any of ye spend a few minutes looking at my options, to be honest I'm considering dropping Walcott or Mata for Sissoko, if Michu wasn't playing this week he would be gone but can't do that.
    Id ship mata for sissoko as mata is a slight rotation risk and walcott has that dgw coming up soon. For next week Chelsea play west ham but also play S bucharest on the thursday before so depending on the chelsea team that night you could consider mata back in or Hazard/Lampard. Your actually in pretty good shape for this week id only make one transfer and then if agueros still injured the following week maybe ship him aswell.
    Sorry just realised berba has no game this week maybe him or aguero to lukaku remy lambert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Aguero
    > Benteke is done.

Demel
    > Samba? or
    Townsend
    > Sissoko?

i'm definitely bringing in de Gea the following week to cover Utd's defence for the rest of the season.

If it was me, I'd leave Samba and get Sissoko in.

I'm banking my own transfer. Going to go with ten for the week. No point transferring Zabaleta out, losing .1 million and using another transfer to get him back in in 2 game weeks.

I can't see too many teams that stand out for a clean sheet this week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Id ship mata for sissoko as mata is a slight rotation risk and walcott has that dgw coming up soon. For next week Chelsea play west ham but also play S bucharest on the thursday before so depending on the chelsea team that night you could consider mata back in or Hazard/Lampard. Your actually in pretty good shape for this week id only make one transfer and then if agueros still injured the following week maybe ship him aswell.
    Sorry just realised berba has no game this week maybe him or aguero to lukaku remy lambert

Probably will ship Mata for Sissoko alright but I think I'll dump Evans as well as it's obvious that he's not first choice anymore though I'm sure he'll play at least half the games, I'm leaning towards Enrique over Johnson as he seems to pick up a lot more points for the time he's on the pitch and Liverpool have good fixtures after this week. The folllowing week I might drop Davies for Rafael.

• Advertisement

Probably will ship Mata for Sissoko alright but I think I'll dump Evans as well as it's obvious that he's not first choice anymore though I'm sure he'll play at least half the games, I'm leaning towards Enrique over Johnson as he seems to pick up a lot more points for the time he's on the pitch and Liverpool have good fixtures after this week. The folllowing week I might drop Davies for Rafael.

If u want stoke and utd defensive coverage wilson and ddg would be a good bit cheaper than beg and rafael.It would prob nearly allow u bump davies up to rafeal.Giving u ddg rafael wilson.If thinking of this evans to wilson this week .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

What do you think of Lambert to Benteke (c) just for this round. AV has nice fixtures coming up.

How many players have you got this week? If less than 11 I wouldn't be shipping out one of your starters. Whats your team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I was thinking of getting him too but just a bit of warning, Lindegaard has 8 appearances so far this season so will probably get at least 2 more games to get a medal or is that still how it works:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

irish son wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting him too but just a bit of warning, Lindegaard has 8 appearances so far this season so will probably get at least 2 more games to get a medal or is that still how it works:confused:

Checked this out yesterday . The polish keeper united had a few years back never made 10 appearances but was given special dispensation by PL so he got a medal the 3 times United won it while he was there .

People are overthinking it IMO .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Even if it happens it's not a terrible situation. Goalies don't come on as subs, DDG misses two games your other GK plays, no prob.

If u want stoke and utd defensive coverage wilson and ddg would be a good bit cheaper than beg and rafael.It would prob nearly allow u bump davies up to rafeal.Giving u ddg rafael wilson.If thinking of this evans to wilson this week .

Thank you, that's really good advice but I'm not bothered about Stoke coverage to be honest, I've had Bego all along and will keep him as he'll get a couple more clean sheets and I don't want to waste a transfer on a goalie. From now on I only want defenders that can bring more than the odd 6 points, ideally I'll have Samba, Enrique and Rafael with Harte and Dawson in reserve, all of them are capable of providing 10 to 12 points from time to time.
    Wilson is cheap and I recall him scoring a screamer for Ireland a while back but I can't see him pulling in the big scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

holding off a bit to see if any of the fixtures might be rearranged. as it is i can field 6 :(

manual_man wrote: »
    holding off a bit to see if any of the fixtures might be rearranged. as it is i can field 6 :(

From my understanding if the games arent refixed by tonight they wont go ahead next week as 7 days notice is reqjuired

Brought in Weimann for Anichebe. Waiting 'til Friday evening to transfer out probably Fellaini for Sissoko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

I think ppl are jumping the gun with points hit this week, especially with defenders.

I made a plan have 10 players- without hits and happy with team.
    May take a hit for a DGW player in coming weeks but thats it.

skippy15 wrote: »
    I think ppl are jumping the gun with points hit this week, especially with defenders.

this is why I think i'll leave Samba a week or 2.

i'm more scared that he'll score before I get him in. it's not the clean sheet that I'm worried about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm using this week to make any changes that I've needed to make for a while. My next two transfers are probably Rooney/RVP in and De Gea the following week, so to get rid of Pog and Demel I'll need to take a points hit either way.

Therefore it would be stupid not to use this week to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'm using this week to make any changes that I've needed to make for a while. My next two transfers are probably Rooney/RVP in and De Gea the following week, so to get rid of Pog and Demel I'll need to take a points hit either way.

Therefore it would be stupid not to use this week to do it.

Also looking at getting in De Gea, bit worried though that Lindegaard will get some starts in the run-in. He's guaranteed to get at least two anyway to be eligible for a PL winner's medal.

OctavarIan wrote: »

Also looking at getting in De Gea, bit worried though that Lindegaard will get some starts in the run-in. He's guaranteed to get at least two anyway to be eligible for a PL winner's medal.

Just have a decent sub keeper like Bunn as back up.

I don't think Ruddy is due back yet.

Right lads, need some advice. I have 10 playing and 1 free transfer.

Current team for GW29.

gw29_zps0876edfc.png

So my dilemma is who to transfer out, and who to bring in.

I'd like to bring in a striker but not at the expense of RVP who is the only striker not playing. In midfield, I could get rid of Mata or Walcott but there isn't any player that I want to bring in, even for a few weeks. In defense, I can get rid of Zab but for who? Noone is sticking out.

I'm really considering playing 10 and banking the transfer but there is part of me that is saying it makes no sense.

Anyone with ideas?

• Advertisement

do you want to get rid of Mata, Walcott, VP or Zab?

and are you willing to use a transfer to get one of these 4 back if you are willing to get rid?

if the answer to both of these questions is "no"...you have your answer. bank the transfer.

if you are willing to let go of one for a week or 2, i'd choose Mata as you won't lose much money and he gives you scope to get in anyone. get in Sessegnon? Snodgrass? N'Zogbia? Hoilett?

if none of these take your fancy for the week, just bank it. you're wasting 2 points minimum in the short term, but you're not loaded with a player you don't want long term.

i hope that makes sense!

I noticed that Walcott was due to go down in price last night and I was able to lose no money transferring him out for Sissoko, I'm probably gonna bring him back in next week and will likely sacrifice Michu unless he does something at the weekend, even then Swansea have a difficult run in with no DGW's and little to play for. For some reason I had it in my head that Sissoko was cup tied for Europe so that along with the fact that Walcott didn't go down despite being at 100% is a bit of a worry.

I'll probably use my other free to bring in Enrique for Evans but I may go for Johnson although I'm not sure he's worth the extra .5m.
    This will give me 11 in a 5-4-1 formation and still see's me in good shape for upcoming dgw's.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Right lads, need some advice. I have 10 playing and 1 free transfer.

Current team for GW29.

gw29_zps0876edfc.png

So my dilemma is who to transfer out, and who to bring in.

I'd like to bring in a striker but not at the expense of RVP who is the only striker not playing. In midfield, I could get rid of Mata or Walcott but there isn't any player that I want to bring in, even for a few weeks. In defense, I can get rid of Zab but for who? Noone is sticking out.

I'm really considering playing 10 and banking the transfer but there is part of me that is saying it makes no sense.

Anyone with ideas?

I'm in an almost identical situation. I sat down yesterday and looked at all my options in depth and the only one that made sense was banking the transfer.

I was looking at transferring Zabaleta out for a defender who will probably get 1 or 2 points to only waste another transfer getting him back in.

He almost scored Monday night and played well so I think he's a defender who is due some bonus and goal points soon.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm in an almost identical situation. I sat down yesterday and looked at all my options in depth and the only one that made sense was banking the transfer.

I was looking at transferring Zabaleta out for a defender who will probably get 1 or 2 points to only waste another transfer getting him back in.

He almost scored Monday night and played well so I think he's a defender who is due some bonus and goal points soon.

Have you a wildcard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have 9 players available with 1 free transfer. Right now I'm tempted by:

Mata out, Sissoko in: Stoke can't seem to keep a clean sheet, so he's a good candidate for a decent haul this GW. Though with Chelsea desperate for 4th you'd imagine Rafa will need his best players starting most weeks; meaning I'm not convinced that this is a great move long-term.

Aguero out, ??? in: I only got Aguero in two GWs ago in place of Suarez. I'm tempted to swallow my pride and reverse the transfer, but I already have Sturridge and I'm not sure about doubling up - especially with a tricky fixture this GW. Other options I'm considering are Benteke (but I just don't trust Villa, no matter what the fixture) and Lambert. But three fixtures aside (Everton, United, Spurs, all away) City have a great run-in on paper so again, I'm not sure this is a good idea long-term.

• Advertisement

Have you a wildcard?

Nope. Squandered it early. My team for the weekend is the same as yours bar Hill for Clyne and Suarez for Sturridge.

Here's one for you. I see you have Bale captain. Would you still go with him if you had Suarez? I'm torn between the two and last GW took the wrong option.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Nope. Squandered it early. My team for the weekend is the same as yours bar Hill for Clyne and Suarez for Sturridge.

Here's one for you. I see you have Bale captain. Would you still go with him if you had Suarez? I'm torn between the two and last GW took the wrong option.

Oh that's just from last week. Haven't even considered my captaincy choice yet. Would probably go with Suarez but Bale vs Carragher is lol-inducing. If Bale has half a brain, he'll target Carragher.

I have my wildcard and if the GW29 rescheduled fixtures are spread across a number of weeks, I may WC GW30 thus wasting the FT banked from this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Shane Long doubtful for the weekend, should guarantee Lukaku the full 90:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/8545897/clarke-wants-odemwingie-support

im considering fellani to hoillet anyone know what position he played for qpr last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

im considering fellani to hoillet anyone know what position he played for qpr last week.
    I think he played on the left of the front 3.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    I think he played on the left of the front 3.

thanks for that I think Ill get him in he got an assist last week and was decent for blackburn last year 7 goals. Assume hes just returning from injury will need him this week but going forward he will be the odd man out from my front 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Theo and Tevez out, Bale and Lukaku in.
    Bale to the Captain this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

This is probably the most boring transfer so far but have dropped A.Cole for Wilson - all part of my masterplan to bring RVP back in next GW...

Sturridge is off injured status on fpl, it's probably worth seeing how Liverpool set up on Sunday and how they play before jumping ship to Suarez considering the price difference.
    Aguero's injury could keep him out of next weeks game but I'm happy to hold him for the moment and play with one(Sturridge) up front this week.

Nonetheless this promises to be an interesting week and while none of the fixtures would inspire hope for big scores many of the more casual players will be looking at their teams tonight or tomorrow and not knowing what to do, I'm guessing that quite a few will only have
    5 or 6 players, if things go well there could be some serious ground made.
    There will surely be a huge amount of transfers made and I suppose we can expect a big surge in Bale's ownership, he's currently at 30%.

Pog + Demel OUT
    Samba + Benteke IN

4 point hit to field 10. Not willing to part with Walcott, Mata, Zabaleta or Evra.

Went with Benteke over Sturridge, which is a gamble. Bale as captain.

es24yg.png

• Advertisement

Pog + Demel OUT
    Samba + Benteke IN

4 point hit to field 10. Not willing to part with Walcott, Mata, Zabaleta or Evra.

Went with Benteke over Sturridge, which is a gamble. Bale as captain.

es24yg.png

I really dont see Benteke over Suarez as a gamble. I definatley prefer Beneke tbh, especially since you have Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Whose playing in goals for Newcastle? If it's Elliot at 4.0 might not be a bad option? Need to egt rid of Federici. His injury couldn't have come at a worse time!

I really dont see Benteke over Sturridge as a gamble. I definatley prefer Beneke tbh, especially since you have Suarez.

fyp...

I think it's more because by going with Benteke I'm limiting myself a bit for bringing RVP back. If I had gone with the front three of Suarez, Sturridge and Lambert, and Sturridge forces Suarez into a deeper role as expected, then I wouldn't feel too bad about upgrading Suarez to RVP and holding on to Sturridge, as had been my original plan.

Now though, I'm forced to hold on to Suarez as otherwise I don't have any Liverpool strikers, and they have a great run coming up. I don't believe in needing 'cover' for a team but everything comes through these two. This means I can't really get in RVP as I'm about £3m short from upgrading Benteke or Lambert.

Based on current form, I'm not convinced I'll even be getting RVP back in. Lambert and Benteke have a lot more to play for, and Suarez is king atm. A Sturridge injury would be perfect tbh.

a 4pt hit, if you're bringing in someone who will play 90 minutes for someone whose not playing, is a very low risk strategy this week.

this is especially true if those you're bringing in are long term picks.

i'm in a pickle-ish...looking at GW 30...

if i take a hit to bring in Samba, Sissoko and Benteke...i'll be left with a front 8 of Bale (Fulham H), Walcott (Swansea A), Mata (West Ham H), Michu (Arsenal H), Sissoko (Wigan A), Benteke (QPR H), Sturridge (Saints A), RVP (Reading H).

who the fúck will I be able to drop next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

a 4pt hit, if you're bringing in someone who will play 90 minutes for someone whose not playing, is a very low risk strategy this week.

this is especially true if those you're bringing in are long term picks.

i'm in a pickle-ish...looking at GW 30...

if i take a hit to bring in Samba, Sissoko and Benteke...i'll be left with a front 8 of Bale (Fulham H), Walcott (Swansea A), Mata (West Ham H), Michu (Arsenal H), Sissoko (Wigan A), Benteke (QPR H), Sturridge (Saints A), RVP (Reading H).

who the fúck will I be able to drop next week?

Haha this is one of those GOOD problems to have ;)

I'm in the same boat, which is why I've shied away from having a strong front three all season. The RVP move and Pog being a c*nt has forced me into having the attacking players above.

If RVP hits form and Anichebe gets his game again I may go back to the old way, especially with Evertons DGW in 33 still a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Whose playing in goals for Newcastle? If it's Elliot at 4.0 might not be a bad option? Need to egt rid of Federici. His injury couldn't have come at a worse time!

Elliot played last night anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just got Benteke in for Ageuro. Going to hold onto Walcott as he will be important for future weeks.

Im debating Fellani
    > Sissoko as my other free tensfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Demel, Mata and Walcott out for Carragher, Lennon and Couthinho costing 4 points. Have 4 million in the bank now so will be able to have a front line next week of RVP, Lambert, and Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm thinking of Shawcross to Zabaleta and Anichebe to Lukaku???

Advertisement