Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

working as a nurse in Wellington.

• 02-03-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all! I'm a newbie here.. just recently offered a job in Windy Wellington for a role of a Theatre Nurse in one of the largest chain of private hospitals in New Zealand. Anybody have an idea how is it working there in the private sector and is there a big difference in the pay for public and private sector nurses? :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Wakefield and Bowen are nice facilities but a little older then the new CCDHB Wellington Regional hospital. There isnt a huge difference in pay these days as the CCDHB knows its got to pay well to keep their staff from moving over to private but it depends on your experience. Public might give you more variety and chance to get wider experience with a different range of patients, private might see you stick more in one field such as spinal or gynae etc and you'll find a tighter control on costs such as drugs and equipment etc. This is secondhand from a theatre nurse friend who has pogo'd between both employers and now back at public :) I myself worked at public for many years but in imaging, seen a lot of staff bounce between public/private during my time there. Sure give private a go, if you decide to move over to public I doubt you'll have any issues getting a job there :)

Advertisement