Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which eircom supplied router is best?

• 02-03-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to replace a tired old WI-FI router and I see lots of eircom supplied ones for sale on Adverts.

There's a lot of different makes, models and prices.
    Can anyone suggest one with good coverage and sync speed?
    Are any of the eircom supplied ones wireless N?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Always found the Netopia to be the best of the Eircom supplied routers. Very reliable and rarely drop signal. . i rarely get above 3.5mbps but have never had a technical problem in over 3 years. The Zyxel ones are about as useful as a brick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yeah, the Motorolla Netopia is miles better than the crappy black Zyxel one they supply. The Zyxel suffers with a wpa re-authentication issue where it kicks wireless clients and makes them re-authenticate every few minutes making it useless for gaming or anything that needs continuous connection.

Advertisement