Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

It was my 30th a few weeks ago and my girlfriend wasnt working at the time so couldnt get me anything, and she got her paycheck last week from her new job and after a few days hinted she had got me something from it. After a few days of teasing me about what she got me, "rocket ship", "submarine", etc, today after a few drinks she said "plane" and then tried to take it back. It turns out she has gotten me this:

42025_a_image.png?l.r=1923960317

The cargo plane. :D:D:D:D

It should be arriving by post any day now. I'll post up pics when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looking at this thread makes me so jealous! I have sets in my parents house for years ago, with partially missing pieces, must see if I can find them! Had airport, two police stations (one had a separate jail cell!) and a fire station.

Where does everyone keep their completed builds or do you just un-build them?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭HorseSea

I think most people unbuild them, personally once they are built once they go in with all the other LEGO parts, very few sets are kept separate, I just don't have the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have all my prized ones on display, have limited space in my current living situation so I have a bit of rotation going on.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I'm normally only a Technics man, but I pulled the trigger on 10244 The Fairground Mixer today, it looks like great fun to build

http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Fairground-Mixer-10244

lego-fairground-mixer-10244-023_medium.JPG

10244-LEGO-Creator-Fairground-Mixer-Semi-Truck-Side-View-e1398537023614-640x250.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Hi again everybody, fixed up my Batman set with parts from Brick Owl! Check it out on Adverts.ie. Also, I am looking for a large set, preferably a modular. Trades anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Added the Container Truck to the collection last week, it's the first of this years sets that I've purchased. I fear the summer will be an expensive time for me as I try to catch up. Along with the release of the 2014 flagships models.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

WP_20140502_001.jpg
    WP_20140502_002.jpg
    WP_20140502_003.jpg
    WP_20140502_004.jpg
    WP_20140502_005.jpg
    Couldn't resist buying this one recently! Have it in a cabinet now beside a load of Nanoblocks sets which makes it look massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

g0g wrote: »
    WP_20140502_001.jpg
    WP_20140502_002.jpg
    WP_20140502_003.jpg
    WP_20140502_004.jpg
    WP_20140502_005.jpg
    Couldn't resist buying this one recently! Have it in a cabinet now beside a load of Nanoblocks sets which makes it look massive!

Well done on actually getting it. I've never actually seen it available for sale on S&H, it seems to be constantly sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭HorseSea

It looks great in the photos. The stickers put me off though - I hate stickers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Looking forward to the new Lego City Artic theme sets coming out, going to pick up 60035 first I reckon, looks great.

140511c-lego-city-arctic-60035-arctic-outpost.jpg

Well done on actually getting it. I've never actually seen it available for sale on S&H, it seems to be constantly sold out.
    Yeah it wasn't in stock when I ordered either, but I decided I'd be happy enough to wait a month or two and be surprised when it showed up!
    HorseSea wrote: »
    It looks great in the photos. The stickers put me off though - I hate stickers.
    Completely agree, and when I was making the giant crane last year I never put any stickers on it. Longer term they just flake away and look terrible. However, I think this set would be fairly lost without them! The branding actually looks good on the containers and you need it for the display plaque too! Took a while though as each work Maersk is a separate sticker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

It looks really good, but there are so many containers they could have justified printing Maersk onto them. How long is the completed set, looks quite long.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

It looks really good, but there are so many containers they could have justified printing Maersk onto them. How long is the completed set, looks quite long.
    From memory I think the box said about 60cm length. At first I was disappointed making the base as I thought it'd look longer, but once it was built up I was a lot more impressed. First non-technic model I've made in years bar my wedding cake display! :)

I got 1030+1031 & 1032+1033 on ebay recently. They tend to be arond €150 on bricklink but I was the only bidder £15 each! Postage was a bit expensive.

I got 852 about 2 weeks ago. Nice but smells of pipe smoke which I hope will wear off!
    I built 857 recently from scraps and bricklink parts orders.
    I am working on 8858 from parts, no rush! Real versions tend to be very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Early birthday presents are the best!

308943.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Having a lego store half way between my boyfriends house and mine is actually just evil. Every time I go I spend way too much time in there and way too much money. My current purchases...

1) lego mixer

Creator-Expert-LEGO-Fairground-Mixer-10244-Toysnbricks.jpg

2) vw campervan

10220_back001.jpg?l.r=1184730812

3) ghostbusters

1392561208317.jpg

I'm gonna be building for a long time!

I'm moving in 2 months and got the simpsons house and 2 modulars as well to move. Thank god for those brick separators. Makes disassembling it a lot easier

REally want that Ghostbusters car!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Just bought The Lord Businesses Evil lair and the super cycle chase in Argos. After reductions and vouchers, I only paid 80 euro for them. BARGAIN ALERT! The two sets include all the key minifigures: Emmett, Wyldstyle, Vitruvius, Lord Business, Uni Kitty and about ten miscellaneous others. Delighted with these two fantastic sets. Also, Lego batman 2006 set has been reduced to 100 EURO FREE POSTAGE. Rare set that looks great on display. One of these sold on ebay sold for 130 without a box recently. Check out the adverts ad for more details. Happy building guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

the-ging wrote: »

These all went live on Lego Shop at Home this morning. Argos' prices for the Movie sets are €5 above RRP, but their Ghostbusters is €9 above RRP, see here:

http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Ghostbusters-Ecto-1-21108?fromListing=listing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Arciphel wrote: »
    Looking forward to the new Lego City Artic theme sets coming out, going to pick up 60035 first I reckon, looks great.

Looks like a cool theme.

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-City/subtheme-Arctic

The wife bought me a 10188 Death Star in Smyths at the weekend, life is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Bought metal beards duel, the melting room and waiting for a response on a few movie polybags and figures. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!

Got Anakin's Jedi Interceptor and Grevious Wheel Bike for E20 each in Smyths during the week. The Interceptor is cool if fairly unremarkable, but the wheel bike is great, very posable with the four legs and the big wheel in the centre gives it a sort of Steampunk feel almost, wasn't expecting to be as taken with it as I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

And Maggie makes sixteen. This is the first CMF line that I've completed. No real interest in doing that before. I've also been extremely lucky with them. They're really easy to discern, but 11 blind picks from four different stores resulted in only one duplicate. I managed to pick up 5 braves in a recent set, practically had a reservation there.

Also, Ecto 1 arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I bought the Ghostbusters set as a late birthday present for my son (age 29 :D)
    He was chuffed, major brownie points for me.

PaddyFagan wrote: »

Very taken with this - back to the 80's

Paddy

Tempted to get this. Reminded me of the space ship set I had as a kid. (497 based on a quick bing).

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote: »

Got the full range of 8 (including 30310) and made them all this weekend. They are all cool, love the snow plows and the tracked drilling truck.

Considering making a 'diorama' for the range.

Advertisement