Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Love the wee hoods on those guys.

Bought and built the ghostbusters car, it's cool as anything.
    Also picked up the winter market this week. My collection is mainly older sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

madalig12 wrote: »
    Love the wee hoods on those guys.

The blue is a bit misleading in that pic. It's more like the standard lego blue,

Can you post some pics with the doors open on those trucks?

Can you post some pics with the doors open on those trucks?

Sure, here you go.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Sure, here you go.
    Nice set!

• Advertisement

That is class, it's a huge set. Cheers for the pics.

That is class, it's a huge set. Cheers for the pics.

No problem - that's the full 8 sets in the sub theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Arciphel wrote: »
    Looking forward to the new Lego City Artic theme sets coming out, going to pick up 60035 first I reckon, looks great.

140511c-lego-city-arctic-60035-arctic-outpost.jpg

8 year old me would have gone crazy for that theme.

Tbh, If I had more room, 30 year old me would probably go crazy for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

No problem - that's the full 8 sets in the sub theme.

@Authur - quick question if I may?

My daughter (6) is lusting after a polar bear - they're included in two sets:
    * 60062-1: Arctic Icebreaker
    * 60036-1: Arctic Base Camp

Any comments between the two on playability? Likely to be christmas pressie, so thinking ahead...

Thanks

Paddy

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    @Authur - quick question if I may?

My daughter (6) is lusting after a polar bear - they're included in two sets:
    * 60062-1: Arctic Icebreaker
    * 60036-1: Arctic Base Camp

Any comments between the two on playability? Likely to be christmas pressie, so thinking ahead...

Thanks

Paddy

Hi, I only built them this weekend and I'm in my 30's so for what it's worth:

Both have a helicopter.
    Both have dog sleigh.
    Both have a skidoo.

Both have a tracked vehicle, both cool but the driller one in the base camp set is cooler.
    Both have a lab, smaller one in the icebreaker set.
    The icebreaker ship is very cool (and it floats), better that the larger lab for playability.

I'd go with the icebreaker set as you get the ship and a lab meaning more flexibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi, I only built them this weekend and I'm in my 30's so for what it's worth:

Thanks Arthur- I suspect you and I are very close in age given the comments about Benny's spaceship. That's really useful, I'll keep an eye out for offers on the icebreaker over the rest of the year.

Thanks again,
    Paddy

Built the Mobile Crane Mk II over the weekend: http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Mobile-Crane-MK-II-42009

It rekindled my interest in Technics, so I bought a Unimog on ebay this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Got myself the Pet Shop on Friday, finished building it today. I am awestruck having connected it to the Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade, they look incredible all together.

Got myself the Pet Shop on Friday, finished building it today. I am awestruck having connected it to the Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade, they look incredible all together.

Have you any pictures of the three together? Those modular buildings look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

The daughter is looking for some of the Arctic stuff for her birthday-she saved her money for the last year as we were going on hols, she bought a minecraft Lego set, and the Simpsons house-as well as all 16 in the Minifigures set. I'm not allowed touch the house!!

I bought the Simpsons house also, I can't bring myself to open the box yet:eek:

Have you any pictures of the three together? Those modular buildings look amazing.

I'll post one later! They do look incredible together. After I got the first building (Grand Emporium), I thought it was really cool, but wasn't entirely sold on the series. When I took the plunge on the second (Fire Brigade) and put two together, it was my new favourite theme. The Pet Shop thrown in is just fantastic. Going to get Town Hall next, though I'm actually looking forward to the Palace Cinema more.

I'll post one later! They do look incredible together. After I got the first building (Grand Emporium), I thought it was really cool, but wasn't entirely sold on the series. When I took the plunge on the second (Fire Brigade) and put two together, it was my new favourite theme. The Pet Shop thrown in is just fantastic. Going to get Town Hall next, though I'm actually looking forward to the Palace Cinema more.

The palace cinema looks great. I haven't took the plunge on any of them yet but plan to...eventually!

Pictures don't really do them justice IMO, but have one attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I bought the Simpsons house also, I can't bring myself to open the box yet:eek:

It's amazing, get it opened. Took her 3 evenings after homework and a Saturday morning to build. I'm not sure what it's like inside when fully built-she's 9, and very protective of lego(my clumsiness doesn't help)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

The Simpsons house is probably one of the best sets I have ever seen Lego put out. I was designed by Marcos Bessa, the same designer for 2013 Arkham Asylum {one of my personal favourites} and the Ewok Village. I put a good request in for a Christmas present to the golden oldies,[ I'm 14 ] they nearly collapsed at the price tag. : ] Also won an auction on Ebay for the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Temple set. Arriving from the UK in a week or so.:D

Kinda tempted to buy one a month of the winter village series so I'd have them all for christmas, think it would make a nice scene on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

God I would have killed for those Arctic Ice Breaker and Base Camp sets when I was a kid...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Modular stuff is very expensive! Almost bought the fire house but I picked this up last week and thoroughly enjoyed building it

10406958_10152551261258384_1961518771451599931_n.jpg?oh=5f74e41439ab8d4b432e63f2b6a542a6&oe=5415E4C8

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

I'm gonna do something a bit off the wall here, but hopefully it will help people sell their Lego sets that are taking up room, have been duplicated { there is always that one Aunt at Christmas who does this } or just aren't needed. Im am going to start a LEGO AUCTION FORUM on the site. Make sure to take a look guys, and happy biddding!

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I'm gonna do something a bit off the wall here, but hopefully it will help people sell their Lego sets that are taking up room, have been duplicated { there is always that one Aunt at Christmas who does this } or just aren't needed. Im am going to start a LEGO AUCTION FORUM on the site. Make sure to take a look guys, and happy biddding!

This is not a good idea, you'll likely be directed to Adverts instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Not to derail this thread but I agree with Spocker. For one I can't see the Boards Admins allowing this as it would be in conflict with Adverts. Also bidding via PM is just asking for trouble and open to so much exploitation it just can't be a good thing.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Just bought our daughter the Lego Simpsons house for her 5th birthday, her dad is hoping she'll stop playing with her lego movie and simpsons mini figs in his lego death star. plus she enjoyed helping him build the death star last christmas so i am hoping she'll enjoy building this.

we are fairly lego mad in this house, even had a lego wedding cake! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Mc Love wrote: »
    The Modular stuff is very expensive! Almost bought the fire house but I picked this up last week and thoroughly enjoyed building it

10406958_10152551261258384_1961518771451599931_n.jpg?oh=5f74e41439ab8d4b432e63f2b6a542a6&oe=5415E4C8

Ecto-1 is one of those sets that photograph well and yet, still manage to be look even better in person. I'd buy the Firehouse if you see on the shelf. It's been discontinued and it'll only get more expensive. Ecto1 also looks great with the modulars.

• Advertisement

Ecto-1 is one of those sets that photograph well and yet, still manage to be look even better in person. I'd buy the Firehouse if you see on the shelf. It's been discontinued and it'll only get more expensive. Ecto1 also looks great with the modulars.

Dont know why they didnt go with a no stud bonnet tho.

Advertisement