Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

madalig12 wrote: »
    Sorry. Its the winter village collection. Market, cottage and post office.

They are amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

When I get all five completed ill set them up as a display for a few pics then away till christmas. looking for the small Xmas tree seller piece if anyone wants rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

When I get all five completed ill set them up as a display for a few pics then away till christmas. looking for the small Xmas tree seller piece if anyone wants rid.
    They are amazing displayed together. Here's a video I made of mine last Christmas:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

I prordered three minecraft sets for november in smyths today. Im quite the MCPE addict if there is any of those on this forum. : ] All look great, hoping the pickaxe in the cave set is the same mold as steve's diamond one from 21116. Got the

The Cave
    The first night
    The farm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Went on a bit of a technic shopping spree with all of the offers of late, bought the following.

Volvo Wheel Loader
    42030-1.jpg

Customised Pick Up
    42029-1.jpg

Black Champion Racer
    42026-1.jpg

Cargo Plane - I really only wanted this for the B model
    42025-1.jpg

Twin Rotor Helicopter
    42020-1.jpg

Moto Cross Bike
    42007-1.jpg

That's me done for the year I think unless I get the Tumbler, but that would be closer to Christmas.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Picked up a few bits the last week... should keep me going a while...

Simpsons House
    Maersk Line Triple-E - Built
    Mini Cooper
    Ghostbusters Ecto-1 - Built
    LEGO House (architecture series) - Built
    And still have to build R2D2 & Red Five X-Wing... I need to take a few weeks off!

10653772_10153251993414899_6220038572190916640_n.jpg
    Building the containers and adding the stickers takes a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That's me done for the year I think unless I get the Tumbler, but that would be closer to Christmas.

There is a lot of building in that Cargo Plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Picked up two of the new CMFs. Is it just me, or has the quality of these dropped again. I know they've always been slightly inferior, but these new ones are really loose out of the packet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Picked up two of the new CMFs. Is it just me, or has the quality of these dropped again. I know they've always been slightly inferior, but these new ones are really loose out of the packet.

Excuse the ignorance, what's CMF?

Excuse the ignorance, what's CMF?

Collectible Minifigs. Seems to be a good few people complaining about quality in this set. I've emailed TLG with a complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭HorseSea

Yes quality of latest series is really poor, Jester head part won't stay on at all.

Latest purchase Volvo 42030 - great build, nice finished model and non of the faults of previous large Technic sets, like the Unimog, although the steering on the Volvo could have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i wanna start collecting lego i really like the architecture series and the ghostbusters and simpsons... wheres best place to buy lego?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

i wanna start collecting lego i really like the architecture series and the ghostbusters and simpsons... wheres best place to buy lego?
    If you're getting a good bit then the online shop is best with free delivery on larger orders plus you get VIP points which will let you buy more Lego cheaper later on!

For older sets I'd try adverts.ie or eBay.

If you want local then Smyth's (esp when sales on) or Argos (3 for 2 on toys from this week I think).

g0g wrote: »
    If you're getting a good bit then the online shop is best with free delivery on larger orders plus you get VIP points which will let you buy more Lego cheaper later on!

For older sets I'd try adverts.ie or eBay.

If you want local then Smyth's (esp when sales on) or Argos (3 for 2 on toys from this week I think).
    Thanks a lot I'll keep an eye on argos so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

Just wondering; do ye buy the Lego advent calendars?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Architecture series is a waste of time imo, such a wasted opportunity, read a review, look at the pics, save your money for something good. They're lazy design and overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

HobbyMan wrote: »
    Just wondering; do ye buy the Lego advent calendars?

For the kids, no. Personally, I think that having them open a small toy every single day until Christmas Day waters down the Christmas/Santa experience. I wouldn't begrudge others buying them for their kids but that's a personal thought of mine so we don't buy them. Having said that, there is always one or who interesting pieces/minifigs in them that have both me and the kids salivating over them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

For anyone looking to buy a few sets for Christmas. Argos have their buy 3 toys and get the cheapest one free from today.
    I have the cargo plane reserved aswel as a few bits for my small one.

Thargor wrote: »
    Architecture series is a waste of time imo, such a wasted opportunity, read a review, look at the pics, save your money for something good. They're lazy design and overpriced.

It's not that they're lazy designs, I think it's the scale that the problem. The details of the buildings - or even the basic shape - they're trying to capture are impossible in such small models and you end up with this incredibly rough approximation that completely misses what makes them iconic buildings in the first place. Some are okay but for the most part they're ****e.

If they really wanted to do these building justice I really think they'd be better off going for limited large scale sets... but then again how many people are willing to pay that huge premium. I'd imagine their current strategy is very profitable. As an example..

brickpicker_set_21012_1.jpg

10234?$main$

It reminds me off this...
    _62447895_frescopic.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I've been looking and lusting after the Super Star Destroyer for almost two years now and kept talking myself out of it. I'm a grown adult etc. couldn't rationalise / justify buying it etc, yet anytime I went Christmas or Birthday present shopping for my younger relatives I'd always gravitate to the Lego section in Smyths and stand there longingly before walking away.

I found out last week that the SSD had recently been discontinued & realised just how much I wanted it and was genuinely heartbroken that I hadn't bought it.

I was 35 yesterday and my parents produced this for my present:

IMG_1148.jpg

Needless to say I'm like a child who's Christmases have all come at once.

:)

• Advertisement

I recently built the blue 8888 excavator from bricklink orders and surplus bits I had.
    Would recommend it as an antidote to modern studless nonsense. Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭lostboy75

Fratello wrote: »
    I recently built the blue 8888 excavator from bricklink orders and surplus bits I had.
    Would recommend it as an antidote to modern studless nonsense. Bah!

Had to look that one up and its pretty cool, think I prefer the old ways

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well I've been mad to get some star wars lego , and working in a haunted house over halloween gave me a bit of extra cash to play about with I wanted something big ...1st i settled on the AT-AT , but then i saw her.....and could not resist I know its an extra couple of quid but screw it , Been at it most of the night now and only past the 1st lot of bags can't believe I didn't like Lego when i was a youngfella 30 now like and i find it the most relaxing thing ever

Few people scoffed at me but feic it i don't drink and most people spend the bones of a 100 quid on a night out with nothing to show for it :D

today i bought 3 technics :D my wife is gonna kill me

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Picked up the Red 5 X Wing earlier (10240), €151 and change, from Argos. Ironic that Argos usually has a bump up compared to the usual best price options for products in general, but this set was 50 quid cheaper than most other places, including the Lego store. Gonna get a Porkins or Luke pilot minifig for it too from bricklink!

I ordered the tumbler...my wife might kill me more.

I ordered the tumbler...my wife might kill me more.
    oooooooh fancy pants

oooooooh fancy pants

To the batcave......errrr ...Attic Batman!!!! Hide!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

This is my son Sean's latest present (from Granny).

He is still playing with it a few days later so its a great success. :-)

Little does he know what Santa will bring. ;-)

• Advertisement

Had an order for presents arrive this week and I've just assembled the latest Christmas Lego Store freebie. Really nice little set. 127 pieces in a nice sturdy box. The two minifigs are really surprising. Danish made. The second I took them out of the bag, I could tell they were a much higher quality than the poor quality Chinese made CMF that TLG are charging almost 4 euro a pop for.

They're cunning though, I now want to start collecting the Winter Village scene stuff.

Advertisement