Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

The child has decided that she wants to focus her lego buying abilities on minifigure blind bags now. We completed the latest set during the week-I'd say the toy shop will be delighted we arent in every week feeling packets!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The child has decided that she wants to focus her lego buying abilities on minifigure blind bags now. We completed the latest set during the week-I'd say the toy shop will be delighted we arent in every week feeling packets!

If you're buying more in future, Toymaster in Dublin (I would presume other Toymaster stores offer the same deal) have their blind bags at 3euro each and have a stamp system so that if you buy 5 (doesn't have to be all at once) you get a sixth free. Far cheaper overall :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

My son has finished savouring making each bit of his ewok village, in between making other stuff he got for Christmas.

6Qf6Ms.jpg

(sorry if image is huge, on phone and can't resize)

Rhyme wrote: »
    If you're buying more in future, Toymaster in Dublin (I would presume other Toymaster stores offer the same deal) have their blind bags at 3euro each and have a stamp system so that if you buy 5 (doesn't have to be all at once) you get a sixth free. Far cheaper overall :)

WAAAY outside Dublin, and our toy master is closed. But I'll keep it in mind, we have yet to double up on one, so not all bad, I buy 1 a week, and granny buys 1 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

WAAAY outside Dublin, and our toy master is closed. But I'll keep it in mind, we have yet to double up on one, so not all bad, I buy 1 a week, and granny buys 1 a week.

Do you have your mother feeling up minifigure bags too?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement

Do you have your mother feeling up minifigure bags too?

Nope, she hasn't a clue, she sends €2.90 up for her a week. Lol. My girl is amazed that people buy them without checking to see what's in the bags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

I did my first ebay lego purchase attempt and got the Lego Fire Plane set (4209) paid £19.99 for it. I am quite pleased but not half as pleased as my son is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

My plan to collect the winter village sets is underway. Picked up 10229 Winter Village on eBay. Price wasn't great, but nowhere near as bad as ive seen. I've yet to use brick link, but I'm kind of disappointed at the prices there. Was hoping it'd be a bit cheaper. Prices of 10199 are horrifying. Going to budget one very two months, but won't be picking up anything else during the year. I genuinely worry that I'm slightly addicted to acquiring Lego. Seriously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I genuinely worry that I'm slightly addicted to acquiring Lego. Seriously.

I'm dying to buy a bunch of things & im surprised I have held out this long. That Helicarrier though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

^^^ I need serious help...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I bought this second hand a few months ago, it was missing parts and some tubing. Nice to see it back to its former glory.

Deedsie wrote: »
    I bought this second hand a few months ago, it was missing parts and some tubing. Nice to see it back to its former glory.

This is how it was when I bought it. Only had 3 wheels

This is how it was when I bought it. Only had 3 wheels

One final pic with the fully working crane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

One final pic with the fully working crane
    Great set, got it for Christmas in the early/mid 90's I think. Biggest set I'd ever had at that stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

madalig12 wrote: »
    ^^^ I need serious help...

I bought the sea cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Looking to buy a train, preferably with tracks and/or a power functions setup? Also, bought the hulkbuster smash, pirates chess set and the mini cooper. :]

Looking to buy a train, preferably with tracks and/or a power functions setup? Also, bought the hulkbuster smash, pirates chess set and the mini cooper. :]

What do you think of the Hulkbuster smash? I picked up the Iron man vs Ultron set last weekend & am thinking of picking up the Hulkbuster in the next few days but can't decide if it's worth the €40 or not.

What do you think of the Hulkbuster smash? I picked up the Iron man vs Ultron set last weekend & am thinking of picking up the Hulkbuster in the next few days but can't decide if it's worth the €40 or not.

It's a little bit overpriced, but the Hulkbuster is just epic. If u want a hulk set, i'd go for the hydra base smash, it's better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

I saw the hulk buster set in debenhams at the wkend,it was priced at €36,few quid cheaper than SMYTHS but worth it

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »
    I saw the hulk buster set in debenhams at the wkend,it was priced at €36,few quid cheaper than SMYTHS but worth it

Nice one I'll pick it up there so. It's €35 on the Lego site but out of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

just bought Highspeed Passenger Train 60051 for €82.99 in Argos.

Got lucky because it was only available in that store not online.
    Might be checking the argos near you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »

When I saw the hulkbuster in the trailer for Ironman 3, I got really excited because I wanted to see it in action. Only saw it for about 20 seconds in the movie. Very tempted by this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Missed out on a few auctions for Christmas sets and rather than doing the sensible things and saving the money, I decided to bricklink a set. Any guesses?

I'm so excited for Lego Dimensions in September! I'm a big fan of Disney Infinity, so I'll probably get all of them except the ninjago ones. Favourites: BTTF and The Wizard of Oz

Others: lego movie, dc superheroes and LOTR.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

how much cheaper, if it is, to bricklink a set, 10% 20% or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

when you say "to bricklink" do you mean to part out a set? it really depends on the set, I don't think there is a general rule. The biggest issue I have found is getting all the parts from as few sellers as possible, as postage is a killer for small quantities of parts.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I've lots of lego and can guess at what sets they came from but probably don't have all the parts anymore....

but if I was to build the sets from scratch and buy all the parts online (say from lego) would it be cheaper versus buying the complete set / box etc....

when you say "to bricklink" do you mean to part out a set? it really depends on the set, I don't think there is a general rule. The biggest issue I have found is getting all the parts from as few sellers as possible, as postage is a killer for small quantities of parts.

This! I've been building a batcave & Tumbler MOC recently. The pieces themselves have been cheap enough to get but when you pay postage from 4/5 different countries it gets expensive quickly.

you'll have to stick a pic up!

• Advertisement

jrby wrote: »
    you'll have to stick a pic up!

It's not finished yet, I actually have a fair bit left to do but I'll fire some pics up that I took for a batman obsessed work colleague. Can also post a link to the parts/instructions for the tumbler if anyone is interested.

Advertisement