Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Deedsie wrote: »
    Picked this up last week. Thoroughly enjoyable build, the landing gear is class...

Very nice. Have a real weakness for technic aircraft myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Very nice. Have a real weakness for technic aircraft myself.

It was a really enjoyable build, I like the older technic stuff. Just can't warm to the modern style. Have 6 technic models from the 90's now. Not sure which set to look around for next.

The two attached were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

So has anyone got the Kwik E Mart?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Asked for it for xmas, smyths 20% sale coming mid september

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Yep, got it the week it was released. I have the Simpsons House too and there are so many little details in both. I'd definitely recommend either of them.

The only problem is finding somewhere to put all this Lego stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Mine got put in the attic when we had kids :(

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

madalig12 wrote: »
    Asked for it for xmas, smyths 20% sale coming mid september

Ohhhh fingers crossed it's happening.

I'm hoping to get Slave I off the family for Christmas and have my own eye on some of the Star Wars, TFA and bigger Technic sets (Crawler Crane, AROCs etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Yep, got it the week it was released. I have the Simpsons House too and there are so many little details in both. I'd definitely recommend either of them.

Tell me about it! I need a spare room. Or a home office with lots of shelves!

I got the Lego Simpsons House back when it came out, was a little undersized but was fun building it, only seen Smyths got the Mart when I was getting Wall-E, I'll pick it up then when I see a sale as €200 is a bit much I feel.

Also yes, need more room! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Saw this Lego Chima 5 pack on sale in Heatons today reduced from supposedly €80 to €40, anyone reckon it's good value? I've seen one for sale on Adverts already for €65...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Arciphel wrote: »
    Saw this Lego Chima 5 pack on sale in Heatons today reduced from supposedly €80 to €40, anyone reckon it's good value? I've seen one for sale on Adverts already for €65...

Looks like a bit of a bargain alright:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Legends-Chima-66491-Superpack-70126/dp/B00N95JLN0
    http://www.toysrus.de/product/index.jsp?productId=34679331

Yeay Smyths Sale! Got the Arocs this morning for €160

362863.jpg

[edit] The timing was great, I got my Littlewoods refund yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Spocker wrote: »

I am heading today to buy Star Wars battle figures. Obi Wan and Jango.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I have The Enterprise and Klingon Bird of Prey to build.
    Got them for my son ( he can watch me build them) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Spocker wrote: »

[edit] The timing was great, I got my Littlewoods refund yesterday :)

Picked one up myself after missing out on the Littlewoods deal, also got the Technic Arctic Truck and the Vader & Greivous battle figures, If I like them after making 'em I'll probably get the other 4 but at the moment the jury is out on them.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

the Vader & Greivous battle figures, If I like them after making 'em I'll probably get the other 4 but at the moment the jury is out on them.

Do share your like/dislike, I'm holding off on them for now, I'm not convinced (yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Picked one up myself after missing out on the Littlewoods deal, also got the Technic Arctic Truck and the Vader & Greivous battle figures, If I like them after making 'em I'll probably get the other 4 but at the moment the jury is out on them.

Don't mind those two at all. Cody seems okay from the front as well, but the rest are the stuff of nightmares.

Smyths sale is great, I picked up a lot of the bigger sets, built the Tumbler yesterday, my friend was a help, she was sorting out all the bits which I never do, I usually dump them in a big pile and just go haha it was a fun build and bigger than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

So I built both of the battle figures last night. I wasn't that impressed with the Vader build, however the finished model is really cool. If you want it as a display piece you'll be very happy with the finished model. If you're buying it for the build I'd give it a miss.

Greivous was much more fun to build and looks great finished. It was always the one that stood out as looking the most suited to these types of sets.

I doubt I'll get the other four, unless I can pick them up for half price. I don't particularly like the look of them and I'm not a huge fan of the building of them.

I really hope they come out with a second series with CP3-0 and R2-D2 (although I'm not sure R2-D2 will work with these systems).

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

I just bought Obi Wan. Jango and Luke are still missing from my collection. I am buying as a display models so I am very happy.

• Advertisement

I did some serious damage to the credit card on Friday with the Smyths 20% Sale. Went all out on the Lego I had been drooling over all year and got the following:

75060 UCS Slave I (Christmas Present from the parents);
    75099 Rey's Speeder;
    75100 First Order Snowspeeder;
    75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter;
    75103 First Order Transporter (Christmas Present from the parents);
    75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle (Birthday present (November) from the parents);
    75105 Millennium Falcon (Christmas & Birthday present from my Brother / Sister in law & nephews); and
    75112 General Grievous.
    21303 Wall-E
    76039 Ant-Man

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Christmas present in september???

how old are you that your parents are getting you lego for x mas and your birthday, you must be over 18 to have a creditcard right?

shamrock55 wrote: »

how old are you that your parents are getting you lego for x mas and your birthday, you must be over 18 to have a creditcard right?

I was asked what I wanted for my Christmas and Birthday presents, I told them, went and bought the items. They'll be put away until the dates and the parentals will give me the cash for them. Simples.

Saves them having to buy something they think I'd like & the hassle of having to go out and get it. Plus 20% saved in the sale and everyone's happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

shamrock55 wrote: »

This is the Lego forum, a lot of people here will be getting Lego for Christmas and/or birthdays and are even over 18. I'm in my forties and have gotten Lego either as a Christmas or birthday present for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Rael wrote: »
    I did some serious damage to the credit card on Friday with the Smyths 20% Sale. Went all out on the Lego I had been drooling over all year and got the following:

75060 UCS Slave I (Christmas Present from the parents);
    75099 Rey's Speeder;
    75100 First Order Snowspeeder;
    75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter;
    75103 First Order Transporter (Christmas Present from the parents);
    75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle (Birthday present (November) from the parents);
    75105 Millennium Falcon (Christmas & Birthday present from my Brother / Sister in law & nephews); and
    75112 General Grievous.
    21303 Wall-E
    76039 Ant-Man

:eek::P:P how much did all that cost?

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    :eek::P:P how much did all that cost?

Ermmmm, I'm afraid to look at the receipt and online credit card statement :)

Will let you know later.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Rael wrote: »
    Ermmmm, I'm afraid to look at the receipt and online credit card statement :)

Will let you know later.

Wow, that's €819.90 - 20% = €655.92 and I thought I'd spent a lot in Smyths last weekend (Pet Shop, Millennium Falcon, Emmet's Construct-o-mech, Beach Hut and a load of Mixels).

I suppose if you look at it as saving €163.98, that would seem alright....wouldn't it?

See Argos is doing a 3 for 2 now, might pick up the bigger Lego sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

See Argos is doing a 3 for 2 now, might pick up the bigger Lego sets.

I was looking at maybe picking up some Star Wars stuff but the Argos prices are crazy on a lot of the sets compared to smyths. Really, really over-priced. I dont know how much saving you'd make on buying three for two.

New millenium falcon is 131.99 in smyths...its 191.99 in argos!!!!!!!
    AT-AT is 129.99 in Smyths compared to Argos' 162.49 !!!!!
    Snowspeeder is 39.99 in Smyths...51.49 in Argos.

And the list goes on.

:eek::eek::eek:

Daylight robbery to be honest.

(Going by those three examples you'd actually save yourself about 50 quid buying the three from smyths as opposed to the 3 for 2 in argos)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

I have The Enterprise and Klingon Bird of Prey to build.
    Got them for my son ( he can watch me build them) :)

Is this real Lego? Any links please. ta.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement