Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Could you tell me the relevant Hero Factory set number and the number of sets you needed to get all the pieces? Thanks :)

Yep, Arnotts had this set: Lego 44027 Breez Flea Machine, which has three each of these Hero Factory pieces (you'll need six):

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=92222&idColor=77#T=S&C=77&O={"color":77,"ii":1}

Theres lots of similar sets on eBay etc, but most have the relevant part removed, or are a silly price

You can get them on BL, I went for the Arnotts option because I could remove the relevant parts from the set, but my Junior Master Builder got a set he could still play with too

Heres the full Bricklink Parts list for the Batpod (it was me that uploaded it) http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=5004590-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

I was very lucky to get a big bag of lego star wars pieces at a boot sale - I made up a couple of models that were broken up in the bag - but of the rest of the parts - there wasn't any complete sets left to make.

So I used the pieces left over to make a completely different set that none of the parts were originally off... BL filled in the missing bits.

Its motorised, head moves and it really walks, opens too with more figures inside - my favourite set - Luke minifig is hanging on the grappling rope for scale.

1175kzb.jpg

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Got this today on the LEGO online store with free Christmas train and double VIP points. Keep the kids busy making this Christmas eve!

lego_10245_box1_in_744.png?l.r2=1032874773

21673802056_faa6afc66c_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,093 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Got this today on the LEGO online store with free Christmas train and double VIP points. Keep the kids busy making this Christmas eve!

lego_10245_box1_in_744.png?l.r2=1032874773

21673802056_faa6afc66c_b.jpg

Seems a decent price for the amount of pieces plus it looks great :) When is the free train offer finished ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'll be making the same purchase over the weekend. I may add the new Ferrari also.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Seems a decent price for the amount of pieces plus it looks great :) When is the free train offer finished ?

20th November while stocks last according to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,093 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

20th November while stocks last according to the website.

Perfect. Thanks for that, I get paid on Wednesday so think I'll order the Workshop then. Would love to get a few pieces together over the next few years to have under the tree like a little village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

This is a Kre-o set. Some of the Enterprise pieces were missing but it wasn't a major issue.
    The Enterprise is big and heavy.Just what 5 year old needs :)

USS Enterprise
    22227019349_8d94ca236a_c.jpg on Flickr

22387812496_c9a5957536_c.jpg on Flickr

22226994999_474c647d00_c.jpg on Flickr

Bird of Prey
    The engines on the wings came off easily but could be put back on handily enough.

22258646295_cf87fc5216_c.jpg on Flickr

22070913218_2d3b030e38_c.jpg on Flickr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Perfect. Thanks for that, I get paid on Wednesday so think I'll order the Workshop then. Would love to get a few pieces together over the next few years to have under the tree like a little village.

There is also an offer on Star Wars with a free Storm Trooper if you send over €30.
    I got the ST and the train spending over €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

For anyone interested, Smyths have few Technic sets on discount (Approx 20% off from RRP, except the Remote Control Volvo set which is only 10% off RRP).

But they are also doing promotion where if you spend 50 or more, you get 6 euro off (NOV6OFF) or if you spend 100 or more, you get 12 euro off (NOV12OFF). Valid until 10th Nov.

If you choose the right combination, you can get approximately 30% off RRP..

Bagged myself 5 sets today for about 186 euros :D i'm happy but my wallet is not happy :(

Lego Technic Formula Off-Roader 42037
    LEGO Technic Arctic Truck 42038
    LEGO Technic Container Truck 42024
    LEGO Technic Bulldozer 42028
    Lego Technic Record Breaker 42033

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

Just checked, they have some other normal sets on discount too according to their website.. worth to check it out and compare

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I bought this Lego Technic 8456 helicopter second hand but it had everything included box, tray, perfect instructions etc. There was one piece missing but NinjaTruncs had one and gave it to me so I could complete the set. Thanks a million again for that.

Enjoyable set to make up. The fibre optic lights are very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

I just spent my 5€ Argos voucher for 60090 Deep Sea Scuba Scooter.

http://brickset.com/sets/60090-1/Deep-Sea-Scuba-Scooter

Just put through an order to Lego.com
    40139 FREE: Gingerbread House
    10608 Spider-Man Spider Truck Adventure
    21019 The Eiffel Tower
    40125 Santa’s Visit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

I used 12€ off voucher yesterday for this:

Volvo%20%20CONEXPO%20-%20LEGO%20Technic%20Volvo%20L350F%20packaging1_zpsah4jvfhk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Just put my order in for the Doctor ;)

90909o.jpg

I spent 5 hours of my life building Santas Workshop and it was well worth it. :)

THe only disappointment was that its just a front on the workshop and no back wall!

[URL="23336854029_42ff342079_c.jpg

Another build.

Took about 90 minutes. It was a bit tricky with some instructions not being very clear

[URL="23753096275_7b64d6eccf_c.jpg

23126288333_bfa07ba0bd_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

I spent 5 hours of my life building Santas Workshop and it was well worth it. :)

THe only disappointment was that its just a front on the workshop and no back wall!

[URL="23336854029_42ff342079_c.jpg

5 hours? I built 2/3 of the 10188 Death Star in 5 hours. :)

Hope you were enjoying yourself.

5 hours? I built 2/3 of the 10188 Death Star in 5 hours. :)

Hope you were enjoying yourself.

I was.
    The problem now is keeping track of where little fingers puts the elves;)

I've the high speed train to build over Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Finally Lego sent out the parts to fix Wall-E, only took 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Got an email this evening to say mine have been sent too. Completely forgot I emailed them

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Blackwell

Santas Workshop arrived on Saturday... haven't had the time to get at it yet but I built the Gingerbread House.

The long term plan is to add Christmas themed sets over the years and eventually have a nice scene to lay out every Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

My Ferrari F40 arrived today http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Ferrari-F40-10248?fromListing=listing
    They included the Marvel Winter soldier mini fig and the C-3PO with the red arm even though all I bought was the Ferrari.

I finally made the little christmas train that came as a freebie from lego.
    easy to make in about 45 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Finally got around to building this set and I am even more impressed than I thought I would be with the finished model, much bigger than I expected it would be! The long-awaited Tumbler...

20151230_191952-01-01_zps5ytilrs1.jpeg

As far as the actual build goes, it was enjoyable but not so much as the Red V X-Wing I did last year (I'd recommend that one before it retires soon, awesome set), but once it was all finished and the final attachments were on, it was hard not to appreciate this one! Build actually took me longer than I expected, apx 6.5 hours, could have went quicker though, I usually take my time with the build and take in the progress at each phase.

Nice mini figs too, especially the Heath Ledger Joker

IMG_1517-01_zpszojeorw2.jpeg

IMG_1506-01_zpszbyr3fvd.jpeg

I also done this set since my last post on this board, the AT-AP.

IMG_1549-01_zpsvsddgrnq.jpeg

Despite being a vehicle from the SW prequels (Revenge of the Sith), I loved the look of this one and it was a lot of fun to build - a nice mix of standard bricks and Technic, which I always like. This one can be built in 2 hours or under, but is a really impressive display despite not being UCS

Minifigs in this set are really nice too

Clone Commander Gree

IMG_1567-01_zps0hqw3e1v.jpeg

Wookie General Tarful

IMG_1568-01_zps2vqdqpbj.jpeg

There are a couple of Prequel droids too (one with yellow general markings) and a battle druid (below)

IMG_1573-01_zpslgj4hkfm.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

mtt_swny wrote: »
    Finally got around to building this set and I am even more impressed than I thought I would be with the finished model, much bigger than I expected it would be! The long-awaited Tumbler...

I treated myself to the Tumbler for Christmas. It's such a beast, photos just don't do justice to the scale of it.
    As far as the actual build goes, it was enjoyable but not so much as the Red V X-Wing I did last year (I'd recommend that one before it retires soon, awesome set), but once it was all finished and the final attachments were on, it was hard not to appreciate this one! Build actually took me longer than I expected, apx 6.5 hours, could have went quicker though, I usually take my time with the build and take in the progress at each phase.

I've been building since Christmas day and I have the last instruction book left to go! I like to go very leisurely and have a Christmas-long project, so I throw all the bags into one huge pile and spend a couple of hours at a time on it.

I treated myself to the Tumbler for Christmas. It's such a beast, photos just don't do justice to the scale of it.

I've been building since Christmas day and I have the last instruction book left to go! I like to go very leisurely and have a Christmas-long project, so I throw all the bags into one huge pile and spend a couple of hours at a time on it.

I was the same, tank of a thing altogether! It got hyped as being too fragile but it's grand, especially as a display. This one will be getting an acrylic display case I reckon, mainly to keep dust off it!

Yeah that's a nice approach alright, I rebuilt the Red V X wing once after having to disassemble it and stacked out all the bricks together. I roughly estimated apx 6.5 hrs build time but that was from Christmas day until Stephens day.

Out of interest, do you use some kind of sorting trays with different sections? I've seen a few nice ones that almost look like oversized cutlery drawer trays, but never looked into buying one. I use a bread board bit would like something with sections for sizeable builds in the future. Currently eyeing up the Slave 1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I was the same, tank of a thing altogether! It got hyped as being too fragile but it's grand, especially as a display. This one will be getting an acrylic display case I reckon, mainly to keep dust off it!

Yeah that's a nice approach alright, I rebuilt the Red V X wing once after having to disassemble it and stacked out all the bricks together. I roughly estimated apx 6.5 hrs build time but that was from Christmas day until Stephens day.

Out of interest, do you use some kind of sorting trays with different sections? I've seen a few nice ones that almost look like oversized cutlery drawer trays, but never looked into buying one. I use a bread board bit would like something with sections for sizeable builds in the future. Currently eyeing up the Slave 1!!

I tend to use little boxes from Dealz to put seperate bags into, mainly the tiny pieces so they don't get lost in the shuffle during the build, I'm eying up this new Millenium Falcon, not really into the films but like the games and the cartoon so might get it, could be fun.

• Advertisement

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I tend to use little boxes from Dealz to put seperate bags into, mainly the tiny pieces so they don't get lost in the shuffle during the build, I'm eying up this new Millenium Falcon, not really into the films but like the games and the cartoon so might get it, could be fun.

Funny you should say that, I've been contemplating it myself and nearly bought it earlier in fact. I never got round to/didn't bother getting 7965 before it was replaced with the new one. The new design is very close to the previous but the slight improvements are definitely good enough to make it the best Falcon yet (at that scale). Should be a really nice set to do.

Ended up getting the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium instead though.

Screenshot_2015-12-31-20-00-32-01_zpsoymzsvda.jpeg

Having been a big fan of this an all other ships from ROTJ, I would have loved to get the UCS version from a few years back. This one seems really nice too, and I look forward to building it sometime soon.

The plan is to mod it and replace a lot of the exposed studs with tiles and possibly add tiles to the underside of the wings too (although I think the only available reverse tiles in white are 2x2).

I've never modded a set before or used bricklink but I intend to with this one - it's already impressive, especially as it's System-style but looks really displayable - and with a little extra work it wouldn't be far off being really class. I'd love to make a stand for it too so it can be displayed in flight mode. If/when I get round to all of that, I'll post on the boards here!

Advertisement