Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Sparko

mtt_swny wrote: »
    Funny you should say that, I've been contemplating it myself and nearly bought it earlier in fact. I never got round to/didn't bother getting 7965 before it was replaced with the new one. The new design is very close to the previous but the slight improvements are definitely good enough to make it the best Falcon yet (at that scale). Should be a really nice set to do.

Ended up getting the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium instead though.

Screenshot_2015-12-31-20-00-32-01_zpsoymzsvda.jpeg

Having been a big fan of this an all other ships from ROTJ, I would have loved to get the UCS version from a few years back. This one seems really nice too, and I look forward to building it sometime soon.

The plan is to mod it and replace a lot of the exposed studs with tiles and possibly add tiles to the underside of the wings too (although I think the only available reverse tiles in white are 2x2).

I've never modded a set before or used bricklink but I intend to with this one - it's already impressive, especially as it's System-style but looks really displayable - and with a little extra work it wouldn't be far off being really class. I'd love to make a stand for it too so it can be displayed in flight mode. If/when I get round to all of that, I'll post on the boards here!

I built this on Christmas day, loved it. Had the exact same thought as you about the stand for flight mode, definitely something I'm going to look into.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was the same, tank of a thing altogether! It got hyped as being too fragile but it's grand, especially as a display. This one will be getting an acrylic display case I reckon, mainly to keep dust off it!
    I have to say the fragility of it surprised and sometimes frustrated me - a number of times something would fall off when applying something else I'd just built, and I'd have to spend a bit of time putting it back on.
    Out of interest, do you use some kind of sorting trays with different sections? I've seen a few nice ones that almost look like oversized cutlery drawer trays, but never looked into buying one. I use a bread board bit would like something with sections for sizeable builds in the future. Currently eyeing up the Slave 1!!
    Nope, no sorting for me! I love the chaotic approach of having everything lumped in together. The only exception is that I'll generally put the unnumbered bags containing tiny pieces into one big bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Funny you should say that, I've been contemplating it myself and nearly bought it earlier in fact. I never got round to/didn't bother getting 7965 before it was replaced with the new one. The new design is very close to the previous but the slight improvements are definitely good enough to make it the best Falcon yet (at that scale). Should be a really nice set to do.

I went and picked up the Falcon last night, only built 3 bags before heading off to bed and skipping the new year :P Finished it this morning, it looks fabulous :D

Funny that I don't really like the ship nor the movies but I do like the games and cartoons so I am familiar with the license and love how Lego done the Falcon, I wan't the Tie fighter now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OjqJKYfMwY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭Larry the Logster

Sparko wrote: »
    I built this on Christmas day, loved it. Had the exact same thought as you about the stand for flight mode, definitely something I'm going to look into.

Try with some transparent bricks e.g. http://brickset.com/parts/4624313 or http://brickset.com/parts/4143346 you can get both from Pick A Brick.

I have the Battle of Endor (http://brickset.com/sets/8038-1/The-Battle-of-Endor) and Ewok Village (http://brickset.com/sets/7956-1/Ewok-Attack) very tempted to get 75094 to go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lego movie batman and super angry kitty attack 70817 €4 in tesco
    Avengers tower 76038 €49 in tesco
    Turtles big rig snow getaway €45 adverts (box damaged in post because seller packed it 'well' by wrapping it in a black plastic bag)
    Star Wars Aat €15 debenums
    Star Wars at-ft 75083 €50 tesco
    Star Wars millennium falcon 7965 €72 almost complete from an user on here
    Batman tumbler 76023 and id rather not say in case the other half sees how much it cost.

Safe to say, I went a bit mad after Christmas and that doesn't include the rather big purchase from eBay that's yet to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pics!

Maybe tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Batman tumbler 76023 and id rather not say in case the other half sees how much it cost.

Wise man.

That some haul of Lego alright, fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Just got gifted the new X-Wing the other day for the birthday, happy days! Great little build for a 700-750 piece set. Those rubber bands though... Why blue, Lego???

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭FNSolidSnake

Picked up a UCS Slave I today as a birthday present to myself. Eager to get started as soon as I get home :)

• Advertisement

Picked up a UCS Slave I today as a birthday present to myself. Eager to get started as soon as I get home :)

Let me know how big it is compared to the new Falcon.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Let me know how big it is compared to the new Falcon.

Slave I is a bit bigger. Much taller on its display stand. More fun to build. Falcon has more play features.

I took a quick photo of the two together last night, but I'm still not allowed to post pics and links. :-(

Anyway, you should be able to find it here easily enough...

i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r483/davew991dbloke/Lego/WP_20160115_00_03_19_Pro%20b_zpsjybulndx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Here's dbloke's picture, Slave 1 looks awesome. Might be tempted this weekend, although the price has gone back up to €199 in Smyths now.

WP_20160115_00_03_19_Pro%20b_zpsjybulndx.jpg

Arciphel wrote: »
    Here's dbloke's picture, Slave 1 looks awesome. Might be tempted this weekend, although the price has gone back up to €199 in Smyths now.

WP_20160115_00_03_19_Pro%20b_zpsjybulndx.jpg

Thanks for that pic, they look inscale together? I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

Thanks for that pic, they look inscale together? I think so.

Falcon would be bigger (Slave 1 is 50s into vid...):

digitaltrends.com/movies/star-wars-vehicles-sized

UCS version probably closer to scale, but 50x more expensive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I don't think they're in scale to one another. Maybe someone can correct me, but the UCS Millennium Falcon, UCS Imperial Shuttle, and UCS Slave I are all scaled accurately to minifigures, so they should be scaled accurately to one another, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Maybe not to everyone's taste but I picked up my first few Star Wars Buildable Figures during the week: Rey, Captain Phasma, Jango Fett, Kylo Ren and Vader. I was planning on picking up a Slave 1 or a Falcon but seeing them built made me realise they wouldn't really fit in with the rest of our collections. So far I've only pieced together Phasma but it was a fun, relaxing build.

Got 75135, 75137, 75048 and the droid escape pod set from A New Hope for my birthday today.
    4 nice little sets!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm starting to get into Lego Star Wars now. My son has been mad into Lego for the last while, but I've never been able to justify it for me when he just wanted it. Now he's old enough to know not to touch mine, I've been dipping! Got the FA Millennium Falcon for Christmas, and I picked up Reys speeder. I have the X-Wing on the way from Amazon.

My next purchases will be

Kylo Rens Shuttle
    TIE Fighter

I'm torn between getting either the Tumbler or Slave I. Any recommendations?

I don't think they're in scale to one another. Maybe someone can correct me, but the UCS Millennium Falcon, UCS Imperial Shuttle, and UCS Slave I are all scaled accurately to minifigures, so they should be scaled accurately to one another, right?

I'd say your right, I don't really know the films so never saw the Slave in them, just going off Battlefront and the Falcon and Slave and near enough the same size in that and that's how I'd like to display them... UCS Falcon doesn't do it for me and the price ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm starting to get into Lego Star Wars now. My son has been mad into Lego for the last while, but I've never been able to justify it for me when he just wanted it. Now he's old enough to know not to touch mine, I've been dipping! Got the FA Millennium Falcon for Christmas, and I picked up Reys speeder. I have the X-Wing on the way from Amazon.

Kylo Rens Shuttle
    TIE Fighter

I've both , Both great sets , personally id go for slave 1 but if your planning on getting one now and another in a few months then id get the tumbler now as its listed as retired on lego.com so Smyths is the only place I think you can get it now and get slave in a few months

Kylo Rens Shuttle
    TIE Fighter

I don't have the Slave (yet) but if you've small kids and are getting the Tumbler make sure to keep them away, it's veeeeeeery flimsy and parts fall off easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

. I'm torn between getting either the Tumbler or Slave I. Any recommendations?

I'd say get the Tumbler, it's due to be retired if it hasn't been already. Slave I was released last January and should be available until this time next year at least.

Does anyone know where I could get the Star Destroyer, smaller one and the AT-AT, recently retired versions... don't want to pay ridiculous money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cathaldinho

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Was in arnotts yesterday and they had two 70521 Republic Gunships. €130 which is rrp and they are going for double that on amazon!! Wallet didnt agree but had to pick it up!!!

One left as i was leaving about 5.30 if anyone wants to try for the last one. Awesome set, always wanted it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I wouldn't put much heed in Amazon prices, bricklink is a good starting point http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?id=116533#T=S&O={"cond":"N","ii":0}

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone know where I could get the Star Destroyer, smaller one and the AT-AT, recently retired versions... don't want to pay ridiculous money though.

What's the set number on the Star Destroyer you need ?

I've a BNIB 75055. Bought it to be a display piece and then realised it was much bigger than I thought and I don't have room to put it up :(

Just been sitting on the floor here staring at me for a few months now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's the 2006 destroyer on adverts for the same price as the newish destroyer, might be a better buy any of the reviews rate it higher, I bought a set off the same guy and was fine to deal with, I'd say it's in very good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

you mean these two http://brickset.com/sets/75054-1/AT-AT and http://brickset.com/sets/75055-1/Imperial-Star-Destroyer, I've got both. PM and we can discuss.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement

you mean these two http://brickset.com/sets/75054-1/AT-AT and http://brickset.com/sets/75055-1/Imperial-Star-Destroyer, I've got both. PM and we can discuss.

Yes, those are the sets.

Advertisement