Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Purchased and built the Slave 1 and the Tydirium Shuttle in the last few weeks. Both were some of the most enjoyable builds we've done. Strongly considering the UCS TIE fighter now but I think ill make do with the regular TFA TIE until I've gotten mortgage approval :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Purchased and built the Slave 1 and the Tydirium Shuttle in the last few weeks. Both were some of the most enjoyable builds we've done. Strongly considering the UCS TIE fighter now but I think ill make do with the regular TFA TIE until I've gotten mortgage approval :pac:

No way, I bought those two sets over the weekend and am staring at the USC Tie now!

I'll get pics up later, off to work, pop into Smyths on the way home for Grievous, damn Slave is massive tho, no room for it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

The Slave is a fantastic set alright but its massive. I really don't know where I can put it.

The Slave is a fantastic set alright but its massive. I really don't know where I can put it.

I wanted to have it chasing my Falcon but that idea is gone out the window haha I've it just beside my PC now, hopefully LEGO is ok near a radiator too.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Haven't posted in a while, so my collection has grown considerably since last time!

*Picked up TFA Millennium Falcon today, absolutely killer set. Much bigger than I thought it would be.

*Batman vs Superman Batmobile and
    Batwing sets. They are excellent sets, but the bat vehicles have defective cockpit pieces. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

*Finally, the Carbon Freezing chamber. A bit gimmicky but I love the minifigures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

*Finally, the Carbon Freezing chamber. A bit gimmicky but I love the minifigures.

The minifigs are the only reason anyone is buying this, I think it's a terrible and lazy set.

They need to do cloud city properly.

The minifigs are the only reason anyone is buying this, I think it's a terrible and lazy set.

They need to do cloud city properly.

I've a spare set of minifigs if your interested.

They need to do cloud city properly.[/quote]

I agree,
    I had a bit of a suspicion when this came out that this was a release before a UCS Cloud City set, similar to the releases of the small hoth set that recently came out that goes with the UCS Hoth set.

Bought four First Order battlepacks today. Will be using the parts to make two larger turrets.
    I am selling X4 First Order Crewmembers and X4 First Order Officers if anyone is interested (at a very discounted price).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Looking for the batman from the dimensions game. Dont need the baseplate for the game just the fig. Anyone got one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

Didn't realise there was a thread for this.. :) Just bought my wife the Simpson's Kwik-E-Mart. She's off sick at the moment so was delighted with this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Finishing up a post grad degree soon (all done while working full time) but finally might have a few extra pennies so have treated myself to Lego as I have not been able to afford it with fees till now. So bought the Winter Toy Shop and Creator "Winter" cabin 3:1 to start a long held wish to do the Lego winter scene for Christmases. Also got the Big Bang theory set for husband as he has also rediscovered a love for Lego :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I splashed out on the Crawler Crane the other day and opened it up tonight.

It's a great build and super value at €100.

I've just finished Bag One so three more to go :)

A few photos of the work in progress

https://imgur.com/a/5sBtD

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I splashed out on the Crawler Crane the other day and opened it up tonight.

It's a great build and super value at €100.

I've just finished Bag One so three more to go :)

A few photos of the work in progress

https://imgur.com/a/5sBtD

Its the best Technic set I've made in years

Got the first editions of Nightwing, Alfred and Killer Croc from the Batman line of sets. Pretty cool! I am swapping/selling if anyone's interested. Bought the Ideas Exo-Suit, a set which slipped by my radar.

Also thought that I'd share pics of my custom Professor X minifigure if anyone wants to build it.

Got the first editions of Nightwing, Alfred and Killer Croc from the Batman line of sets. Pretty cool! I am swapping/selling if anyone's interested. Bought the Ideas Exo-Suit, a set which slipped by my radar.

Also thought that I'd share pics of my custom Professor X minifigure if anyone wants to build it.

I don't think you'll ever shift Alfred or Killer Croc on Adverts! The previous owner had them up for 5 or 6 months I think. Best bet would be to fire them up on bricklink or brickowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I don't think you'll ever shift Alfred or Killer Croc on Adverts! The previous owner had them up for 5 or 6 months I think. Best bet would be to fire them up on bricklink or brickowl.

Adverts has been really slow for the past while. Seeing stuff like your Throne of Ultron slip to page 10 and lego dad's Star Wars stuff to page 12 without the expected quick sale really puts the nail in the coffin. Didn't think I'd be sitting on so much Star Wars Lego for so long either. Maybe June/July will be better than April/May.

All that doom and gloom aside, I was able to nab a UCS Slave 1 the other day and will be putting the final touches to it tonight. It's my first UCS set and the build integrity on some of the segments is amazing, I'm not surprised they retail for so much.

Well, it's not a purchase right now, but possibly one for the future.

2016 Disney Castle (pictured) - September 2016, €360

I'm going to buy one €350 region set before the end of the year, but I'm waiting for the new UCS Death Star to be revealed first. It's that, the Ghostbusters HQ or the Disney Castle.

In terms of an investment, what do you all think is best?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm going to buy one €350 region set before the end of the year, but I'm waiting for the new UCS Death Star to be revealed first. It's that, the Ghostbusters HQ or the Disney Castle.

I'm definitely picking up the Castle. Might get two eventually to give it a backside. I wouldn't be thinking of it as investment, it's a purchase. It ain't the stock market, just pick whatever you think you'd enjoy.

I wouldn't bother picking any of them for investment. Those days are gone to some degree. There are so many people interested in Lego and doing this that I don't think you'll get anywhere near what people get for the likes of the older UCS sets and first modules. Most new sets this large will be on sale for 18 months minimum if not more. Look at 10188 for example. That was released in 2008 and is only recently retired. All those people struggling to sell 76023 is another good example.

Buy it, built it, enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Hadn't seen the castle until now. That's my Christmas present sorted, should take my daughter most of the Christmas holidays to help me build it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I wouldn't bother picking any of them for investment. Those days are gone to some degree. There are so many people interested in Lego and doing this that I don't think you'll get anywhere near what people get for the likes of the older UCS sets and first modules. Most new sets this large will be on sale for 18 months minimum if not more. Look at 10188 for example. That was released in 2008 and is only recently retired. All those people struggling to sell 76023 is another good example.

Buy it, built it, enjoy it.

Most of the discussions I've had or read around buying two of the Disney Castle set circulate around the idea of MOC'ing a larger or 'all around' version for display or showcasing at exhibition. One discussion was specifically around how to build hinge pieces with reinforcement to allow it to open and close smoothly for display (one person had a great idea of a technic gear system so it could be cranked open with a handle set into the base).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

First Technic set since a 8055 set I got for Christmas when I was nine! Always wanted a pneumatic set and later the 8880 supercar but alas Santa had stopped coming.

8 year old daughter is quite into Lego and has a good few sets Friends/Disney/Starwars. Got a Creator 3 in 1 set that she really likes a few months ago. Loves that you can rebuild into 3 things and that it has working steering. So was thinking of getting one of the cheaper Technics sets to let her try (me to play with)! Had been looking out for the 42036 Motorcycle but when I saw this Formula Off-Roader 42037 discounted to £31 in a Smyths store in the UK I had to get it. Built it with my daughter last night and this morning after getting home.

Very impressed with it big build for the price and has so much of the features I liked with the 8880 car. Suspension, differential, moving engine pistons, steering. I guess the next step is to motorise it! Planning next set already thinking the Crawler Crane or one of the large Star War sets.

391832.jpg

Reminds how much I loved Lego as a child. Brother had the 7740 Train Set which I was always loved really was a great set.

7740-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Awww man, that train set. That was the dream !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just arrived in work.

w6PWwj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm gonna wait until there's a better offer in the Lego store and then I am all over the Disney castle! Just no idea how I'll get it from work to home :Z

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I just can't see myself shelling out £290 for the set. So much money!

Though I'm sure there's at least a 60% chance I eat those words some day and give in. Probably when I see it in the window of a retail store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Same here, I have been considering getting it but the price is too high. I wouldn't mind a new modular set, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I just can't see myself shelling out £290 for the set. So much money!

Though I'm sure there's at least a 60% chance I eat those words some day and give in. Probably when I see it in the window of a retail store.

Wait for it, you'll get two so that you can have a back on it (which no-one will see).

Even though I started this thread I haven't been updating it much recently.
    Got the Arocs from Amazon, which I'm in the process of building two bags left). And have the Claas Xerion on order which should get to me by the end of September.

I also picked up the UCS Tie fighter in May during the May the Fourth discounts.

Next big purchase will probably be the Porsche 911 GT3 but I'll be waiting for a sale somewhere, I wonder if anyone got one in the Smyths sale, 40% off would have been nice. But I'll be kept occupied making up most of my sets, I've had them in storage but can now finally start making them all, the issue is going to be finding somewhere to put them all. I've already filled up the available shelf space in the kids play room and I've only put out 8 sets.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I've already filled up the available shelf space in the kids play room and I've only put out 8 sets.

Got any pictures? :)

Advertisement