Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

This is the only one at the moment, I've moved the 4x4 Crawler down beside the TV and added a Crane Truck (8258) to the top row. There is also a Skip truck down low that can't be seen.

There is another shelving unit to the left of the picture that I'm going to clear down and move the Technic models onto. I'll get a Imperial Star Destroyer and AT-AT into where the Technic sets are and I want to try brickink a UCS AT-ST But I've to get the Tumbler somewhere, probably below R2-D2.

I could probably add a row of shelves to the wall that wraps the room to put some of the small (lower) technic sets on.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Just wondering if anyone every buys any sets as an investment? I've a couple of sets that I bought a while back and have never got around to building and all are no longer in production. There's a part of me that want's to build them and a part of me that want's to hold onto them with a view to selling in years to come.. When you look at the price that some out of production kits sell for these days it's hard not to think about it... Nearly gotten to the stage that if I buy a set I consider getting two of them, one for the attic and one for play..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I do with some, it's very hit and miss, some sets shoot up as soon as they are discontinued and others don't look at the bricklink prices for 10225 (UCS R2-D2) and 10240 (UCS Red Five X-Wing) both were discontinued close together, one doubled in value and the other only barely increased.

I do it to off set the amount I spend on lego. I've a boxed SSD that I got for a great price and can't bring myself around to opening it, but nor do I want to sell it. Ideally if i could source an already assembled one for a good price I'd buy that and then sell the boxed one. As I like displaying them not having it in a box is of no concern.

What sets do you have as a matter of interest?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Xwing, r2d2, maeresk mc-kinney,tumbler (not sure if that's still in production), think I've the death star in the attic too... I've a few other sets still unopened but they're still in production..

Will be getting the gt3, Beatles, f40, tie fighter, Tower Bridge, Kwiki mart, Disney Castle and a few other kits shortly too..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

qwertz wrote: »
    Same here, I have been considering getting it but the price is too high. I wouldn't mind a new modular set, though.

I really like the detectives office and think it's good value at €150

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just got Mystery Mansion and Doctor who sets from Amazon in the door. All for a grand total of €80.
    Handy little sale reduction coupled with those £10 off vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Got myself the Temple of Airjitzu and will assemble it with my daughters shortly. Well, maybe, depending on their "availability" when I crack open the package later this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just received an order from the LEGO store. I made use of the €10 off voucher they have going.

LEGO - What Am I? (40161)
    LEGO Creator (31035)
    4 LEGO Chima Minifigs (850779)
    LEGO Ninjago Dragon was added free (30422)

But then I noticed that a small Spiderman (30305) set was also included. No mention of it on the invoice.

Not bad for €58.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Finally got myself a Town Hall. I just completed the ground floor and so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

qwertz wrote: »
    Finally got myself a Town Hall. I just completed the ground floor and so far so good.

Mind me asking where you got it? Hard enough to come by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Ordered this last night.

LEGO-10254-Winter-Holiday-Train-Box-1024x1024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got the Ewok Village today in Ken Blacks for €200, not a bad price at all after trading in a few crappy ds games into CeX.
    Was seriously tempted by the Ghostbusters HQ too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Ordered this last night.

LEGO-10254-Winter-Holiday-Train-Box-1024x1024.jpg
    I *think* Mrs Sleepy has that bought for me for Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

My train arrived today via Parcel Wizard. Impressed that they included both 30305 and 30422 as free gifts! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

g0g wrote: »
    My train arrived today via Parcel Wizard. Impressed that they included both 30305 and 30422 as free gifts! :)

I got exactly the same through Parcel Wizard too. A few people on Brickset got 30448 instead of 30305. Although I would have preferred that one, hey, it's free Lego at the end of the day.

I liked the minifig shaped card with he message about the extra free gift too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Asda/George are doing a sale up to 30% plus an additional 20% off over £50.
    GOt a Millenium Falcon for £76.

Also got angry birds castle & technics vovlo
    Doesnt ship to the republic.£2.95 to PW/PM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Smokers and Jokers?

Naid23 wrote: »
    Mind me asking where you got it? Hard enough to come by.

I have one a MISB one for sale on ebay. (I can point you to my eBay auction by PM if interested. Not cheap though, obviously.

I have one a MISB one for sale on ebay. (I can point you to my eBay auction by PM if interested. Not cheap though, obviously.

Actually found one here in dublin. Guy is holding it til next week for me. Thanks for the response though.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

Just ordered the 21307 Caterham Seven 620R for 64.99 (€10 off using IE10 promo code and had €5 VIP points) and got the 40220 London Bus promo. And free shipping!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Picked up a 10185 green grocer with box and instructions this week. 350.

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »

Bricklink?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Green with envy! How on earth did you manage to track one down at that price? It's usually min €600 on Bricklink, more on the likes of eBay.

I overlooked the modular buildings initially, as my kids were born when they were first released and life was fairly hectic (and expensive!) then. Turns out it could be even more expensive trying to complete the set! 😠I'd love to get my hands on a Café Corner and a Green Grocer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Jacovs

A friend has asked me to keep an eye out for a bucket excavator set. Just missed out on the tesco UK sale there last week, but managed to get it for €169 on Amazon today. Convinced myself I need one too, so ordered the 2.
    Not bad for nearly 5000 pieces.
    Don't have space for it when its done so probably sell it on again.
    Excited for it to arrive...in 12 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Green with envy! How on earth did you manage to track one down at that price? It's usually min 600 on Bricklink, more on the likes of eBay.

I overlooked the modular buildings initially, as my kids were born when they were first released and life was fairly hectic (and expensive!) then. Turns out it could be even more expensive trying to complete the set! I'd love to get my hands on a Caf Corner and a Green Grocer.

Gumtree, was up in ballymena. Couple of grey 1x1s were megablock but apart from that its all there. He wanted rid and was looking 450 stg at the start so i wittled him down a bit when i got there lol. There are 49 of those 1x8 sand green bricks in it..wow. if i sold them on bricklink id get my money back lol. Washed it all yesterday gonna rebuild this week. Never thought id own one.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Gumtree, was up in ballymena. Couple of grey 1x1s were megablock but apart from that its all there. He wanted rid and was looking 450 stg at the start so i wittled him down a bit when i got there lol. There are 49 of those 1x8 sand green bricks in it..wow. if i sold them on bricklink id get my money back lol. Washed it all yesterday gonna rebuild this week. Never thought id own one.

Great find! Enjoy the build :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The 1x8s were available from customer service when I cloned mine. 1x6 and the slotted 1x2 weren't and the 1x2 isn't substitutable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

My first time posting in this forum.

I bought a freight train 60052 in Smyths, 20% off reduced from 180 to 144.

I paid 124 with an online voucher 20 euro off.

Was that a good price? I think so..............

I may be back with more questions.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Great find! Enjoy the build :-)

Wow that is an unbelievable find!!!!!
    Ive managed to pick up the emporium, town hall and fire station modulars in last two weeks, very happy with those!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Pick up Ninjago:Temple of Artjistu from Smyths UK (with sterling rates and discount it seemed a good price) as a christmas / birthday present for the young lad. Must say it looks class. Cant wait to get it open. Sorry, he cant wait to get it open.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Glebee wrote: »
    Pick up Ninjago:Temple of Artjistu from Smyths UK (with sterling rates and discount it seemed a good price) as a christmas / birthday present for the young lad. Must say it looks class. Cant wait to get it open. Sorry, he cant wait to get it open.:p

It's a beautiful building! I love the look of it! And me of my favorite sets

Advertisement