Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Glebee wrote: »
    Pick up Ninjago:Temple of Artjistu from Smyths UK (with sterling rates and discount it seemed a good price) as a christmas / birthday present for the young lad. Must say it looks class. Cant wait to get it open. Sorry, he cant wait to get it open.:p

Got this recently to build and its a really nice set. One or two bits you might be rubbing your head tryna figure out but a fun build. The light brick feature is really cool i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Arrived today

IMG_1098_zpsjvifabqr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Greg81 wrote: »
    Arrived today

IMG_1098_zpsjvifabqr.jpg

They look pretty cool. Are the faces stickers or coloured blocks?

emmetkenny wrote: »

No clue. Did not open the boxes yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

emmetkenny wrote: »

I've watched reviews of all the series one Brickheadz. No stickers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

My kiss kiss tuxedo batman arrived in the post today! Great little minifig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Greg81 wrote: »
    Arrived today

IMG_1098_zpsjvifabqr.jpg

I was gonna get some but after the reviews showing the tiny size and lack of posing I'll stick with the better MegaBloks ones, better licences too.

75114 in Tesco for €8.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Double VIP points on the Lego website from today. Got Assembly Square.

Double VIP points on the Lego website from today. Got Assembly Square.

Same here. Been saving all the loose change the last few months to cover it so it would ne a big hit all at once! Happy out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Lego Friends Adventure Camp 41122 Daughter got it for her 9th birthday. She just finished this evening. Very impressed with it. It's a lovely set with some nice details and pretty big for the money.
    lego-adventure-camp-tree-house-set-41122-15-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Rogue One AT-ST was down to €42.99 in Smyths. €2 cheaper in Argos, but I chanced Smyths in the hopes of getting a polybag too. The lady didn't know what the hell I was asking for but guessed I meant 'free Lego' and fished out a neat little City Police Car (30352), ace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Ryath wrote: »
    Lego Friends Adventure Camp 41122 Daughter got it for her 9th birthday. She just finished this evening. Very impressed with it. It's a lovely set with some nice details and pretty big for the money.

That would be a great creator 3 in 1 set if it used normal colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ryath wrote: »

Got this in Argos for €40 at Christmas for the girlfriends little sister who is only 5 and she has insisted that I build it with her.
    We're still building it because she keeps making up stories about the girls in the set.
    We only do a bag when she stays over.
    I hate Emma, Emma is a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Picked up the Rogue One U-Wing for €59.99 in Argos the other day. Meh. Minifigs are nice, that's about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Picked up the Rogue One U-Wing for €59.99 in Argos the other day. Meh. Minifigs are nice, that's about it though.

I had my eye on it as well to complete the set (Y-Wing, X-Wing, B-Wing, A-Wing) but it's just not that appealing a ship to me :/ The Cassian and Jyn minifigures are very nice but not enough to validate the purchase for me.

Is it a good build?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Rhyme wrote: »
    I had my eye on it as well to complete the set (Y-Wing, X-Wing, B-Wing, A-Wing) but it's just not that appealing a ship to me :/ The Cassian and Jyn minifigures are very nice but not enough to validate the purchase for me.

Is it a good build?

I think that Lego did their best with the source material they were given. My main problem is that I don't like the in-universe design of the thing. It's not really Lego's fault.

The troop transport area fails for me. The doors don't close properly with a minifig in the gunner position. The wings in flight mode simply look bad. There is some nice greebling on it, but not enough s.n.o.t. used.

I think that the set is worth it if you can get it on sale for at least 20% off. Otherwise the Scariff bunker set is the one to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I think that Lego did their best with the source material they were given. My main problem is that I don't like the in-universe design of the thing. It's not really Lego's fault.

The troop transport area fails for me. The doors don't close properly with a minifig in the gunner position. The wings in flight mode simply look bad. There is some nice greebling on it, but not enough s.n.o.t. used.

I think that the set is worth it if you can get it on sale for at least 20% off. Otherwise the Scariff bunker set is the one to go for.

My thoughts exactly. It's not the prettiest ship so Lego can only do so much.

I mean, the Y-Wing is ugly as sin but has a lot of character. Maybe I'm just a snob :)

One of the MOC pages on Facebook had a UCS-style version of the U-Wing a few weeks back, now that was a lovely model. Probably in the region of 2000-2500 pieces though.

Just got our Assembly square delivered this afternoon. Looking forward to building it but have to wait til we move into the new house and get that sorted :(. Something to look forward to when we all settled :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

75114 in Tesco for €8.50

Any idea which Tesco are doing these? Cheers

• Advertisement

mtt_swny wrote: »
    Any idea which Tesco are doing these? Cheers

I found it in Tesco Roxboro Road Limerick. It was the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Got the train station now retired in Smyths clearance for 40 and attack on avengers tower for 60 also retired and in mint condition boxes.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Got the train station now retired in Smyths clearance for 40 and attack on avengers tower for 60 also retired and in mint condition boxes.

What train station was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Got myself a 70413 The Brick Bounty on Monday. Looking forward to build it and add it to the Imperial Flagship and Queen Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    madalig12 wrote: »

What train station was that?

75137 carbon freezing chamber, a 2nd one so I create a better diorama, full circle, some stormtroopers, Darth Vader, Leia etc..

Partially complete black pearl and Queen Anne with all mini figs but without sails. Just have to pick up the sails for cheap now.

41594 Captain Armando Salazar and 41593 Captain Jack Sparrow arrived today.

75082 Rebels Tie Advanced Prototype
    75131 Resistance Trooper Battle Pack
    75169 Duel on Naboo

All for €43 total :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

75082 Rebels Tie Advanced Prototype
    75131 Resistance Trooper Battle Pack
    75169 Duel on Naboo

All for €43 total :-)

Dear Lord, tell me the secret of your magic oh wise one . . . . .

Advertisement