Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Rael wrote: »
    Dear Lord, tell me the secret of your magic oh wise one . . . . .

Was in Smyths yesterday picking up a Minecraft set for my son. Just noticed the Tie Prototype on the front of the rack, just 3 sets left one of which was bashed. €45 rrp down to €15. I never would have thought about a rebels set even though this set got great reviews. The price to part was just stupid like a lot of the current sets. But €15! I just grabbed one as the Inquisitor MF alone will probably be worth that in a couple of years. In hindsight I should have taken the 3. I called back there today but all gone. Clearly they found a couple of sets in the stockroom and put them out on front of the shelf to flog. I was just luck to pass by

Then Tesco earlier. I was going to wait until later in the year for a good discount on the Duel of Naboo but €24 was still a little off rrp plus I want to keep an eye out for it to drop to pick up another to moc it.

While in Tesco I spotted a lone 75131 under the City sets. Must have got lost there but I know these are currently going for €4.40 as Tesco were unloading stock for new sets. Naturally I picked it up.

Obviously watching sets you want on Amazon is a good way to bag a deal but Tesco, even though they generally do small sets, need to keep shelves packed and stock turning over. When a new wave comes in worth keeping an eye on older sets on the shelf when you pop in to do your shopping. Smyths don't just have a couple of shelves for LEGO now. The have a lane. Plus the Friends stiff takes up another half a lane. Shelf space is a premium. Again when the Summer wave comes in, keep an eye on the winter 2015 sets or straggling summer 2015. They are likely to be discounted by 20% or more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Partially complete black pearl and Queen Anne with all mini figs but without sails. Just have to pick up the sails for cheap now.

Turns out the black pearl was only missing the sails and less than ten minor pieces. Not bad for €50 incl post. Obviously the sails will cost a bit but I'm prepared to wait for a cheap set.
    Let's hope the queen Mary set is in a similar state of incompleteness.

Gave Myself €200 Budget for April and instead of buying a single big set I went for my first Haul

75131 Resistance Troop Battle Pack x3
    60117 Van & Caravan
    60138 High Speed Chase
    60142 Money Transporter
    60148 ATV Race Team
    60150 Pizza Van
    41122 Friends Adventure Camp (with a free Mini VW Beetle)
    21307 Caterham Seven 620 R (with a free Mini VW Beetle)
    My First Garden DUPLO

That's me done for a while now. Although May the 4th is just around the corner...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Fancy parting with one of the Mini VW Beetle's for a tenner?

Sleepy wrote: »
    Fancy parting with one of the Mini VW Beetle's for a tenner?

Gone already. Gave one to my young lad and sold the other for €20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Arrived yesterday:

75523: Scarif Stormtrooper
    75524: Chirrut Îmwe
    75525: Baze Malbus
    853520: Aaron Key Chain
    853524: Lance Key Chain
    40252: Mini Volkswagen Beetle

Finally got all 18 SW buildable figures. Wandering how many more they will introduce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Greg81 wrote: »
    Arrived yesterday:

75523: Scarif Stormtrooper
    75524: Chirrut Îmwe
    75525: Baze Malbus
    853520: Aaron Key Chain
    853524: Lance Key Chain
    40252: Mini Volkswagen Beetle

Finally got all 18 SW buildable figures. Wandering how many more they will introduce.

4 more coming in the summer.

Slave I (75060) landed today with R2-D2 poly bag (30611)

I am the force and the force is with me.

Greg81 wrote: »
    Slave I (75060) landed today with R2-D2 poly bag (30611)

I am the force and the force is with me.

My Snow Speeder arrived, all banged up... :mad:

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    From where?

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that.

My was intact. And parcel was sent from Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

You can return it bud. Lego r very good like that.

madalig12 wrote: »
    You can return it bud. Lego r very good like that.

It was a birthday present for Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

It was a birthday present for Wednesday.

Well build it and chuck the box...enjoy it.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Well build it and chuck the box...enjoy it.

Won't the box hurt resell value down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

It'll hurt it a little but not a huge amount, having built the set will impact the resale price way more than the damaged box.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

It'll hurt it a little but not a huge amount, having built the set will impact the resale price way more than the damaged box.

Ah really? That's grand, sure I might just keep it so, not that I plan on selling my UCS or Star Wars but you never know and know adult Lego fans are mental about boxes at times.

Had a lad wanting a Simpsons house half price off me cause the box had a tiny sticker residue on it.

Some are, I'm not that push about boxes, I keep them but if a set I want doesn't have a box it's not going to stop me buying it and the box or lack of won't influence how much I'll pay for the set, there will be others as you have described but I find them less common. If a set is used and still available to purchase new buyers are going to want to pay half price for it, obviously depending on the theme and set but once large sets such as UCS have been discontinued the resale price usually comes back up toward the original RRP.

Regarding the sticker use a hair dryer to heat up the stickers and they should peel off easy, any traces that are left you should be able to rub off while they are still warm.

Some are, I'm not that push about boxes, I keep them but if a set I want doesn't have a box it's not going to stop me buying it and the box or lack of won't influence how much I'll pay for the set, there will be others as you have described but I find them less common. If a set is used and still available to purchase new buyers are going to want to pay half price for it, obviously depending on the theme and set but once large sets such as UCS have been discontinued the resale price usually comes back up toward the original RRP.

Regarding the sticker use a hair dryer to heat up the stickers and they should peel off easy, any traces that are left you should be able to rub off while they are still warm.

Ah sure I may keep it so, my GF just picked me up an Ewok Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Just got these and have no idea what they are worth can anyone help?

42039 - (retired)
    42042 - (retired)
    42030 - (retired)
    42056 - (sealed in a double box)
    10225 - (Collectors Edition)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dan786 wrote: »
    Just got these and have no idea what they are worth can anyone help?

42039 - (retired)
    42042 - (retired) -
    42030 - (retired) -
    42056 - (sealed in a double box) - €220
    10225 - (Collectors Edition) - €250ish

That's quite a collection. Where did you get them and do you mind me asking what you paid?

There's over €1000 there easily. Probably closer to €1500.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's quite a collection. Where did you get them and do you mind me asking what you paid?

There's over €1000 there easily. Probably closer to €1500.

Got them from a friend , for a couple of hundred. Don't want to give the figure haha.

Got them from a friend , for a couple of hundred. Don't want to give the figure haha.

Are they sealed?

Are they sealed?

Unfortunately just one is sealed. They others have been built.

Unfortunately just one is sealed. They others have been built.

Still a lovely collection

Still a lovely collection

Going to sell it anyway as I have no time or interest. Just thought it was too good a value to refuse so bought them.

Going to sell it anyway as I have no time or interest. Just thought it was too good a value to refuse so bought them.

Do you have boxes and manuals? If you do you'll get a bit more than just the Lego itself.

As they are open and mainly still available they are worth a lot less that you would thin, mainly as there have been great sales on the high end lego sets lately.

If you look at 45056, the porsche, you can get it in smyths for 220, meaning the most you'll get selling it privately it about 180 - 190. people aren't going to pay retail price from someone privately if the sets are for the same price in the shops.

Basically the sets that are open and still available in the shops are worth at most, half their retail price.

The retired sets would be worth a bit more than half their RRP

42039 - (retired) - 70-80
    42042 - (retired) - 100 - 150
    42030 - (retired) - 180-220
    10225 - (Collectors Edition) - 200- 225

If you're looking to sell in one lot you'd probably need to take the lower prices, if you're going to sell individually you should aim for the higher prices.

The hold lot is worth about 1100 imo but it will be hard enough to get someone to pay 1000 at one go for Lego unless they are getting great value for their money.

Do you have boxes and manuals? If you do you'll get a bit more than just the Lego itself.

Yeah boxed with manuals.

• Advertisement

As they are open and mainly still available they are worth a lot less that you would thin, mainly as there have been great sales on the high end lego sets lately.

If you look at 45056, the porsche, you can get it in smyths for 220, meaning the most you'll get selling it privately it about 180 - 190. people aren't going to pay retail price from someone privately if the sets are for the same price in the shops.

Basically the sets that are open and still available in the shops are worth at most, half their retail price.

The retired sets would be worth a bit more than half their RRP

42039 - (retired) - 70-80
    42042 - (retired) - 100 - 150
    42030 - (retired) - 180-220
    10225 - (Collectors Edition) - 200- 225

If you're looking to sell in one lot you'd probably need to take the lower prices, if you're going to sell individually you should aim for the higher prices.

The hold lot is worth about 1100 imo but it will be hard enough to get someone to pay 1000 at one go for Lego unless they are getting great value for their money.

Thanks for the input. To be honest if I can get 750-800 for the lot I would be happy.

Advertisement