Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

dan786 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. To be honest if I can get 750-800 for the lot I would be happy.

I would check bricklink for the value and also check eBay recent sale prices for the sets,aim your price midway or above the bricklink price to give u a fair idea what they are worth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Id be after your 10255 if box is in good condition and no sun damage to the bricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

madalig12 wrote: »
    Id be after your 10255 if box is in good condition and no sun damage to the bricks.

All in perfect condition man.

All in perfect condition man.

Cool sure pm me when u get round to selling

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Does anyone know when the new wave of SW sets are out here? Apparently a few UK stores have already started stocking them, but nothing so far on the Irish sites. Dying to get the new Bounty Hunter BP and Clone tank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the new wave of SW sets are out here? Apparently a few UK stores have already started stocking them, but nothing so far on the Irish sites. Dying to get the new Bounty Hunter BP and Clone tank

Smyths have them on shelves a month now, I got a few of them, weird they don't show up on the website but only in store....

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Smyths have them on shelves a month now, I got a few of them, weird they don't show up on the website but only in store....

Oh for real? That's mad, I would've already popped in had I known. What you pick up?

Oh for real? That's mad, I would've already popped in had I known. What you pick up?

New Pirates ship, the new Carousel, Darth Vaders creation set, dunno the actually names :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Wandered into Smyth's just to see if the summer wave is up. Yep, all City, SW, Creator etc...

While there I picked up 60073 City Toilet Trouble Service Truck. Its retired so thought I'd get one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Got those 2 myself last week in Smyths.

• Advertisement

Tesco has also gotten them last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Soo - we got this today - was too cool to leave in the rain at the bootsale - can anyone help me identify exactly what set it is?

Its a fair amount of lego in a wooden sliding box - thinking 1960's??
    dxigi9.jpg

One page of the lego manual :)
    r09lhz.jpg

Bricks have an slightly different font - and the material is a bit different
    iwrnlk.jpg
    (havn't cleaned them yet)

:D

“Roll it back”

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Nice find! How much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ozmo wrote: »
    Soo - we got this today - was too cool to leave in the rain at the bootsale - can anyone help me identify exactly what set it is?

dxigi9.jpg

One page of the lego manual :)
    r09lhz.jpg

Bricks have an slightly different font - and the material is a bit different
    iwrnlk.jpg
    (havn't cleaned them yet)

Istokg on Brickset's forum should give you an answer straight away. Cool find.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

ozmo wrote: »

Beginning to mid-60's I'd say. That type of box design started in the late 50's and was phased out in the middle of the 60's to be replaced by the four-bar colour design. Great find. Send some photo to Brickset themselves as well, the staff there know a lot and can add the images to their database if they don't have them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Early 60's I'd say. My Dad had a very similar set when he was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Excellent find! I've often been tempted to go to car boot sales, but I've always assumed it would be pointless since the world and its dog seems to be savvy to the value of LEGO these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just been giving 4709 for nothing. Box manual the whole lot. Pity it's such a horrible looking set.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Just been giving 4709 for nothing. Box manual the whole lot. Pity it's such a horrible looking set.

I was only saying over the weekend that if Harry Potter sets were to appear now, they'd be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I have to ask, what is this quote in your sig from?
    I was trying to take the bar of soap out of the sock but then I said, 'why bother, what's the point?'

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    I have to ask, what is this quote in your sig from?

My other half. Can't even remember what in was in relation to.

Rhyme wrote: »
    I was only saying over the weekend that if Harry Potter sets were to appear now, they'd be amazing.

Hopefully fantastic beasts encourages them to revisit the theme. Wouldn mind andiagon alley set.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A UCS series Hogwarts would be amazing...

We live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

getting rid of this for 170 if anyone interested

Star Wars R2-D2 UCS 10225- in perfect condition assembled with box

Id be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Likewise, I'd be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Managed to grab 5004928-1: Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman (keychain) polybag in Argos for 3.99Euro before website was taken down.

https://brickset.com/sets/5004928-1/Kiss-Kiss-Tuxedo-Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Just picked up the Star Wars Snowspeeder and Star Wars Advent calendar thanks to the Smyths sale.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just picked up the Star Wars Snowspeeder and Star Wars Advent calendar thanks to the Smyths sale.

Oh how much is the snow speeder? Do Smyth's take One4All?

Advertisement