Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

It was 199.99, I was also getting other stuff so in reality it cost me 160.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It was 199.99, I was also getting other stuff so in reality it cost me 160.

Might jump on it so. I wonder if Ken Blacks are running the same offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do Smyth's take One4All?

Nope!!!

Nope!!!

Dam it Dave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

**** I forgot, Ill have that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Oh how much is the snow speeder? Do Smyth's take One4All?

At an old job my Christmas bonus was a One4All voucher. At the time I wasn't interested in the stores that accepted them, so my folks kindly bought it from me, since they would do €100 worth of groceries in Dunnes anyway, where it was accepted. Any generous friends or family that would do the same?

At an old job my Christmas bonus was a One4All voucher. At the time I wasn't interested in the stores that accepted them, so my folks kindly bought it from me, since they would do €100 worth of groceries in Dunnes anyway, where it was accepted. Any generous friends or family that would do the same?

A mines only a €50 one. I'll spend it easy enough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Got the Lego City and Star Wars advent calenders today. Hard part is putting them away for a couple of months.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Argos are doing 3/2 from tomorrow, anyone around Dundrum want to go in together and get a UCS BB-8?, They work out about €74 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

At an old job my Christmas bonus One4All voucher?

Think Amazon used to take them.. sterling is low now too..

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

ozmo wrote: »
    Think Amazon used to take them.. sterling is low now too..

They still do: https://www.one4all.ie/retailer/spend-online/amazon-ie.html

Argos are doing 3/2 from tomorrow, anyone around Dundrum want to go in together and get a UCS BB-8?, They work out about €74 each.

I would if I was in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The young lad took advantage of the Smyths deal yesterday with his birthday money and picked up The Simpons House.

F it, got the Snow Speeder, looks nice.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    F it, got the Snow Speeder, looks nice.

Anyone near Naas wanna chip in for a Porche in the 3 for 2 haha?

You get the Snowspeeder in Argos? I couldn't see it on the website.

You get the Snowspeeder in Argos? I couldn't see it on the website.

Smyths Exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Got Destiny's Bounty for £75 when i was in England (when £ was cheaper) :) was in ToyrUs and then i asked them if they do price matching (with Smyth), such incredible value for a new set.

They sneakily raise prices for some of the sets, do your own research on other sites beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

seraphimvc wrote: »
    They sneakily raise prices for some of the sets, do your own research on other sites beforehand.

Everyone should use https://www.brickcat.com

It compares Lego prices in a bunch of different Irish stores as well as the Lego online shop

seraphimvc wrote: »

Ended up getting one in Smyths instead, with their money off offer I got BB-8 and some stocking fillers for €80, better than the hassle of trying to sell the two other BB-8's i'd have gotten from Argos.

FYI I never care about the price before the discount, it's always the price after, who cares if they charge €10 over RRP if you end up getting it for €25 under after the deal. But yeah with Argos you really need to keep an eye on the prices, even throughout the promotion, as they can drop too as well as rise.

Ended up getting one in Smyths instead, with their money off offer I got BB-8 and some stocking fillers for €80, better than the hassle of trying to sell the two other BB-8's i'd have gotten from Argos.

FYI I never care about the price before the discount, it's always the price after, who cares if they charge €10 over RRP if you end up getting it for €25 under after the deal. But yeah with Argos you really need to keep an eye on the prices, even throughout the promotion, as they can drop too as well as rise.

yes, it is the final price you paid matters, but as seasonal fellow lego buyers, we surely would like the deals to be as cheap as possible, so even you are happy with the final price from 3for2, but knowing exactly how much their base prices help our wallets in a long run. Because there are too many sets out there we want right :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

About half way through my build of the Old Fishing Store, and it's a thing of beauty so far! Love all the little details!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well, I spoiled myself today. Got the Ghostbuster Firehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

OwaynOTT wrote: »

That's the one set I'd love,just can't justify spending that much on Lego though unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

shamrock55 wrote: »
    That's the one set I'd love,just can't justify spending that much on Lego though unfortunately

The beauty of it is the justification.

Also Smyths put back up the prices of its batman movie range to the prices they had 3 weeks ago. Sets like two face and bane were 39.99 the last 2 weeks. Today back up to 49.99 so you save....nothing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

shamrock55 wrote: »

FSG are affecting you.
    Bet your looking at sets in adverts/eBay that once showed promise but for whatever reason are going cheap now and you think you can get something out of them.

Seriously though, I've sold other stuff to get up to most of the cost, so I'm justifying that way.
    Also, I don't think it will ever that cheap elsewhere. Say one on DoneDeal recently for I think €250 and that was used, no box, no manual and not guaranteed to be complete and I thought that was a decent price.

Sometimes you gotta spend for quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Sometimes you gotta spend for quality.

You sure do

got the red hulk set today from Smyth took advantage of that 10 off per 50 spent. 42euro for that, I mean, seriously, thats the most I would pay for that bloody set lol

if you have been struggling to buy that set like me now is your chance haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

In the 4-5 weeks I have picked up...

42056: Porsche 911 GT3 RS
    75153: AT-ST Walker
    75060: Slave I
    60117: Van & Caravan

Some Duplo too..

10811: Backhoe Loader
    10816: My First Cars and Trucks
    10590: Airport
    10854: Creative Box

I bought the Porsche back during the Smyths sale, still sitting there half made, box 3 and 4 need to be done but don't wanna cover up all those gears and mechanisms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Star Lord wrote: »
    About half way through my build of the Old Fishing Store, and it's a thing of beauty so far! Love all the little details!

My wife's gone mad into Lego over the past six months, she's building way too fast! Picked the GB firehouse up last month and the old fishing store last week, really are awesome pieces of kit.

Got the grand emporium today for her birthday on the 18/11. She's already begun building and the palace cinema is next on her list..

I'll post a photo of what's going on tomorrow.

Advertisement