Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

tedpan wrote: »

I'll post a photo of what's going on tomorrow.

Here's a pic, the Simpson's house and emporium are downstairs..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You need to slow her down. Break a few fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Wow ! That looks really cool the setup you have !

I just looked at the Ghostbusters firehouse on amazon - €406 :O !!

OwaynOTT wrote:
    You need to slow her down. Break a few fingers.

Haha, ah well she really enjoys it, can't do anything about it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Wow ! That looks really cool the setup you have !

I just looked at the Ghostbusters firehouse on amazon - €406 :O !!

€359 in smyths/ken blacks and they often do sales. I got it for 20% in blacks.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote:
    €359 in smyths/ken blacks and they often do sales. I got it for 20% in blacks.

Nice, I got it from smyths. Not on deal unfortunately..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

21312 Women of NASA
    41485 Brickheadz Finn
    41486 Brickheadz Captain Plasma

The more I look at the Brickheadz the more they grow on me. These SW ones are the first 2 I got. I guess if my kids were older and wanting them we would have the bunch but I'm holding off as my wishlist still contains some large sets.

Thing is with the current batch close to retirement I wonder if the prices will be stupid after market as they all have printed pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

21312 Women of NASA
    41485 Brickheadz Finn
    41486 Brickheadz Captain Plasma

The more I look at the Brickheadz the more they grow on me. These SW ones are the first 2 I got. I guess if my kids were older and wanting them we would have the bunch but I'm holding off as my wishlist still contains some large sets.

Thing is with the current batch close to retirement I wonder if the prices will be stupid after market as they all have printed pieces.

Ordered the Brickheadz because I think it's likely that they'll be retired at the end of 2017 like the Ninjago ones. The Captain Phasma looks pretty ugly from some angles. Went ahead and put the 2017 A Wing in the basket as well, in my opinion a worthy investment considering that the Lando Calrissian goes for €15-€20 online which for a €50 set that is still on the shelves is absolutely crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Went ahead and put the 2017 A Wing in the basket as well, in my opinion a worthy investment considering that the Lando Calrissian goes for €15-€20 online which for a €50 set that is still on the shelves is absolutely crazy.

Same deal with The Phantom set, someone must have told the shops that people want the Thrawn minifigure so it's never been discounted.

Got the Ideas Fishing Store from Smyths. Complete impulse buy based on the bargain thread update! €119 is a great price for it IMO and it was on my wish list. Woop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Got the Ideas Fishing Store from Smyths. Complete impulse buy based on the bargain thread update! €119 is a great price for it IMO and it was on my wish list. Woop!

ouch, i paid 150 for that not long ago (that comes with the VIP store set). :eek: is a good deal from Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Looks like I might head to Smyths after work... good price.

tedpan wrote: »
    Unfortunately that was last month when the 20% offer was on. It's 149 now

according to their website... it is currently on sale along with a few others (ghostbusters, snowspeeder, slave1 etc..)

mloc123 wrote:
    according to their website... it is currently on sale along with a few others (ghostbusters, snowspeeder, slave1 etc..)

Yep, you're right! My mistake, awesome deal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Heading into town myself after work to pick it up. Was gonna get it for Christmas but couldn't resist it now at that price!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

My wife got me Assembly Square for my 30th, and I put some of another gift towards the Detective's Office to go with it. We've had great fun building the pair of them together in our new place, swapping builds back and forth. We really took our time over them, but they're finally finished (picture attached).

My modular collection is all over the place - when I was in my family home I collected the Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, and Town Hall. Then I moved to London and they got broken down and put into storage, and in my new place I resumed the collection with Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant. I've since moved to Dublin, and those two have alo been broken down and and put into storage. Now I've started the modular street for a third time with AS and DO.

One day I'll have them all on the same street :)

The Parisian Restaurant will be delivered today, my wife will be happy! :)

Assembly square is next on the LONG list..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

New modular will probably be announced within days for release on 01/01/18. Lists may get longer!

The Grand Emporium is done and the Parisian Restaurant arrived on Thursday, the build has begun!

My wife has the luckiest husband! :D

Took advantage of Black Friday on S@H and some VIP points to bag the Brick Bank for €75 😊

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I would love more LEGO but I really don’t have anywhere to store it in my apartment. :(

I’ll just have to get a bigger place!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I loved buying Lego for my kids , all grown up now and missed buying it and wandering down the aisles to check it out
    But now I can buy it for my grandchild again and just bought her the Lego Duplo airplane !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Finally ended up getting the Porsche 911 GT3 RS in Argos today. It was too much to resist once it went under €200.

Now all I have to do is find time some evening to build it.

CR 7 wrote: »
    Finally ended up getting the Porsche 911 GT3 RS in Argos today. It was too much to resist once it went under €200.

Try a week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

CR 7 wrote: »

It was €160 in Smyths last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It was €160 in Smyths last month.

Well that doesn't really help me much now. :pac: But it doesn't matter anyway, I opened it just to have a look inside and even the way it's packaged up makes it look more special than any other set I've bought, so worth the money either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Went a bit mad at the weekend and ordered the following from the Lego Store:

21309 Apollo Saturn V - my xmas present from Mrs Sleepy, back-ordered but due Dec 5th
    10253 Big Ben - for the eldest (€45 off in the BF sale), back-ordered but due Dec 7th
    31069 Modular Family Villa - a surprise for our youngest (€12 off in the BF sale)
    75530 Chewbacca - the eldest's present from the youngest

Put them in over three orders to get 3 of the nutcracker sets which'll make nice stocking fillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Not sure you'll get the three nutcracker, think it's one per household, but let me know when they arrive if you do get three! I think it'll have it on the order online and on the order sheet in the box, but the nutcracker will only be in one of the boxes upon arrival!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Not sure you'll get the three nutcracker, think it's one per household, but let me know when they arrive if you do get three! I think it'll have it on the order online and on the order sheet in the box, but the nutcracker will only be in one of the boxes upon arrival!

Had four of one of Christmas offer sets last year and two the year before. Id be surprised if they’ve changed it to per household.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

The terms and conditions have it as being one per household, that's what I was basing it on.....

Advertisement