Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Had four of one of Christmas offer sets last year and two the year before. Id be surprised if they’ve changed it to per household.

Yeah, I'm sure it's 1 per order

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Pulled the trigger on the Death Star! Missed Smyths so got the 399 S@H one on backorder before cyber Monday ends tonight. That's finally it for 2017. No technic this year but a small fortune dropped on ideas, star wars, city and creator lines.

The backlog is significant now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Pulled the trigger on the Death Star! Missed Smyths so got the 399 S@H one on backorder before cyber Monday ends tonight. That's finally it for 2017. No technic this year but a small fortune dropped on ideas, star wars, city and creator lines.

The backlog is significant now!

Was in Smyths Athlone this evening mulling over getting slave 1 or some technics. They still had 3 Death Stars on the shelf despite showing out of stock on the website. Left empty handed :( just can't spare money with other expenses at the minute. Was dissapointed argos didn't honour price on Star Desttroyer. Hopefully get something in sales maybe Millennium Falcon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

tedpan wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm sure it's 1 per order

1 per order for 100%.

2 parcels heading my way. Each of them contains nutcracker. Just made 2 separate orders one after another. No problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Greg81 wrote: »
    1 per order for 100%.

2 parcels heading my way. Each of them contains nutcracker. Just made 2 separate orders one after another. No problems at all.

Hopefully... I split my order in two with the intention of getting one for either side of the mantelpiece..

• Advertisement

Downtown Diner will be the next purchase. It'll be tough to wait a while month before ordering!

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Downtown-Diner-10260

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

My wife is going to kill me, picked up Cargo Train and Bucket Wheel Excavator in the Asda deals online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bought the snow resort and ski slope this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Got some nice sets over Christmas.

I got 10258 London Bus from my parents. I enjoyed the build and think it looks great overall. The only bad part of the build was the seats, which isn't really surprising and didn't take away from it. With that order came a free 40254 Nutcracker which has a good, stylised design. I made it on Christmas day, and took it apart and put it with the rest of the decorations in the attic yesterday. Going to build it every year now for Christmas and put it on display somewhere.

QITckcLl.jpg
    Here's the bus beside 10252 VW Beetle. They're not the same scale unfortunately, but the bus would have to have been huge if they were. I'm not planning on displaying the bus with my other Creator vehicles so I don't mind too much.

Along with those two I thought I'd try to get some old sets I've always had my eye on. I bought myself 1349 Steven Spielberg Moviemaker Set and 6270 Forbidden Island on bricklink. Both look great so far, though the box for 1349 is in much worse condition than the listing led me to believe :o I'll try out the camera and software, even though they're both pretty famously terrible. I made a few brickfilms back in primary school (though I avoided the Moviemaker set at the same time as the camera I had was definitely much better quality), so messing around with the set now should be fun :D

3AyydmZl.jpg

Rq5JqXql.jpg

I did my best to space all the building out as long as possible... that didn't really go too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I've that pirate island somewhere iny Dad's attic, along with the pirate ship from around the same time.

The only set I got over Christmas was BB-8, it was a surprisingly quick build. But looks great beside R2-D2.

Then next purchase will probably be the Mack Anthem in the next few months.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

after buying the saturn 5 lego set, i really enjoyed building it and it was a nice break from sitting in front of the tv or technology.

my next purchase was tower bridge. so looking forward to that arriving soon. Although the lack of number bags means it going to take a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

irishgeo wrote: »
    after buying the saturn 5 lego set, i really enjoyed building it and it was a nice break from sitting in front of the tv or technology.

my next purchase was big ben. so looking forward to that arriving soon. Although the lack of number bags means it going to take a bit longer.

I have Big Ben and it came in numbered bags.

SMC92Ian wrote: »

my next purchase was big ben. so looking forward to that arriving soon. Although the lack of number bags means it going to take a bit longer.

I have Big Ben and it came in numbered bags.
    Its tower bridge I bought. No idea why I typed big Ben.

Its tower bridge I bought. No idea why I typed big Ben.

Yep, built it last year and the entire time I was wondering "why on earth didn't they use numbered bags".

The Palace Cinema is built. Fits in nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I know it's not Lego but I got the kids lepin deathstar and Simpsons house and tbh they are pretty spot on,alot of sorting pieces alright cos bags aren't numbered correctly but for what you pay they can't be faulted,the only difference is there's no Lego print on the blocks,carbon copies otherwise

The Palace Cinema is built. Fits in nicely :)

Very very nearly got the Palace Cinema the past two Christmases for myself. I think I'll have to hurry up and bite the bullet before it's discontinued.

Conchir wrote:
    Very very nearly got the Palace Cinema the past two Christmases for myself. I think I'll have to hurry up and bite the bullet before it's discontinued.

Yep, it's a nice set. Lovely exterior design although not a whole lot going on inside so is a quick enough build. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I know it's not Lego but I got the kids lepin deathstar and Simpsons house and tbh they are pretty spot on,alot of sorting pieces alright cos bags aren't numbered correctly but for what you pay they can't be faulted,the only difference is there's no Lego print on the blocks,carbon copies otherwise

We got a Kazi Tiger Tank. The pieces aren't as good quality as Lego but once built it looks really great. Nice build also. Makes me long for "proper" Lego military. €18 from Ali Express, incredible value

Conchir wrote:

Sold out at the moment. It says to call them for availability.

• Advertisement

Sold out at the moment. It says to call them for availability.

Ah jeez, thanks for the heads up! I might have put it off too long after all :o

tower bridge came today. There is lots of bags. Any ideas on how to start sorting out the lego. Alot of the bags look like they contain the same pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Unless the bags are numbered, dump it all out on the table and get stuck in old-school. No time for this noelling stuff myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭WildWater

tower bridge came today. There is lots of bags. Any ideas on how to start sorting out the lego. Alot of the bags look like they contain the same pieces.
    What sleepy says. Also, build both towers at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hire someone to build it fir you. Easiest way, all the pleasure of looking at Lego without the hardship of building

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Sleepy wrote: »
    Unless the bags are numbered, dump it all out on the table and get stuck in old-school. No time for this noelling stuff myself!

This is the only way to build, I've found that with numbered bags the build time is cut in half (well maybe not in half but it's much quicker), and half the fun is rooting through all the pieces for that 1x1 black tile you can't find.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm available! :p

I am looking forward to the challenge. In no hurry. Got it to pass these **** winter evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

WildWater wrote: »
    ...Also, build both towers at the same time.

I do this myself sometimes when you build a large section and you know you will need x4 of them etc...

But then feel guilty...
    Does anyone else think this is cheating or is it just me :)

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

This is the only way to build, I've found that with numbered bags the build time is cut in half (well maybe not in half but it's much quicker), and half the fun is rooting through all the pieces for that 1x1 black tile you can't find.

Worst part of Lego that is, hate looking for parts.

Advertisement